You have 1 wish....

Guest Milburnthedog

Guest Milburnthedog

You can go back in time (its harder for wishes to be granted going forward, cos we're Newcastle United see!!)

and you can either add one goal or take one of the oppositions goals away for ANY match you want. The final score will end up with the goal added or removed. The 'goal' can be at any time during the match (if that matters). So which match and why?

For me, I'll be negative and take away Cantona's in the 0-1 defeat back in 96. The match would have ended 0-0 and we'd have kept Man U at arms length. I'm convinced that without that win we'd have become Premership Champions that season.

Guest rosstoon

Would have made sure that Robson was appointed straight after keegan. God knows how good we would be today if this had happened

Poyet's goal in the FA Cup semi. We would have went on to win that game I reckon had he not destroyed our confidence again so soon after the Lee goal. Then we would have beaten Villa in the final no doubt about it.

Would have made sure that Robson was appointed straight after keegan. God knows how good we would be today if this had happened

Have to agree with that, or that Keegan had took over robsons team, was still a cracking team just needed a new lease of life.

You can go back in time (its harder for wishes to be granted going forward, cos we're Newcastle United see!!)

and you can either add one goal or take one of the oppositions goals away for ANY match you want. The final score will end up with the goal added or removed. The 'goal' can be at any time during the match (if that matters). So which match and why?

For me, I'll be negative and take away Cantona's in the 0-1 defeat back in 96. The match would have ended 0-0 and we'd have kept Man U at arms length. I'm convinced that without that win we'd have become Premership Champions that season.

Totally. It was a match where we did enough to win too, let alone lose like we did.

Guest f***thepress

That some players were the same age hence...

Given

Watson

Albert

Moncur

Bez

Waddle

Beardsley

Gazza

Lee

Shearer

Supermac

subs; Pav Ginola Ferdinand Hibbit Beye

absolutely no doubt about this.

The same goal as you have chosen

We wouldn't have just won the title, we were on the brink of having the club, and success, I'd dreamed of

That Sporting defeat will always rankle me. Fucking Souness. We were cruising, then three injuries [and concomitant subs] later and Zog dislocates his shoulder, as I recall! >.<

How about the Gronkjaer goal that put Chelsea in the 2003/2004 Champions League ahead of us and brought them to Abramovich's attention?

Being more selfish, Michael Thomas in '89. Shit goal.

We wouldn't have just won the title, we were on the brink of having the club, and success, I'd dreamed of

I'm going to be slightly pedantic, and add Ferdinand's "goal" i.e. removing Schmeichal's wonder save. We were all fucking over them that game, and I got the feeling that had we got one we would have got a truckload.

Same end result mind.

I'm going to be slightly pedantic, and add Ferdinand's "goal" i.e. removing Schmeichal's wonder save. We were all fucking over them that game, and I got the feeling that had we got one we would have got a truckload.

Same end result mind.

Typical Newcastle that we won 5-0 9 months later when it counted for nothing in the end.

Guest Phil K

Us winning the shootout against Partizan. Things haven't been the same since that game...

Agree 100%

I agree 110% ! ;)

Actually I was trying to trace back to a game when the droop started.

Thats the game.

eric cantona wud never have signed for manure, then we wud have won title, keegan wud have stayed, by now we would have ruled the universe.

or at least maybe had a bit of success

sorry, just read your criteria, banning cantona isnt allowed, so my wish is the same as yours, if we hadnt lost that game we wud have won league.

or weage as fergie says it

eric cantona wud never have signed for manure, then we wud have won title, keegan wud have stayed, by now we would have ruled the universe.

or at least maybe had a bit of success

If we had won the race to sign Schmeical, a large number of trophies would have gone our way. Imagine the 95/96 attacking team with Schmeical in goal.