How much for these players at PEAK in modern day money?

Dokko

Inspired by the £100m supposed bid for C. Ronaldo.

Don't forget at PEAK form

Maradona?

Pele?

Romario?

Ronaldo?

Luis Figo?

Zidane?

Lothar Matthäus?

Franz Beckenbauer?

Marco van Basten?

Michel Platini?

Rivaldo?

Paolo Maldini?

Zico?

Ruud Gullit?

Eusébio?

Ferenc Puskás?

Johan Cruyff?

Bobby Charlton?

George Best?

Jürgen Klinsmann?

Kenny Dalglish?

Gabriel Batistuta?

Michael Laudrup?

Hristo Stoichkov?

Frank Rijkaard?

Peter Schmeichel?

Kevin Keegan?

Alan Shearer?

Do as many or as little as you want (or add your own) just thought it would make a nice debate bringing era's together using the thing that's changed the most...money.

Guest guinness_fiend

George Best?

Would not even make it past the scouts, due to his off field activities ;)

If Ronaldo is worth £100m, then Zidane - a playmaker *and* goal scorer - would be worth at least half that again imo.

Guest guinness_fiend

As in one job lot?

ITs pretty safe to say that i'm talking about individual prices like.

Spoil sport! :p

What do you reckon they would all go for?

As in one job lot?

ITs pretty safe to say that i'm talking about individual prices like.

Spoil sport! :p

What do you reckon they would all go for?

More than Manu's worth i'd reckon, at least, we could be talking a cool billion.

Impossible to answer.

Transfer fees have calmed down a bit in the last few seasons too. I remember when Toldo and Buffon both went for about £25m about 5 years ago. Crespo too.

Impossible to answer.

Transfer fees have calmed down a bit in the last few seasons too. I remember when Toldo and Buffon both went for about £25m about 5 years ago. Crespo too.

But were talking right now, in today's money, not 5 years ago money.

keegan 20 million easy

20 mill for a European footballer of the year?

you know there is a worldwide credit crunch,

perhaps i was a wee bit under, tbf keegan was F-King brill for two seasons here, well after his best

Very difficult to say, even if you limit the scope to "just today's money" because clubs will pay dramatically under or over the odds depending on who they are, who they're paying and the circumstances.

E.g clubs will extort Chelsea [hence £24m for Drogba], £16/17m for Bent... because... well, fuck knows why, because he's English?, £100m for Cristiano because Real know that Man Utd are loaded...

There's no way to tell basically.

Don't forget that Keegan was very handsome (and still is, tbf), and could sing as well, making him worth at least twice as much as his footballing skills alone, but he would probably go for £35M since he's such a nice guy.

Very difficult to say, even if you limit the scope to "just today's money" because clubs will pay dramatically under or over the odds depending on who they are, who they're paying and the circumstances.

E.g clubs will extort Chelsea [hence £24m for Drogba], £16/17m for Bent... because... well, f*** knows why, because he's English?, £100m for Cristiano because Real know that Man Utd are loaded...

you dont think Drogba was worth £24m?

they won the title twice with him leading the line, one of those seasons he got more assists than any other prem player. Then last season he hit 34 goals from open play, including the winner in the FA cup final and remains their most influential player

E.g clubs will extort Chelsea [hence £24m for Drogba], £16/17m for Bent... because... well, f*** knows why, because he's English?, £100m for Cristiano because Real know that Man Utd are loaded...

they won the title twice with him leading the line, one of those seasons he got more assists than any other player. Then last season he hit 34 goals from open play, including the winner in the FA cup final and remains their most influential player

He is a fantastic player, but I also believe he has vastly improved during his time at Chelsea. In my opinion, he certainly wasn't worth £24 at the time of purchase. I don't think many would disagree, retrospective bias aside!

they won the title twice with him leading the line, one of those seasons he got more assists than any other player. Then last season he hit 34 goals from open play, including the winner in the FA cup final and remains their most influential player

He is a fantastic player, but I also believe he has vastly improved during his time at Chelsea. In my opinion, he certainly wasn't worth £24 at the time of purchase. I don't think many would disagree, retrospective bias aside!

80% of players are bought with a view to them improving

He is a fantastic player, but I also believe he has vastly improved during his time at Chelsea. In my opinion, he certainly wasn't worth £24m at the time of purchase. I don't think many would disagree, retrospective bias aside!

80% of players are bought with a view to them improving

Peculiar[/random?] percentage you've picked out of the air, there! :razz:

But aye, I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying, and took that into account in my earlier statements.

Don't forget that Keegan was very handsome (and still is, tbf), and could sing as well, making him worth at least twice as much as his footballing skills alone, but he would probably go for £35M since he's such a nice guy.

:shepherd:

:shepherd:

:lol: