Thierry Henry

Guest sicko2ndbest

Henry: Totally unrealistic, huge step down for him. If the noises from Barca are that they will sell there will undoubtably be other suitors which match his pretensions (valid or not!!).

The only people we could realistically take from Barca would be Gudjonsson and Marquez...

Deco would be a dream, Henry would be like a "threesome with the last two missworlds"...

Imagine a front three of Henry, Owen & Viduka. :lol:

Six years ago, that would have been the best attack in the world.

Keywords: Six years ago

But seriously, isn't Henry the type of player who wants to be in a big club playing Champions League matches (Afterall, that's the only trophy he hasn't win) week in and week out?

Additionally, would his first-choice not be Arsenal, given the proximity to his home (London) and the familiarity (His previous club). Arsenal's striking department seems to be called into question lately too, would he not be a fantastic (or maybe nostalgic) addition to them as well?

Food for thoughts.

Regards,

Ericz

Imagine a front three of Henry, Owen & Viduka. :lol:

Six years ago, that would have been the best attack in the world.

Keywords: Six years ago

But seriously, isn't Henry the type of player who wants to be in a big club playing Champions League matches (Afterall, that's the only trophy he hasn't win) week in and week out?

Additionally, would his first-choice not be Arsenal, given the proximity to his home (London) and the familiarity (His previous club). Arsenal's striking department seems to be called into question lately too, would he not be a fantastic (or maybe nostalgic) addition to them as well?

Food for thoughts.

Regards,

Ericz

Arsene Wenger would never go back on his word. Once they are gone, they are gone.

None of Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea would buy him in my eyes but i do believe he would fancy coming to england.

The rumour is that he does want to return to this country.

Apparently, Henry is having an utterly miserable time in Spain on a personal level (missing his daughter). Impossible to say how much that has affected his game, but I think it's fair to say it's affected it a bit.

So, on the one hand, he might love to come back to England to be with his kid, but he's repeatedly said he wouldn't play for another English side after Arsenal.

Prefer a Viduka replacement...someone strong to hold up the ball

Because of his style, would be the hardest person to replace. Would either have to be someone big and strong who can hold up the ball or someone creative and could score form nothing.

Doubt we would find both.

I wouldn't pay what they paid for him. £10m not a penny more, same goes for Deco, £10m is what he's worth due to his age.

Be mint if we could get all three (Ronaldinho as well) would really put us on the map for at least two years anyway, then its passenger time.

Apparently, Henry is having an utterly miserable time in Spain on a personal level (missing his daughter). Impossible to say how much that has affected his game, but I think it's fair to say it's affected it a bit.

So, on the one hand, he might love to come back to England to be with his kid, but he's repeatedly said he wouldn't play for another English side after Arsenal.

he was playing shit before that... i think i remember reading that he blamed his wife and kid for his form that they are demanding... then he got divorced now he blames it on missing his kid... wow what next... most players leave there families behind when they move aboard and it dont effect them and bring them along  months or year or two after once they are settled ....the problem is his ego is more greater then his talent....

also anelka said he wouldn't play for another english side after arsenal as well... how well did that work out... soon henry would blame that he was not suited for the spanish league and want to move back to the premiership..

i rather Luis Fabiano came he is more passionate, and talented ... but is equal to henry in being a c**t...

Guest sombrero

i think henry at newcastle would be great as long as he doesnt get jinxed into injuries, form dropping, much the same with kluivert for example, or the beginings of owens time here. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle boss lines up £20m record bid to put the club back in the big time!

April 8, 2008

I am glad Kevin Keegan is back in the game, I have missed him and in particular brand of infectious interview banter. However I fear that he may be getting a little carried away! But maybe not? He wants to bring former Arsenal legend Thierry Henry back to the Premier League!

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan admits he wants to shake up the summer market.”I’d like to do what we did last time and surprise people. It would be nice to break a world record,” he told Radio Newcastle. “Why rule it out? I’d like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are. Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, ‘we can’t do that’. You say ‘why not?’ and they don’t give you an answer.

“I would like to fetch Thierry Henry back to England,” Keegan continued. “He’s the best player I’ve seen in the Premiership. When you’re pitch-side, what I’ve seen him do to good players has been incredible. Sometimes you can take advantage of a situation and get what I call lucky.”

Guest rebel_yell12

Didn't Wenger not go in for Owen because Henry didn't want to play alongside him?

I heard a variation on this theme (from Arsenal fans) that Wenger didn't go in for Owen because Henry can't/won't tolerate competition for places or not being the "hero" upfront (he even had a massive falling out with Zidane over this issue, I've heard).  Essentially what I heard was that Wenger was interested (in 2005) but there would be a problem with Henry if another similar striker was brought in. 

Personally, would rather keep Owen at Newcastle.  For one reason, it would allow him to "earn" his transfer fee, thus eliminating some of the 'black eye' for both club and player caused by his...less than stellar return thus far.  For another reason, I've heard a lot of things said about Michael Owen, but I've never heard of him having the sort of strops and 'throw the toys out the pram' moments as I've heard about Henry.  Also, Owen's found something of a niche at Newcastle, and I think he could settle in well -- I'm less confident of Henry.  Finally, I don't think Henry would tolerate the competition with/adjustment to Martins very well and Newcastle could end up losing BOTH Owen and Martins to an Henry deal.  Not worth it, imo.  Simply not worth it.  Besides, it's the midfield and defence that need strengthening (although the defence primarily needs deputies). 

I would like to fetch Thierry Henry back to England, Keegan continued. Hes the best player Ive seen in the Premiership. When youre pitch-side, what Ive seen him do to good players has been incredible. Sometimes you can take advantage of a situation and get what I call lucky.

Keegan does worry me. Is he talking about Henry as he is now, or Henry as he was 2 years ago, when he last watched football on a regular basis?

Didn't Wenger not go in for Owen because Henry didn't want to play alongside him?

I heard a variation on this theme (from Arsenal fans) that Wenger didn't go in for Owen because Henry can't/won't tolerate competition for places or not being the "hero" upfront (he even had a massive falling out with Zidane over this issue, I've heard).  Essentially what I heard was that Wenger was interested (in 2005) but there would be a problem with Henry if another similar striker was brought in. 

I suspect Wenger didn't go for Owen for the same reason as the other big four managers - better options available.

Guest rebel_yell12

Right then, who DID Wenger bring in that summer?  No one to challenge Henry, which was my point.  If he can't tolerate competition, Henry won't mix well with either Owen or Martins. Are Newcastle fans willing to lose both (Martins esp is only 23) in favor of an aging Thierry Henry?

I suspect Wenger didn't go for Owen for the same reason as the other big four managers - better options available.

• 1 year later...

:lol:

Cleaners in Ireland have decided their Henry vacuum cleaners really suck - after Thierry Henry's handball ended the nation's World Cup dream. Angry workers can't bear to look at the smiley-faced machines. Some have painted out the word "Henry" while others have daubed over its cheerful face.

A worker at an Irish government building in Dublin said last night: "Several cleaners say they're unhappy working with vacuum cleaners with the cheat's name written on them.

"It's bizarre because the machines have nothing whatsoever to do with Thierry Henry.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2741496/Irish-snub-Henry-vacuum-cleaners.html#ixzz0XfwmmrR2