Newcastle v Sunderland - Pre-Match Thread

Beren

Just finishing off my breakfast now (eggy bread & a cup of tea), making the pilgrimage on foot from Gosforth, over the moor via the offy.

Down side is i'm wearing damp underpants as the only dry pair I had were white with a red band around the top.. fuck that.

Howay the Lads!

Just finishing off my breakfast now (eggy bread & a cup of tea), making the pilgrimage on foot from Gosforth, over the moor via the offy.

Down side is i'm wearing damp underpants as the only dry pair I had were white with a red band around the top.. fuck that.

Howay the Lads!

;D buy that man a broon

Newastle United manager Kevin Keegan is leaving his team selection until the last minute before today's Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland, after midfielder Nicky Butt and defender Habib Beye limped out of their final training session

Forget it is from the fkn Daily Mail, someone put it in chat...

Newastle United manager Kevin Keegan is leaving his team selection until the last minute before today's Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland, after midfielder Nicky Butt and defender Habib Beye limped out of their final training session

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Habib :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Habib :(

Will be more Daily Mail bollocks, don't worry..

Please no not Carr back

I'd be more worried about smith in nicky's role, butt (hohoho see what i did there) its most likely bollocks anyway

I can see Faye being put there.

Edgar Cacapa Faye Enrique at the back

That is if the injuries are true.

I'd stick Barton in the middle and put Zoggy in Barton's usual place. Smith will be like a black hole in the center of midfield and we really can't have that in a derby game. Sure, we'll be way more attacking and the midfield won't offer as much protection to the back four as it's done recently, but it'll be a better bet than sticking Smith in there.

Please no not Carr back

I'd be more worried about smith in nicky's role, butt (hohoho see what i did there) its most likely bollocks anyway

Cacapa's done for the season (iirc) so that's a no-go.

Please no not Carr back

Cacapa's injured, and I assume you mean Taylor rather than Faye twice?

I think personally we could get away with having Carr as our weak link, but not Smith.

Please no not Carr back

Cacapa's done for the season (iirc) so that's a no-go.

Shit yeah.

Actually Zog in MLC, Barton DM and Edgar RB. Good call Aspith.

I'd stick Barton in the middle and put Zoggy in Barton's usual place. Smith will be like a black hole in the center of midfield and we really can't have that in a derby game. Sure, we'll be way more attacking and the midfield won't offer as much protection to the back four as it's done recently, but it'll be a better bet than sticking Smith in there.

i'd do that too, but i'd bet my kidney if butt's injured smith will definitely be playing.

I think we will play:

Harper

Carr  Taylor    Faye    Enrique

Geremi    Barton    Milner

Owen

Viduka    Martins