Remind me what you said lads?

Wullie

clears up the ashley interview once and for all.

I cleared that up when I I got reply to my email from Paul McCarthy (Sports Ed at NOTW)

he's hardly going to say "Oops, did we really publish that one?" is he?

fwiw i thought it was confirmed then too but i'm sure there were a few others who didn't. not that i blame them mccarthy is an odious twat and the one who accounced the 'betting scam' to the world.

It was a massive spread full of quotes. Then some suggested the interview had never actually taken place (.com were amongst those who suggested this), then I think they backed down. As far as I'm aware it was a kosher interview.

It was a massive spread full of quotes. Then some suggested the interview had never actually taken place (.com were amongst those who suggested this), then I think they backed down. As far as I'm aware it was a kosher interview.

.com still say it was rubbish, I believe. They backed down and then piped up when they had it confirmed from within the club that it was untrue. All very odd.

Strange indeed. However much the papers love to make things up, I can't see how Ashley would let them get away with directly quoting him at length if it was all complete lies. It wasn't like it was the usual 'a source told me' bollocks.

The media as an entity are absolutely crap - they just don't do their jobs and write anything that their Media Baron owners want them to write ; they are the scum of the earth and more seriously, pawns of the State..

The media as an entity are absolutely crap - they just don't do their jobs and write anything that their Media Baron owners want them to write ; they are the scum of the earth and more seriously, pawns of the State..

or they provide what they think society wants hence why the tabloids outsell the broadsheets and why the broadsheets have been dumbing down for years.

want to know why we have a shit press/media ?.........take a look at the society it is catering for.

or they provide what they think society wants hence why the tabloids outsell the broadsheets and why the broadsheets have been dumbing down for years.

want to know why we have a s*** press/media ?.........take a look at the society it is catering for.

Sadly very true.

want to know why we have a s*** press/media ?.........take a look at the society it is catering for.

Totally agree, but this is because the Politically inspired dumbing-down of the Education system has created this society....

I blame people like Wullie for giving them the attention they're looking for, proving that this kind of journalism works. :dave:

;)

Totally agree, but this is because the Politically inspired dumbing-down of the Education system has created this society....

i'm not orwellian enough to think it was politically inspired. politically derived maybe but not politically inspired.

I blame people like Wullie for giving them the attention they're looking for, proving that this kind of journalism works. :dave:

;)

agreed. i was all for saying nowt. but equally saying nowt about them when they are licking the clubs arse aswell.

treet them as the irrelevence they are.