Real Madrid apparently make £100 million bid for Ronaldo

Decky

Ronaldinho did at Barca, Zidane played on the left at Madrid n arl. As Figo used to run it from the right as well at times for Portugal and Madrid.

So it is possible.  :razz:

With regards to mentioning Figo, I just want to give a special mention to Rui Costa. Quality player.

97 shots for his 32 goals this season (not counting penalties)

That's outstanding.

Not bad, I can remember JJ Okocha having about 150 shots for one goal a couple of years ago, if I'm right!

Sounds like Nicky Butt :)

97 shots for his 32 goals this season (not counting penalties)

That's outstanding.

Not bad, I can remember JJ Okocha having about 150 shots for one goal a couple of years ago, if I'm right!

Sounds like Nicky Butt :)

Are you sure you are not confusing with Butt's pass rate mate?

• 8 months later...

Real Madrid have a deal in place to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in the summer but cannot announce it officially, a newspaper in Spain claims a director of the Spanish giants has revealed.

Pedro Trapote is close to Los Merengues' president Ramon Calderon and he let the agreement slip in a conversation that has been transcribed by El Mundo.

After chasing the Portuguese star last summer, Madrid appeared to have ended their quest with Calderon stating that the club would not be trying again because they did not want to make United an enemy.

The furore riled Sir Alex Ferguson and a fresh round of speculation at a crucial stage in the season is bound to see the Scot exasperated.

Claim

El Mundo report that after Madrid's game against Barcelona, Trapote leaked the news in a chat that was recorded and it is unknown if it was meant to be let out into the public domain.

"If you are asking me what we are going to do now then I would tell you that we have already signed the best player for the summer," Trapote is quoted as saying.

"Are you talking about Cristiano?" was the reply.

"The best of the best. It is Cristiano, there is no other. It is better that we do not say anything at the moment though.

"Why can you not say anything. It is the best time because things are going badly and people need something to excite them in the middle of all this.

Trapote replied: "No, it is best to not say anything because there are some clauses that prevent us from announcing it now."

Calderon was concerned about Madrid's deteriorating relationship with Manchester United and it remains to be seen if this has been a deliberate ploy to test the water again or something that could further sour things.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_4658288,00.html?ocid=today

Guest quklaani

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

We're doing terribly, look, shiny fake tansfer news!  Oooooh.

How do the people that run that joke of a club get to keep their jobs, its amazing.

Guest quklaani

A circus then perhaps?

A succesful one yes, but then when you've got virtually unlimited funds and spent the most successful years of your history as the plaything of a facist dictator, how hard is success?