Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perhaps putting something like this in a sticky could help?:

Transfer Speculation/Debate

The Completed Summer Transfers Thread’08

Realistic Summer Targets

Other Clubs’ Summer Targets

Edgar Davids

Amara Diane

Richard Dunne

Bafetimbi Gomis

Louis Saha

Mauro Zarate

Current Players/Staff

Habib Beye

Steve Harper

Charles N’Zogbia

Michael Owen

Alan Smith

The Board

Other Teams

Other

When they're all about football, I don't see why they can't all go in the 'Football' forum? Or have I misunderstood? ???

Over-complicating things imo.

Basically a way of helping people find what they are looking for, hopefully some topics being split between several threads. Less regular users would also be able to find and follow the better threads rather than have to use the search function which isn't great if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

I think it would only be fair to go with the majority otherwise it would have been completely pointless asking.

Token gesture. Give me 5 mins to rig the voting.

I think it would only be fair to go with the majority otherwise it would have been completely pointless asking.

That's pretty much my line of thinking tbh.

However...

I'm coming around to the idea that there won't be much discussion going on outside a transfer forum. Transfers are the only subject, really. So why split it out?

Mixing up a few different ideas from several people, my proposal is this:

• Rumours get their own thread, with significant title editing going on to update the situation. EG: 'Rumour: I saw Kaka eating in Greggs'. Any Kaka stuff (new or old) would be merged into there, and if new developments occur, it goes into the title. Like the match threads. The 'rumour' bit would be changed to 'talks', or 'completed'. So that example would change to 'Talks: Kaka confirms NUFC interest - from page 19', then 'Talks: Mort confirms Kaka bid - from page 137', then 'Completed: Kaka joins Newcastle United'.
  • When a deal becomes permanent, the original thread is locked, and a new thread started with confirmation of the fee/contract, and any statement from the club in the OP. This allows detailed discussion of the transfer without having to be in a fucking massive old thread.
  • A stickied thread (to replace the one there now) with links as James suggests, but only to confirmed deals. Similar to the 'currently happening' sticky I did last year.
  • The same can happen for outgoing rumours/talks/deals.
  • Suggestion threads stay separate, and untouched.
  • Non-transfer threads stay separate, and untouched.

Thoughts?

Aye man, it's what Jesus would do.

If people don't want to read the threads, then they won't... or they will, and they'll post to tell us that they didn't want to read them.

That's pretty much my line of thinking tbh.

However...

I'm coming around to the idea that there won't be much discussion going on outside a transfer forum. Transfers are the only subject, really. So why split it out?

Mixing up a few different ideas from several people, my proposal is this:

• Rumours get their own thread, with significant title editing going on to update the situation. EG: 'Rumour: I saw Kaka eating in Greggs'. Any Kaka stuff (new or old) would be merged into there, and if new developments occur, it goes into the title. Like the match threads. The 'rumour' bit would be changed to 'talks', or 'completed'. So that example would change to 'Talks: Kaka confirms NUFC interest - from page 19', then 'Talks: Mort confirms Kaka bid - from page 137', then 'Completed: Kaka joins Newcastle United'.
  • When a deal becomes permanent, the original thread is locked, and a new thread started with confirmation of the fee/contract, and any statement from the club in the OP. This allows detailed discussion of the transfer without having to be in a fucking massive old thread.
  • A stickied thread (to replace the one there now) with links as James suggests, but only to confirmed deals. Similar to the 'currently happening' sticky I did last year.
  • The same can happen for outgoing rumours/talks/deals.
  • Suggestion threads stay separate, and untouched.
  • Non-transfer threads stay separate, and untouched.

Thoughts?

Looks familiar... :shifty:

Just delete the thread and ban anyone who asks what happened to the idea. Would probably be easier.

End of next season I would go for the 2 yes options, it worked last time ;)

That's pretty much what I feel. There's nowt else to talk about other than transfers and transfer rumours, so seperating the transfer stuff out seems foolish to me. This forum would be like some kind of ghost town if that happened with threads taking about a month to disappear off the first page.

Either way, there's always going to be some idiots (Deep, Hindu) who decide to create new threads because they found a trible article on newsnow.

We merge the threads, easy.

Or we take away their thread-starting capability. ;)

Either way, there's always going to be some idiots (Deep, Hindu) who decide to create new threads because they found a trible article on newsnow.

We merge the threads, easy.

Or we take away their thread-starting capability. ;)

The latter :)

Am I the only one amused by Enrique having the gall to call other people idiots? :lol:

i'm still working on the "deep hindu" bit. maybe when i've conquered that i'll find the rest funny.

Am I the only one amused by Enrique having the gall to call other people idiots? :lol:

i'm still working on the "deep hindu" bit. maybe when i've conquered that i'll find the rest funny.

Maybe when you realise capital letters come after full stops you will :)