Sven to be sacked - BBC Sport

lovejoy

Obviously more to this than meets the eye. No doubt it'll all come out when he walks.

It won't come out if Sven wants his contract paid up.

Do you know something I don't? ;)

Obviously more to this than meets the eye. No doubt it'll all come out when he walks.

Standard procedure. Get your contract paid up, keep your mouth shut.

But if he digs his heels in and forces Shinawatra to sack him, surely he'll get his contract paid and he can say what he wants?  ???

I was reading a Man City forum the other day and some of the fans are starting to turn on Shinawatra, they thought he was great when he was putting the money in last Summer but they've just realised he's a dodgy customer.

mancityfans.net?

I was reading threads about Shinawatra on there this morning. That stuff about "I won't be spending big money this summer, but the summer after I will" sounds very dodgy.

Might of been, it was one of the forums linked in the sticky at the top.

Some people saying the money he spent on transfers last Summer will be paid for over a few years which is why they won't spend much this Summer, does seem strange not to spend much this year after his initial investment but will spend the year after, after all he's the one that employed Sven in the first place.

But if he digs his heels in and forces Shinawatra to sack him, surely he'll get his contract paid and he can say what he wants?  ???

There's usually still clauses in there.

I'm sure Shinawatra's people in  particular would have been well on top of that kind of thing from day one. The whole reason he bought the club was for PR reasons so he won't want some famous football coach slagging him off in the tabloids for being a lunatic.

I'm sure Shinawatra's people in  particular would have been well on top of that kind of thing from day one. The whole reason he bought the club was for PR reasons so he won't want some famous football coach slagging him off in the tabloids for being a lunatic.

mackems.gif

As his bad press goes, being slagged off by Sven for not being very nice isn't that bad

We done the same with Dalglish IIRC as part of his pay off, saying that Shepherd tried to do it to Robson (wanted his book edited) but Robson refused.

That's a fair point and I hadn't considered that tbh.  :thup:

This might get as messy and the farce at Anfield...

That's a fair point and I hadn't considered that tbh.  :thup:

This might get as messy and the farce at Anfield...

To misquote our great leader: "I would love it!!! Just love it!"

It would be pretty fucking funny if after all the shit we got this season, we end on a complete high (pretty much there already like) and the likes of City and Liverpool are all over the shop. :laugh:

It would be pretty f****** funny if after all the s*** we got this season, we end on a complete high (pretty much there already like) and the likes of City and Liverpool are all over the shop. :laugh:

it certainly would.

it will be interesting to see how/if the press jumps on them.

especially that speccy, two faced coward from the NOTW

Guest Knightrider

I don't rate Sven as high as others do, but Man City would be mad to get rid of him, they are hardly likely to attract a better calibre of manager. Madness indeed.

It would be pretty f****** funny if after all the s*** we got this season, we end on a complete high (pretty much there already like) and the likes of City and Liverpool are all over the shop. :laugh:

I don't see what Liverpool and Man City have to worry about considering they don't have owners who sit with the fans, Shinawatra and Hicks are nothing when compared to that, and it's understandable really.

Guest optimistic nit

I don't rate Sven as high as others do, but Man City would be mad to get rid of him, they are hardly likely to attract a better calibre of manager. Madness indeed.

i prefered allardyce in the summer, but sven has been very good for man city, and it'd be a big mistake for them to get rid.

I don't see what Liverpool and Man City have to worry about considering they don't have owners who sit with the fans, Shinawatra and Hicks are nothing when compared to that, and it's understandable really.

Am I the only one who can't decipher that?.. :)  What are you saying here Mick?

Am I the only one who can't decipher that?.. :)  What are you saying here Mick?

Sarcasm, it would seem that Ashley is worse than the other two as far as the media are concerned.

He's going, according to BBC Sport...

Eriksson to be sacked by Man City

By Simon Austin

Sven-Goran Eriksson has been told he will be sacked as Manchester City manager at the end of the season, BBC Sport understands.

City owner Thaksin Shinawatra told Eriksson he was "not the right man for the job" at a meeting on Sunday, a source close to the Swede said.

Eriksson informed the players at training on Monday that he would be dismissed, provoking an angry response.

Shinawatra has been unhappy with City's results since the turn of the year.

Let's get Dunne in, after we've all finished laughing at them.

Be interesting to see who Thaksin's got lined up as a replacement...now, who would you normally look to replace Sven with?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg