Talks: Summer transfer forum proposal - from page 7

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just create a weekly rumour thread like you do for matchday, then it gets to tail off or closed at the end of each week.

All rumours go in and when something actually happens, something official, start a new thread for that deal.

But rumours don't end after ninety minutes, or even a week. If they're all mixed in with each other then it becomes really tedious keeping up with developments in the one particular rumour that you're interested in. Time seems to be just about the worst thing to organise them with, to me anyway.

If that rumour develops in any sort of way then surely it will stay at the forefront of the rumour thread??

Exactly.

Rumours are rumours, they stay in the rumour thread that week and any developments or updates go into which ever week it is.

If it comes something serious a new thread is made for that actual transfer.

It doesn't seem that difficult to me to maintain, i'm sure James would love to deal with it no probs.

Eh? ???

So you're saying that we should just have one huge rumour thread?

Well if you are, then you lads must have a lot more time on your hands than I do, if you're happy to wade your way through page after page of random rumours on the off chance that there's been some movement on the on particular rumour that you actually think/want to happen.

Also, I don't see how this thread can tail off at the end of each week. The only way would be for one of us to arbitrarily lock it and cut off any conversations in their prime only to open the next week's version of the exact same thread. What exactly would be the point of that!?!

Not only that, but you seem to be proposing that some poor fucker has to read every single post and sift out the tiny flakes of actual information from amongst the gallons of steaming effluent and put them in a separate thread, which will then somehow remain effluent free - Is no-one allowed to post in it then? - I doubt even James would want to do something as mind-numbing as that, I'm certainly not doing it, reading a thread like that sounds like more work than I prepared to do already!!

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here - I kinda think I must have because it looks like a total nightmare to me - if I have please explain it too me because I obviously don't get it at all. :dontknow:

Guest Stephen927

The main football forum will be quiet anyway during the summer won't it?

Might as well shut it if we're having a transfer forum.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

See how it goes in the summer, I reckon the transfer rumours will be what keeps the footy forum alive. No harm in just having them there.

Too right indi, I've got waay to many interesting projects ongoing this summer to be trawling through an unmanageable rumours thread.

Sticking to one thread would stop people making interesting posts regarding transfers, as more likely than not it would end up in that thread where the sun don't shine, no-one will read, and almost no-one will bother to reply.

Too right indi, I've got waay to many interesting projects ongoing this summer to be trawling through an unmanageable rumours thread.

Sticking to one thread would stop people making interesting posts regarding transfers, as more likely than not it would end up in that thread where the sun don't shine, no-one will read, and almost no-one will bother to reply.

Liar.

O0

Sounds like a good idea, I'm sick of reading threads saying we're signing Henry, Deco, Ronaldinho and players of that ilk.

Sick? You've only been here two minutes!   :lol:

Doesn't take a lot to make me sick.  :pow:

Also, I'll now use this opportunity my avatar is not a bloke being sick, they are having a curry fight.  :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good idea, I'm sick of reading threads saying we're signing Henry, Deco, Ronaldinho and players of that ilk.

Sick? You've only been here two minutes!  :lol:

Also, I'll now use this opportunity my avatar is not a bloke being sick, they are having a curry fight.  :rolleyes:

I know, i think i asked you when you first joined!

Does make you have another take though, every fuking time!  :laugh:

Sick? You've only been here two minutes!   :lol:

I know, i think i asked you when you first joined!

Does make you have another take though, every fuking time!  :laugh:

Yeah, yesterday I used the phrase "it makes me vomit when..." and someone retorted "not as much as your f****** avatar". :lol:

I'm just setting the record straight.  :angel:

Just create a weekly rumour thread like you do for matchday, then it gets to tail off or closed at the end of each week.

All rumours go in and when something actually happens, something official, start a new thread for that deal.

But rumours don't end after ninety minutes, or even a week. If they're all mixed in with each other then it becomes really tedious keeping up with developments in the one particular rumour that you're interested in. Time seems to be just about the worst thing to organise them with, to me anyway.

If that rumour develops in any sort of way then surely it will stay at the forefront of the rumour thread??

Exactly.

Rumours are rumours, they stay in the rumour thread that week and any developments or updates go into which ever week it is.

It doesn't seem that difficult to me to maintain, i'm sure James would love to deal with it no probs.

Eh? ???

Well if you are, then you lads must have a lot more time on your hands than I do, if you're happy to wade your way through page after page of random rumours on the off chance that there's been some movement on the on particular rumour that you actually think/want to happen.

Also, I don't see how this thread can tail off at the end of each week. The only way would be for one of us to arbitrarily lock it and cut off any conversations in their prime only to open the next week's version of the exact same thread. What exactly would be the point of that!?!

Not only that, but you seem to be proposing that some poor fucker has to read every single post and sift out the tiny flakes of actual information from amongst the gallons of steaming effluent and put them in a separate thread, which will then somehow remain effluent free - Is no-one allowed to post in it then? - I doubt even James would want to do something as mind-numbing as that, I'm certainly not doing it, reading a thread like that sounds like more work than I prepared to do already!!

Forgive me if I've got the wrong end of the stick here - I kinda think I must have because it looks like a total nightmare to me - if I have please explain it too me because I obviously don't get it at all. :dontknow:

What aspect of a rumour would you be interested in that doesnt develop beyond the first few pages?

Cant see why having a seperate forum full of rumour threads would be any different to having one in this one, i mean rumours that dont develop on the main forum usually fall to the bottom or are turned into a different topic.

Please god no !!!! I haven't read all the other posts so it's probably been said already but what the hell would be left in the Football forum, endless threads on 4-3-3 or which WAG would you most like to.... ??

Honestly the fun of the summer is the wild and wacky transfer rumours, the football forum will become about as interesting as compilation of Alan Shearer MOTD punditory.

Moving that stuff off to another area could have a significant impact on the forum too, something that might be difficult for the forum to overcome. People who are unaware of this may come to the forum looking for the latest news on who we've been linked with only to be disapointed when the place they look for it doesn't have any, they'll go off some other place to get their fix and probably not return.

Guest Jungle Barry

As has been said it's a bit pointless due to the general football forum being quiet over the summer. Leave it as it is for me like

Please god no !!!! I haven't read all the other posts so it's probably been said already but what the hell would be left in the Football forum, endless threads on 4-3-3 or which WAG would you most like to.... ??

Honestly the fun of the summer is the wild and wacky transfer rumours, the football forum will become about as interesting as compilation of Alan Shearer MOTD punditory.

Moving that stuff off to another area could have a significant impact on the forum too, something that might be difficult for the forum to overcome. People who are unaware of this may come to the forum looking for the latest news on who we've been linked with only to be disapointed when the place they look for it doesn't have any, they'll go off some other place to get their fix and probably not return.

Don't know why you just couldn't click on 'Transfer Section' and find it easier to avoid those threads you mention.

Exactly.

Eh? ???

What aspect of a rumour would you be interested in that doesnt develop beyond the first few pages?

Cant see why having a seperate forum full of rumour threads would be any different to having one in this one, i mean rumours that dont develop on the main forum usually fall to the bottom or are turned into a different topic.

You know the difference between a thread, a board, and a forum, right?

defintaly not, i couldnt be bothered to go between forums, and im pretty sure there is only transfers to talk about in the summer, hardly gunna be team selection speculation or performance ratings getting lost is there cs there wont be any.

Exactly.

Eh? ???

EDIT

In that case ^^

Exactly.

Eh? ???

EDIT

In that case ^^

I assume you're asking me that question again?

Well I probably wouldn't be that interested in a rumour that didn't develop beyond a couple of pages, but if they're all in one mega-thread all mixed together, how am I supposed to tell? Also, if we're going back in time here then, what's your answer to all the other stuff I've mentioned above?