Remind me what you said lads?

Wullie

Mike Ashley’s stock is falling fast

Ashley just helps make Newcastle United an even bigger laughing stock. As if it needed help.

Harry Redknapp’s snub leaves Newcastle where they deserve to be - still in a mess

Ashley, a Geordie drunk on the past

Keegan's return is the most ill-judged appointment of this and any other Premier League season

Kevin Keegan has achieved something nobody else in Newcastle’s long history has managed. He has made the rest of the country loathe them.

Players were dismayed at Keegan's farcical tactical team meeting ahead of yesterday's 3-0 FA Cup fourth round drubbing at Arsenal.

The abiding memories will probably involve Jose Enrique, Newcastle's hapless Spanish left back - and how on earth did Sam Allardyce pay around £6m for him?

All the vice-president's men won't save Newcastle

They've realised that the man who now sits on the bench is an imposter as a Premier League manager.

So King Kev is going to make do with what he's got? Great news for Sunderland and Middlesbrough

Reality is gusting in off the Tyne with alarming haste.

Victory this afternoon would merely paper over the cracks of the situation at Newcastle, which one former player has described as 'fucking chaos'.

No romantic ending in sight for the disaster movie that is Newcastle United

You would never win any prizes for clairvoyance by predicting a project involving Keegan will most likely end in tears

Geordies with their heads in the clouds (or in the sand) won't like the rest of the country saying 'We told you so'... but we did.

Will he once again quit? The millions he would forfeit in compensation would probably prevent him from doing so but already his days at St James' appear to be numbered.

Unwanted Viduka is ready to leave Newcastle

Ashley could have turned away from the disaster-in-waiting that was Kevin Keegan’s appointment as Newcastle United manager

7 games, NO wins, NO hope

Looking at their fixtures, it is difficult to see where they are going to get the points to stay up. Verdict - Going down.

EXCLUSIVE: Keegan told to start winning, or it's a role upstairs

Fevered reports suggest mounting disquiet among the locals that so many decisions are being made by – wait for it – southerners. Oh yes, it is southerners who are to blame.

Ashley's eyes on the exit door

Why everyone got quite so excited when Keegan returned to St James’ Park was simply beyond me. It was blindingly obvious that it was never going to work out.

:smug:

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/img/2007_jawards_msamuel.jpg

Martin Samuel gets his hands on the John Bromley Trophy for the SJA Sports Writer of the Year for the third consecutive time

:jesuswept:

Sports journalism in the UK is dead.

Guest Phil K

Are these the contributions of the fat bearded drunk Samuel ?

I bet there's very little in the national papers about us this week.

It has been infinitely quiet amongst the goat-molesting football lags, hasn't it - since the Spuds win, certainly.

Guest mobiius

I bet there's very little in the national papers about us this week.

i will be very surprised if ex-TOON player amdy faye dosen't make the front page of the sun tomorrow as TOON legend gazza did last week when we won.

Ckocsucking leeches the lot of them, making a living out of a game they patently know very little about, they don't deserve to inhabit the same planet as a man of Keegan's passion and integrity never mind try to ridicule him.

Guest float one in

Nice one Wullie, I'm going to enjoy skimming back through a few of those!

Anyone read anything by Brian Glanville on our situation since KK came back? I might not agree with everything he says, but he knows much more about football than any other writer these days and he always gives his own opinions, normally well thought out, rather than the agenda driven, bandwagon-jumping rubbish the others come out with.

Not bought World Soccer recently so haven't been able to check what he's had to say about it all.

iam glad they said all those things, its nice to prove people wrong, hopefully this time next year we are in a position to bump this thread back up again.

Ckocsucking leeches the lot of them, making a living out of a game they patently know very little about, they don't deserve to inhabit the same planet as a man of Keegan's passion and integrity never mind try to ridicule him.

:clap:

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/img/2007_jawards_msamuel.jpg

Martin Samuel gets his hands on the John Bromley Trophy for the SJA Sports Writer of the Year for the third consecutive time

:jesuswept:

Sports journalism in the UK is dead.

He even looks smelly.

Guest andynufc84

The last article on that list - the Jimmy Greaves one is particularly annoying. 

Would loved to have seen his face when we humped the magnificent Spurs on their own patch  mackems.gif

Guest Phil K

It's the laughable one about us saying southerners to blame - as usual taking what they want out of comments and twisting it - we said that southern hacks are glorying in our problems.

That quote actually PROVED it.

What remains the great mystery for me is why they have written articles that seem filled with so much derogatory text.

Fair enough, they may want to comment on the fact that to bring Kevin Keegan back may not have been a very good decision but its the way they word it - using phrases like "Disaster-in-Waiting", "Disaster-Movie", "Laughing-Stock" - that I cant get my head around. These are comments that you would expect to be made by petty opposition fans, not supposed award winning-journalists.

Probably biased I know, but Kevin Keegan has always seemed very media friendly and not the type of character that would make enemies that would have resulted in this kind of vitriol.

KK mst be applauded for not having risen to it and for maintaining his usual level of class throughout it all.

I dread to think of what kind of articles were written by the people that didnt win these supposed awards won by Samuels.

Dont like to give them the time of day.

Feel embarrassed for those who make up and write the storys.

Feel pity for those who read them.

Feel worried for those who believe them.

Guest Brummiemag

Great post Wullie, some of the stuff written about Keegan is quite nasty, its unbelievable really. He's a likeable bloke, I can't understand why they seem to have it in for him.  KK deserves a lot of credit for staying so calm and dignified through those first 2 months. He must have felt under some pressure even though he didnt show it. He can now throw all that crap back in their faces and I'm really pleased for him.