Deco or Bentley

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It isn't just a straight-out poll because that'd give an uninteresting answer, so here are the conditions...

1. Both signed for £15m.

2. Deco will be paid £100k/week for 3 years.

3. Bentley will be paid £50k/week for 5 years.

I think (and hope) that this might be an interesting poll.

I'm not sure either one is realistic, and i think the prices are a tad higher than they will actually be when the players move. But for me it would be Deco, despite him not being a regular for Barca this season he is still better than Bentley. And because of Deco's intelligence i see him as the type of player that could go on at the top level(or atleast at a club like ours) until 35 or so.

Guest LucaAltieri

And the award for most surreal thread of the year goes to…

Alright, I’ll play along.

Deco.

He’s a good player first and foremost. However equally important is that he’s a big name. Signing Deco might allow us to punch above our weight (again) in the transfer market. Signing Bentley wouldn’t.

Guest Sniffer

31 year old foreigner with no experience in the premier league who'd like a fat contract to finish off his days. Given the obligatory year to settle in, if he ever did, and you have a 32 yearold with no pace who'd be the latest in a long line of expensive imports offering very little ROI.

Or a rising star.

Difficult fucking choice.

Decos proved himself at the highest level Bentley hasnt of yet but I think we would have a better chance of getting Bentley than Deco

Ignore the better chance stuff (which is debatable anyway). Just pretend that Deco's sitting in one room, Bentley in another and both have said yes to the respective terms offered. We're paying £15m and you can only pick one.

Deco plays in an impact position, Bentley doesn't. Deco offers us extra revenue, and he'll also be a big name that can attract other quality players. Bentley's not that.

If Bentley continues to develop, there's quite a massive chance that he'll never get to the level that Deco was or, in my opinion, is at.

Signing Deco will help push us over the top; he'll be the difference when we play Villa, Spurs, Everton, City and Portsmouth. Can Bentley do the same? And consistently?

Consider the impact that Elano had for City at the beginning of this season. Deco's a cut above him.

Guest Sniffer

Deco plays in an impact position, Bentley doesn't. Deco offers us extra revenue, and he'll also be a big name that can attract other quality players. Bentley's not that.

If Bentley continues to develop, there's quite a massive chance that he'll never get to the level that Deco was or, in my opinion, is at.

Signing Deco will help push us over the top; he'll be the difference when we play Villa, Spurs, Everton, City and Portsmouth. Can Bentley do the same? And consistently?

Consider the impact that Elano had for City at the beginning of this season. Deco's a cut above him.

There's also quite a massive chance that deco wouldn't be able to handle the pace, physical aspects of the game and hail, rain and snow here. Apart from being too old.

31 year old foreigner with no experience in the premier league who'd like a fat contract to finish off his days. Given the obligatory year to settle in, if he ever did, and you have a 32 yearold with no pace who'd be the latest in a long line of expensive imports offering very little ROI.

Or a rising star.

Difficult fucking choice.

Agree 1,000,000 %

Guest shearer_united

Bentley, because of two things: i love the Bentley Cars and secondly, Bentley shows promise in his play.

And Anyway, Based on what I've heard, Deco's current wage is 130k per month.

So that leaves me with two questions:

(1) Why would he come to a club that in the near future will not be challenging for silverware in Europe?

(2) Why would he want to come to us (especially) and to be paid 30k less that what he currently makes?