Thierry Henry

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reporter '' who did Barcelona sign from Arsenal in the summer''

KK '' Thierry Henry ''

O0

Guest Jungle Barry

If Thierry Henry and Deco pitched up on Gallowgate in the summer this foum would absolutely explode

It's pie in the sky anyway imo, he wouldn't come here for one reason, location, location, location!

Exactly. If he wasn't happy in London, I can't imagine a stuck up prick like that being happy here. Still with KK's persuasive powers nowt would surprise me.

No offence, but you must be an utter spastic to not want Henry.

Is that aimed at me?

Not really, just folks going, 'Bah, Henry? No thanks.' I can see why we might be cautious depending on the conditions of the transfer, but I'd love to see a player like him in a black & white shirt (and not a Juve one). And it wouldn't just be a glory signing, he'd be fucking brilliant for us, imo.

Still, as you say, there's nee chance.

Kluivert had a better goals to games ratio in his final season at Barcelona than Henry has this year.

Henry's been played on the left wing for quite a big part of the season though.

He's been playing on the left of a forward 3 and they all interchange positions throughout the game.

So we've got a thread on this board saying that Deco's not good enough for us (well, two actually) and another saying that Henry's not good enough for us.

I just hope nobody starts a 'Ronaldinho' thread. Mackems and Spurs fans probably already having a field day as it is.

There are issues with him as everyone has stated, but if it happened i'd be delighted, so would everyone else.

There is no perfect player out there who'll want to join us right now, so we've got to go for the ones we can and if Henry, Deco etc...do join us be delighted.

I'd like to know how serious these recurring injuries are, crocks are the exact thing we don't need.

So we've got a thread on this board saying that Deco's not good enough for us (well, two actually) and another saying that Henry's not good enough for us.

I just hope nobody starts a 'Ronaldinho' thread. Mackems and Spurs fans probably already having a field day as it is.

And we'd be a laughing stock again if we go out and spend mad money on a 30 year old who's not exactly setting the world on fire at the minute. Don't get me wrong if we signed him for realistic money and wages I'd be well happy but if we spend stupid money on him and he fails to produce were going to look like bigger fools.

See Michael Owen

for under 10 mil and 50k a week I'd be happy.

no denying he's one of the best but we've been down the trophy signing route many times before and what success has he brought us.

for 15 mil and 100k a week we could get so much more for our money.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=651127

"I would like to fetch Thierry Henry back to England," Keegan told Radio Newcastle. "He's the best player I've seen in the Premiership. When you're pitch-side, what I've seen him do to good players has been incredible. Sometimes you can take advantage of a situation and get what I call lucky."

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people. It would be nice to break a world record," he said. "Why rule it out? I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are. Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer.

"If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction."

A player who can only be in decline. Over 30 means his best days are behind him. Only way I'd bring him was if it was at a real knockdown price as he'll have zero resale value in 3/4 seasons.

Much rather go for the Bentley.

Yes.

urgh I brought this up with a bunch of mackem mates last night.  All I said is the rumour is Keegan wants Henry.

Fuck me.

"eeya man, are yew for fuckin reeal? Dew yew think that Henry would want to sign for yew lot?  Ya knar worrit iz, as sewn as yew dew well, yaz think yaz are gonna win the fuckin league, get a fuckin grip on reality man".

etc etc.

And we'd be a laughing stock again if we go out and spend mad money on a 30 year old who's not exactly setting the world on fire at the minute. Don't get me wrong if we signed him for realistic money and wages I'd be well happy but if we spend stupid money on him and he fails to produce were going to look like bigger fools.

See Michael Owen

exactly one year ago he was the consensus best striker in the world. And it's not as if he's suddenly turned into Ameobi at Barcelona: he's just struggling to adapt, not playing in his natural position, and being thrown off balance by all the internal turmoil in the club.

Fifteen million and 70~80k a week wages and I'd gladly carry him from Barcelona and across the English channel on my two shoulders. Turning our noses up at Henry?

He's two still two years younger and despite recent troubles has a fitness record a billion times better than that of Mark Viduka, and is at least ten times the player. Viduka is still a massive threat in the Premiership. Players do not suddenly turn completely useless just because they've hit the big three-oh.

Of course, all of this is immaterial and rather silly, to be honest, because there's honestly no fucking way he'd come here.

See Michael Owen

exactly one year ago he was the consensus best striker in the world. And it's not as if he's suddenly turned into Ameobi at Barcelona: he's just struggling to adapt, not playing in his natural position, and being thrown off balance by all the internal turmoil in the club.

Fifteen million and 70~80k a week wages and I'd gladly carry him from Barcelona and across the English channel on my two shoulders. Turning our noses up at Henry?

He's two still two years younger and despite recent troubles has a fitness record a billion times better than that of Mark Viduka, and is at least ten times the player. Viduka is still a massive threat in the Premiership. Players do not suddenly turn completely useless just because they've hit the big three-oh.

Of course, all of this is immaterial and rather silly, to be honest, because there's honestly no f****** way he'd come here.

No one is turning their noses up at him and it's silly that some people keep saying that.

People are just wondering if it is worth the risk, considering his questionable attitude, recent injury problems and the astronomical amount of money it would cost us.

There are afterall other players out there.

I am happy to sit back and let KK get on with signing who he wants, i know for a fact we will see players coming in who will be comfortable with the ball, be able to make apass etc etc.

I am looking forward to this summer, I hope we make an early start in the transfer window and show our intentions from the off.

I am happy to sit back and let KK get on with signing who he wants, i know for a fact we will see players coming in who will be comfortable with the ball, be able to make apass etc etc.

I am looking forward to this summer, I hope we make an early start in the transfer window and show our intentions from the off.

Unfortunately I don't think this will be the case, due to Euro 2008, which lots of good players will be involved in.

We'll probably be watching players at the tournament too.

Guest marsai

I'd imagine this Henry speculation is just Keegan's way of saying that Newcastle will be buying top quality this summer.

Sort of a statement to the fans and the rest of the premiership of what he intends to do with Newcastle in years to come.

I seriously doubt there's any chance of the actual flesh & bone Henry coming to town, but players with high quality and a lesser reputation

could be directed this way simply because it's a club with enough guts to be linked with an "Henry" or a "Ronaldinho" in the past.

Guest ToonGeneral

Imagine Ronaldinho at Manchester City and Henry here. Is that too crazy to even begin thinking about?