Thierry Henry

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still capable of great things, but he's definitely on the way down (scored the winner when I saw him at the Nou Camp but in general was nothing like the player he was) and would cost us an absolute fortune.

This isn't me saying we're too good for him - that would be just stupid - but I'd rather look elsewhere.

Guest MaetihS

Get him if we can. This will be awesome if we pull it off; imagine an attacking force of Henry, Martins, Owen and Viduka...sweet. Realistically, doubt he will come to us.

He's signed, sealed and close to delivered, and here is my evidence:

Ever since the start of the season we've played N'Zogbia out of position or keeping him on the bench just to piss him off. This move alerts other clubs and he'll be on his way down to London in the summer for big cash. The money we receive will be wired down to Barcelona almost immediately and Henry will get his beloved #14 shirt without any fuss! So when you think about it, we really should be thanking Allardyce...

Ever since the start of the season we've played N'Zogbia out of position or keeping him on the bench just to piss him off. This move alerts other clubs and he'll be on his way down to London in the summer for big cash. The money we receive will be wired down to Barcelona almost immediately and Henry will get his beloved #14 shirt without any fuss! So when you think about it, we really should be thanking Allardyce...

That's your 'evidence'? Or have I been whooshed?

Obvious whoosh.

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of signing Henry. He's been injured too much the last few seasons and from what I've seen (which admitedly isn't that much), he has hardly set the world alight at Camp Nou. My Spanish mate, who supports Barcelona, says that had it not been Henry, he wouldn't have been given half as many chances as he's had.

That money can be better spent elsewhere.

Obvious whoosh.

Anyway, I don't really like the idea of signing Henry. He's been injured too much the last few seasons and from what I've seen (which admitedly isn't that much), he has hardly set the world alight at Camp Nou. My Spanish mate, who supports Barcelona, says that had it not been Henry, he wouldn't have been given half as many chances as he's had.

That money can be better spent elsewhere.

Fair enough :D

Henry the player would probably not want him here, psossibly too much baggage, but Henry an an asset would be massiviely useful for the club.

Business wise it would probably make sense to sign him, but i feel we'vebeen down this "business before football" route before and would like to see more impetus on signing players looking to reach there peak rather than ones who have already had it.

If Henry would come I can see more good players come f.e Nasri, Menez, Diarra

If we sign one world class player this summer and if we have the money I can see us sign couple of them and 3-4 top prospects.

And that would do it for me.

If we sign one world class player this summer and if we have the money I can see us sign couple of them and 3-4 top prospects.

Not going to happen.

Not going to happen.

Why not?

He would be good for attracting other top players but why replace one moody, sulking frenchman (zoggy)with another one, imo we should be staying clear of the french and spanish with our track record.

He would be good for attracting other top players but why replace one moody, sulking frenchman (zoggy)with another one, imo we should be staying clear of the french and spanish with our track record.

:thup:

Excellent criteria.

Would sell a lot of shirts and keep the club's name among the elite during another season out of major European competition.  Excellent business decision.  Don't know how motivated he would be to play for a mid-table English side however.  Would be a bad career move for him.

Obviously having Henry's talent here would be a great boost to the club.......but I'm just a bit concerned about what the likes of Hleb and Fabregas etc have been seen saying about him since he left Arsenal.

No offence, but you must be an utter spastic to not want Henry.

Hardly, it would cost us very close to the money we spent on Owen to get him, money i dont want to see wasted on a 30 year player.