Edgar or Taylor?

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't see how you can judge until Edgar has had a run in the first team like Taylor has. And everyone knows my opinions on Taylor.

Edgar looked a bit shaky at times on Saturday like, but with someone with his experience, it's to be expected, he seemed to gain in confidence as the game went on though.

Edgar.

We're 95% safe from the drop, give the lad a run. Taylor has had enough chances this season and disappointed a little bit.

I'd also like to see Carroll given a bigger role towards the end of the season.

Guest Stephen927

Steven Taylor.

Keep a settled back four, Edgar came in, looked a bit shaky but did ok. Taylor has more chance of being an active part of our back four next season, whereas I can't see Edgar being close to a first team regular.

I'd give Edgar a run until the end of the year. We know what Taylor can/can't do, let's find out about Edgar. If he looks the business, great - might save us some summer pennies. If he looks rough but promising, good - send him out on loan next year. If he flops badly, bring Taylor back.

Guest justin99.

taylors progress seems to have stagnated,

I like to see, given a few games, how edgar would go

Guest Jawesome

Although both have whinged in the past, I would try Edgar.  It can't do the lad any harm to get a run of 5 or 6 games, and it might make Taylor realise that he isn't all he's cracked up to be.

I can't see Edgar being close to a first team regular.

That's my point. 2 starts and about 3 or 4 injury time sub appearances. Not enough to judge him properly, is it?

Needs 3 or 4 more starts this season, then to be sent on loan next year, preferably to a Championship team or even lower-half Premiership team.

Guest GAMMELL

Don't really give a f*ck as long as we pick up a decent result down at pompey.

Actually, start Diatta, he looked the bollix for 8 minutes or so against Reading at the weekend  :pow:

I know alot of people don't rate Taylor but i do.

I'm a firm believer in the defender is only as good as the rest of his team and lets face it, we've been shite up until recently. Someone like Faye has enough experiance and physical ability to stand out in a shite defence but Taylor has no chance. He's young and put pressure on him (like most youngsters) and he will fold like a pack of cards.

However, put him in a team playing well and not having to defend as much and you will see a mush more composed and confident footballer. But surely that's just disguising his real ability, i hear you cry? No it's not, i'd like to see how many goals Vidic and Ferdiand would have conceeded in our pre Birmingham era, the answer is loads.

My proposal is keep Taylor in the side when we are playing well and he can learn from the others around him, gain more experiance and become the player that his potential says he can. Edgars one for the future but if we can't rely on Taylor we certainly can't rely on Edgar at this stage of his career. We need to buy one more solid centre half to play alongside Faye next year, let Taylor be first back up and send Edgar out on loan.

Guest GAMMELL

How's Paul Huntington doing at Leeds btw?

Think he's mostly on the bench at Elland rd. to be honest