Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proposal for the following, as I'm getting annoyed by the rumours already and it's not even the end of the season yet. Add in Keegan and the prospect of Ashley splashing the cash and it'll be all-out bullshit for months.

The plan would be this:

• A separate forum for all rumours and shit, like the awards one we had. It would be opened for business shortly.
  • Any rumours could be posted, but the regular merging etc rules apply. Thread titles could be updated as normal.
  • One or two threads for other clubs' summer transfer rumours would be alright.
  • When a move is fully completed, the rumour thread(s) would be closed and a proper thread made in the NUFC forum to allow discussion. The means people who can't be arsed with rumours get to see actual transfers and can discuss them without trawling through pages of 'links' and updates. Same with any other clubs' actual moves of note.
  • The forum would be binned at the end of the transfer window.

Simple question to take into account all of the above; do you want it?

Disclamer - we might do this anyway. I'm only asking to be nice.

No.

Simply because there is nothing really else going on in the summer.

Transfers take over, there's nothing wrong with that imo, just as games take priority on the day, so what? Its part and parcel of a season and should be part of the main footie forum imo.

Nah, I wouldn't bother. It was like when we had the "General Football" thing. I didn't post in that because I can't be arsed flicking from section to section. Would a rumours sticky not be enough? Then everyday or so one of us could just change the title to say who'd been linked that day and it could just flow.

There definitely shouldn't be a general football.

A rumours section will just help people filter out what they want to and dont want to read.

Otherwise good threads get hidden by Harry-Norway's pleas that we sign BREDE HANGELANDELAND from Fulham why not as they are relegated?????!!!!!!??????!!!!!

It was like when we had the "General Football" thing.

Exactly. Would be an annoying compartmentalisation.

That is better than one massive clogged up pile of s*** though.

If people don't want to talk about the rumours or whatever, they'll just drift down the pages anyway never to be seen again. Part of the fun in the summer on here, imo, is the daft rumours. When there's no football on, there's nowt better than sitting trawling through the tabloid websites when you've just got in late from work or even out drinking, and being linked with Raul, Ronaldinho, and then getting people saying they're past it, not good enough, wouldn't come in a million years, etc. Would take a lot of the enjoyment out of the forum for the summer for me anyway.

If people don't want to talk about the rumours or whatever, they'll just drift down the pages anyway never to be seen again. Part of the fun in the summer on here, imo, is the daft rumours. When there's no football on, there's nowt better than sitting trawling through the tabloid websites when you've just got in late from work or even out drinking, and being linked with Raul, Ronaldinho, and then getting people saying they're past it, not good enough, wouldn't come in a million years, etc. Would take a lot of the enjoyment out of the forum for the summer for me anyway.

But think, you could have a whole section devoted to just that, fun fun fun. ;)

You can still read that, it'll just be in another forum where the people who want to go wild about it can.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

pissed me off no end last time we had one, i have this page bookmarked and opens when i type ne, i dont wanna have to change that

pissed me off no end last time we had one, i have this page bookmarked and opens when i type ne, i dont wanna have to change that

Can't see why it'd bother you like.

As I see it a transfer forum won't prevent rumours and endless speculation, it will encourage it, but in a way that isn't going to affect a core group of users.

As I see it a transfer forum won't prevent rumours and endless speculation, it will encourage it, but in a way that isn't going to affect a core group of users.

That's the problem though, people will just go silly in that forum as they'll see it as an excuse to post crap even more, and it'll end up like Tyne-Talk or some other crappy site.