Worst NUFC manager in last 15 years

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Souness:  what did he leave the club/his successor to work with?  It's been two years, still recovering from his handiwork. 

At least Allardyce brought in some promising talent for Keegan to work with (Beye, Faye, Enrique, even Barton & Viduka are fitting in well).  Who did Souness buy that has been a positive for NUFC?  Please consider that about 5 weeks ago, Souness publicly denied any responsibility for Owen's arrival at the club.  Who's left? 

The difference being a good manager came in after Allardyce who got the best out of those players, Souness was followed by Glenn Roeder who didn't get the best out of anyone.

Who's to say how the likes of Parker, Solano, Luque etc would have done for us under Keegan's management?

That team finished 7th under Roeder. He was an improvement over Souness.

Worst points total in the PL so far for the Toon was under Roeder as well.

Souness:  what did he leave the club/his successor to work with?  It's been two years, still recovering from his handiwork. 

At least Allardyce brought in some promising talent for Keegan to work with (Beye, Faye, Enrique, even Barton & Viduka are fitting in well).  Who did Souness buy that has been a positive for NUFC?  Please consider that about 5 weeks ago, Souness publicly denied any responsibility for Owen's arrival at the club.  Who's left? 

The difference being a good manager came in after Allardyce who got the best out of those players, Souness was followed by Glenn Roeder who didn't get the best out of anyone.

Who's to say how the likes of Parker, Solano, Luque etc would have done for us under Keegan's management?

Which is why our current run of form should lead to happiness rather than hype.

You could have put Homer Simpson in charge after Souness and we'd still have finished 7th. That was just the players starting to perform out of relief.

And when he had the job full time he took us to our worst league points tally in 15 years, that's off topic anyway.

The point is you can't judge Allardyce's signings because of what Keegan has done with them when Souness' signings were working with Roeder long term.

Which is why our current run of form should lead to happiness rather than hype.

I don't know about that but Roeder's track record should have ensure that getting us to 7th, commendable though it was, shouldn't have even seen him considered for the manager's job on a permanent basis. Although I imagine it went something like: "Alan, do you want the job" - "No" - "Glenn! Can I have a word".

How much of that was down to Roeder though? In hindsight (with the whole season we had with him after) that late run might have been mostly the Souey weight off everyone's shoulders.

In terms of how they did in the time they were given...

Allardyce, easily.

I can't think of one single thing he did right, his entire time here.

Beye, Faye, Viduka, Barton?

voted Souness, set us back 5 years as he did with the scum

I think that Barton will be a good signing under Keegan. In retrospect, may be not the best move for Allardyce.

Allardyce signed Enrique as well. Another good one. The only one that looks really poor imo is Smith. But who knows, there's always hope.

Allardyce was terrible, but at least he brought in the likes of Beye, Enrique and Faye (and to a lesser extend Barton and Viduka).  Souness got rid of our best players and the only player he brought in who's ended up being worth anything to us was Owen (who was injured the whole time he was manager anyway).

I think we were generally more clueless as a team with Allardyce here, but we were pretty hopeless with Souness as well.. so just because of the few good players Allardyce signed I'm going to have to vote for Souness as the worst manager of the last 15 years.

Souness was indescribably awful, so I nearly voted for him, but I went for Sam in the end as I've never been in such honest fear of relegation as I was after the state he left us in.

The scary thing is there are so many to choose from.

Hang on a minute, I know he's been better lately but how is signing Barton a good thing all of a sudden?

Next season > fucking class.

Next season = banged up :razz:

Gullit fucked up everywhere he went. At Chelsea, us, Feyenoord and now LA.

But maybe I should have voted Souness because, if memory serves me, the first year under gullit wasn't that bad.

It has to be a toss up between Roeder and Souness, surely there is np question here, Souness destroyed this club, roeder took over had one full season with stupid injuries and just showed what a bad manager he was, but he didnt further destroy the team like Souness.

Souness

Hang on a minute, I know he's been better lately but how is signing Barton a good thing all of a sudden?

Off topic: when do we know if he goes to jail??

But maybe I should have voted Souness because, if memory serves me, the first year under gullit wasn't that bad.

Not that I like the bloke but how did Gullit fuck up at Chelsea exactly?

Off topic: when do we know if he goes to jail??

Trial starts in June I think.

Not that I like the bloke but how did Gullit fuck up at Chelsea exactly?

One of the reasons he got the NUFC job was because he did so well at Chelsea.