Sven to be sacked - BBC Sport

lovejoy

The less obvious bonus in this for us is that if Owen was looking to leave, Sven & City were the most likely destination for next season. Sven going would make that far less likely to happen & his agent can't use it as a threat in contract talks.

Guest chic_charnley

So you are signing Dunne , Richards , Petrov, Elano  , Onohua and Hart from us ?  Blimey

Might buy a season ticket at your place

Will your media treat City the way they treated us after Sam?

I think they probably will. They hated Shinawatra when he first took over anyway.

The difference is though that Sven was Shinawatra's man, he hired him. When Ashley arrived Sam was already here so Mike thought he might as well give Sam have a go and see how it works out, don't really understand why we got so much criticism. Sam was never Mike's man and was taking us to the Championship playing the worst football I've seen Newcaslte play while Sven is actually doing a decent job and is very popular with the fans and players.

Will your media treat City the way they treated us after Sam?

I think they probably will. They hated Shinawatra when he first took over anyway.

Theres no indication that it was the fans that wanted rid of Sven so the media criticism will probably fall only on the mad Thai only, whereas the whole of our club came under criticism as it was clear a majority of  the fans were not happy, as well as obviously the hierarchy.

Be interesting to see if anyone reflects on the appropriateness of the decision to get rid of Allardyce as in retrospect it was clearly the right decision. Some stupid hack may just forget this and contradict themselves.

Guest chic_charnley

No to Hart ?

Fair enough , we'll keep him then .

Outstanding young gk btw , has every chance of being Englands gk in due course if he carries on playing  the way he is.

Theres no indication that it was the fans that wanted rid of Sven so the media criticism will probably fall only on the mad Thai only, whereas the whole of our club came under criticism as it was clear a majority of  the fans were not happy, as well as obviously the hierarchy.

Be interesting to see if anyone reflects on the appropriateness of the decision to get rid of Allardyce as in retrospect it was clearly the right decision. Some stupid hack may just forget this and contradict themselves.

Don't hold your breath waiting for anybody in the media to say they were wrong, they'll just change history and act as if nothing had happened.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Jose to Citeh? ;)

Sections of our lot were also pissing into the wind with such suggestions when Big Same got the boot!

Sad thing with thier current profile, chances are they will be able to get an even better manager in, his advisors wont be looking on these shores like Shepherd so thats where the similarities between us and Man C end after SBR, so the only option really is a world class manager.

The only issue i can see with the next appointment will be the funding - surely Frank wont go back on his word about no investment this summer if a new managr is in charge.

While he probably doesnt deserved to be sacked i also dont think he is good enough to get them in the top 4 so i can see why he wants him out

Surely if he was good enough to get them in the top four (at some point) when they appointed him last year, he is good enough to do so now?

Shinawatra has lost the plot.

Sven is bad and im happy hes out, i will have proved i was right from the first beginning. Hes just a boring coach who runs on confidence. When his team goes bad hes no tactical genius to make it turn, sorry hes a good coach no doubt but wow is he overrated.