Portsmouth 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/04/08 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

I thought that was a definite pen, we were lucky there.  If Defoe and Martins see more of the ball in the second half, there will be goals in this game.

Why do you think it was a pen?

This is the first game I've watched on TV since we've picked up and for me the transformation of the midfield - Butt in particular - is astounding.

I've watched extended highlights, but it's no way near the same. Enrique had a shaky start for me, seems a bit frustrated. Martins started off brightly. I'd say we've been more of a threat but Pompey aren't really being dominated.

3 points is still a possibility at this point.

And he's been pretty s*** by his recent standards.

I'll take your word for that. Very impressed thus far. Last full game I watched was.. Villa I think. That's my measuring stick, hah.

Guest Brendan_Rice

taylor is a fanny, he should stop trying to be a clever dick and start concentrating on defending

He got in the way of Kanu's shot (yea the ball hit his hand but it wasn't intentional) and he nearly scored a Vanbasten-esque overhead.  If he keeps that up  I will be happy enough.

From the BBC:

1808: If you're interested, I don't think that was a penalty for Portsmouth. It definitely hit Steven Taylor's arm but he knew absolutely nothing about it. Would have been very harsh anyway.

I thought that was a definite pen, we were lucky there.  If Defoe and Martins see more of the ball in the second half, there will be goals in this game.

How? It's sprung off his foot and hit him on the hand, never a penalty unless you're Rob Styles.

Well, decent first half. To my mind, we've been a slight bit more threatening, but it's been pretty evenly-matched. Neither side's been able to get a whole lot going in the final 3rd. Taylor's had a few lucky calls (not the handball, though - clear ball-to-hand situation) and Beye's been unusually quiet. Butt and Geremi have both been poorer today than of late. Going to be a harder 2nd half, they're going to try to hit us hard. I think whoever scores first will take this one.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Is it just me or has Viduka been very quiet.  I was starting to question whether he was on the pitch till I seen him walk off for half time.

Not impressed with the performance thus far. We're losing the battle in midfield. Play 4-4-2 and get Duff in.

We're simply not going to beat them in midfield, Diop and Muntari are beasts, and Kranjcar has more quality than our midfielders. We should carry on with what we're doing.

Sir Les has commented that we are stronger in the midfield because owen is playing so deep

Not impressed with the performance thus far. We're losing the battle in midfield. Play 4-4-2 and get Duff in.

We're simply not going to beat them in midfield, Diop and Muntari are beasts, and Kranjcar has more quality than our midfielders. We should carry on with what we're doing.

Sir Les has commented that we are stronger in the midfield because owen is playing so deep

Sir Les should the fuck up, i'm right and he's wrong, he would do well to listen to me.

Sir Les should the fuck up, i'm right and he's wrong, he would do well to listen to me.

:lol:

Sir Les should the f*** up, i'm right and he's wrong, he would do well to listen to me.

:laugh:

Second half underway.

Thanks Dave. No wonder your post count is so low. ;)

Piss off man, there's always someone who asks how long is left. This way they don't have to ask. :razz:

Second half underway.

Thanks Dave. No wonder your post count is so low. ;)

Piss off man, there's always someone who asks how long is left. This way they don't have to ask. :razz:

Abuse.  :angry: