Deco or Bentley

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest JamesD

Because its a hypothetical poll with limitations. Other wise, its not like they even play the same position...

Tough choice.

I don't think Bentley will ever be the same class of player Deco was a couple of years back, but he figures to give us more over a longer period of time. We're at least 2 or 3 years away from being able to really challenge the big boys, unless we go on a Chelsea-esque spending spree. So I think I'd rather get Bentley and hopefully have a player who is peaking at a time when we as a team are ready to compete.

Deco's not been great this season when I've watched him either, it must be said, by his own high standards at least. I'd take a 28 year-old Deco every day of the week, but now I'm not sure.

How about we just sign Iniesta instead eh, fucking phenomenal player. No chance Barca would sell sadly.

pretty sure Deco can buy out the last two years of his contract in the summer so would cost £6-7m.

i don't think the comparison between ashley young and figo, rivaldo etc is that good, as they are wingers who need pace and tend to fade sooner. Deco on the other hand is a central midfield playmaker, so it is more like asking would they rather sign Young, or a 30 yr old Zidane, Rui Costa or Nedved, players with 3 more years of top class performances left in them.

lke Baggio says, let's buy both. if we have the chance to get just one we should go for it, we're hardly in the best bargaining position or are the most attractive proposition.

Tough choice.

I don't think Bentley will ever be the same class of player Deco was a couple of years back, but he figures to give us more over a longer period of time. We're at least 2 or 3 years away from being able to really challenge the big boys, unless we go on a Chelsea-esque spending spree. So I think I'd rather get Bentley and hopefully have a player who is peaking at a time when we as a team are ready to compete.

Deco's not been great this season when I've watched him either, it must be said, by his own high standards at least. I'd take a 28 year-old Deco every day of the week, but now I'm not sure.

How about we just sign Iniesta instead eh, fucking phenomenal player. No chance Barca would sell sadly.

I've been slated several times from both my mates and people online for saying time after time I'd much rather have Iniesta in my team than Fabregas, it's just my personal opinion, I know he's got a few years on Cesc, but I think he's phenomenal.

Guest Sniffer

Fabregas has shown himself to be an excellent player where it matters.

I have no idea what iniesta would be like in the premier league. Maybe as much good as marcelhino, who knows?

I have no idea what iniesta would be like in the premier league. Maybe as much good as marcelhino, who knows?

Hasn't Iniesta like?

Hasn't Iniesta like?

I think he means in the PL.

pretty sure Deco can buy out the last two years of his contract in the summer so would cost £6-7m.

i don't think the comparison between ashley young and figo, rivaldo etc is that good, as they are wingers who need pace and tend to fade sooner. Deco on the other hand is a central midfield playmaker, so it is more like asking would they rather sign Young, or a 30 yr old Zidane, Rui Costa or Nedved, players with 3 more years of top class performances left in them.

lke Baggio says, let's buy both. if we have the chance to get just one we should go for it, we're hardly in the best bargaining position or are the most attractive proposition.

Very true.

Tough choice.

I've been slated several times from both my mates and people online for saying time after time I'd much rather have Iniesta in my team than Fabregas, it's just my personal opinion, I know he's got a few years on Cesc, but I think he's phenomenal.

Iniesta is a better dribbler but he has suffered a bit from being shunted around in so many positions. before this season he was better presenting a goal threat and Fabregas was better at dictating the play. But now Fabregas is scoring more than Iniesta ever has (13 in 38 in league + champion's league as opposed to 4 in 38 in same for iniesta) you have to say Fabregas is the better player.

Guest Stephen927

The thing that puts me off signing Deco is the £15m price tag and £100kp/w wages.

If we were to sign Bentley, we'd still need the quality attacking midfielder to take us upto the next level.

For what Deco could do for us, if he adapted to the Premiership, he could have the quality to take our game to the next level, while laying many goals on a plate for Micky and Oba.

Deco is certainly a bigger risk than Bentley, but if he adapted well, he would be the player who would really spur us on.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

I couldn't care less about the spanish league.

You should do tbh. Loads of bargains to be had in the league and excellent players in most of the teams.

As for Iniesta, I would say he is one of the best cms in the world. Fabregas is good but Iniesta pisses all over him.

Tough choice.

Iniesta is much better than Fabregas.

To come back on topic, I'd be delighted with either player really. Both would be a major statement of intent in different ways. Not convinced we'd be able to attract either, but if Keegan wants them I'd be disappointed if we don't at least try.

Guest Sniffer

If keegan has say, 30mill to spend I'm not sure I'd want half of it to go on a 31 year old player.

If keegan has say, 30mill to spend I'm not sure I'd want half of it to go on a 31 year old player.

Fomr the noises being made he will have as much as he needs so if Deco cost £15m and he still wanted another 3 top class players I'm sure funds would be there.