Metzelder & Boussouffa

steve_69

More Silly season rumours from tribalfootball:

Anderlecht winger Mbarek Boussoufa is attracting Premiership interest.

The Daily Mail says Newcastle United are keeping tabs on Boussoufa leading up to the summer market.

&

Newcastle United are following Real Madrid defender Christoph Metzelder.

Real have already received an approach from Newcastle about the Germany international's availability.

I probably shouldn't even waste my time commenting on them but......Melzelder & Faye at CB would be awesome!

Fuck me if it's like this now with threads about Henry, Ronaldinho, Deco etc what is it going to be like when the window opens. :lol:

:(

Fortunately the insanity levels have already peaked. It's early this year.

Guest shaun11177

We have been linked to how many players? and there is still 5 months before the transfer window shuts.

Methinks number of players linked to us may pass 3 figures by then.

Guest elpapi

boussoufa is a little tricky player, but he'll get kicked all over the place by EPL defenders... came from Ajax, went to AA Gent (subtop in Belgium) and now at Anderlecht. Never performed when they played in Europe so EPL is too much for him I'm afraid

The Jorman press agencies say that the Metzelder story is stemming from various newspapers in Spain and Italy. I haven't checked this so far.

Metzelder is indeed very injury prone or maybe more unlucky. He overcame a career threatening injury and although he never got back to the form he probably had in 2002 he looked like becoming decent player again. Depending on the fee and his wage demands and some better luck with his injuries he could be a very good signing. He's intelligent and very professional. Players like Taylor could learn a lot from him.

f*** me if it's like this now with threads about Henry, Ronaldinho, Deco etc what is it going to be like when the window opens. :lol:

:(

Fortunately the insanity levels have already peaked. It's early this year.

unfortunatly i think this is nowhere near the peak.

If the club is smart it'll have most of its transfer deals locked up before the window even opens.

That would make a change from the Freddy Shepherd school of transfers where you save money on wages but pay an inflated transfer fee by not buying anyone until transfer deadline day

If the club is smart it'll have most of its transfer deals locked up before the window even opens.

That would make a change from the Freddy Shepherd school of transfers where you save money on wages but pay an inflated transfer fee by not buying anyone until transfer deadline day

That and the inflation of players playing in the championships this summer.

I think it was Miguel we were chasing 4 years ago who's price rocketed after a the Euro's and ended up having an asking price of £8m when I think going on reports we where going to offer no more than £4m.

I think it was Miguel we were chasing 4 years ago who's price rocketed after a the Euro's and ended up having an asking price of £8m when I think going on reports we where going to offer no more than £4m.

And if you sign a player pre-Euros for £4m and they do shit? What then? They would have cost less after the tournament.

And if you sign a player pre-Euros for £4m and they do shit? What then? They would have cost less after the tournament.

Presumably you're hoping to sign a player of enough quality that you can expect them to enjoy a good tournament.

From http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3746634.ece

They have also expressed an interest in Mbark Boussoufa, the Morocco striker, although Anderlecht, his Belgian club, are not resigned to losing the 23-year-old. Kia, the Korean car firm who sponsor the Belgium team, have offered to fund a portion of Boussoufa's wages in order to keep him in the country.

“I know the size of the contract Newcastle will offer Boussoufa,” Benoît Morenne, the Kia managing director, said. “The difference between it and what he earns at Anderlecht is not insurmountable. We want to make him one of our ambassadors. It is the only way to keep players of his quality in Belgium. Newcastle want an answer from Boussoufa by the end of the week, so there is no time to lose.”