Keane joins the Keegan fan club

Leazes1986

Keane is an arsehole of a man who puts on a good act and has had a couple of fortuitious seasons in management. I'm glad he found Wearside.

He has a management style akin to Souness who played with a similar determination and level of success to Keane.

He will ultimately fail as a manager.

Shame he didn't back Keegan when the rest of the country was putting the boot in.

What he has said now is what he said when KK arrived.

Why would he say anything supportive when his clubs biggest rivals are going through a tough time and they were catching them up?

Every manager in the league had a polite soundbite about Keegan when he was appointed. Keane just followed suit.

Defend him if you wish but I think he's a phoney who will get get his comeuppance.

I'm not defending him, i just think its a bit silly to expect a local rivals manager to stick up for the other when fighting for premiership survival.

Keane is an arsehole of a man who puts on a good act and has had a couple of fortuitious seasons in management. I'm glad he found Wearside.

He has a management style akin to Souness who played with a similar determination and level of success to Keane.

Shame he didn't back Keegan when the rest of the country was putting the boot in.

Why would he say anything supportive when his clubs biggest rivals are going through a tough time and they were catching them up?

Every manager in the league had a polite soundbite about Keegan when he was appointed. Keane just followed suit.

Defend him if you wish but I think he's a phoney who will get get his comeuppance.

I'm not defending him, i just think its a bit silly to expect a local rivals manager to stick up for the other when fighting for premiership survival.

It just somehow sounded like you were defending him.  Silly ?  No I neither expect nor want him to stick up for us at any time.

Point is he didn't offer any support to Keegan when he was getting kicked around but now he wants to tell the press how good he is.

He was entitled to be silent then and he should stay silent now.

Phoney, country deserting tw@t. That's Keane.

Talks a lot of sense tbf. Don't hate him but I wouldn't go as far as to say I like the bloke.

Aye, I suppose it's more that I respect him than that I actually like him.  You've got to respect someone who took a fairly average (IMO) amount of natural talent and made himself one of the most influential players in the World on a football pitch through sheer desire and determination.

Guest float one in

It just somehow sounded like you were defending him.  Silly ?  No I neither expect nor want him to stick up for us at any time.

Point is he didn't offer any support to Keegan when he was getting kicked around but now he wants to tell the press how good he is.

To be honest I'd say the reason he's come out with this about Keegan now is probably that we're about to play them. There's always a lot of build up of this match in the press, and some journalist has probably asked him about his opponents and their revival under KK. When Keegan was under pressure Keane had other things to be thinking about - ie the mackems were in just as much danger of going down as us. Its probably nowt more than that imo.

To be honest I'd say the reason he's come out with this about Keegan now is probably that we're about to play them. There's always a lot of build up of this match in the press, and some journalist has probably asked him about his opponents and their revival under KK. When Keegan was under pressure Keane had other things to be thinking about - ie the mackems were in just as much danger of going down as us. Its probably nowt more than that imo.

That's a good answer - but far too calm and rational.

I just hate the phoney, nation betraying pikey rat  - thats all.

i  thought it was the National FA that deserted him and the team.

I.e The world cup preperation was a bit of a joke and a laugh and he wanted to take it seriously, the faclities were substandard as well, result of bean counting Irish FA.

Was out of order with the way he went about things but i think he had a point. Mcarthry was made to look a hero etc, he was the petulant villain.

I see no real reason why he'd lie, he'd been pretty frank throught the rest of his Bio.

I.e The world cup preperation was a bit of a joke and a laugh and he wanted to take it seriously, the faclities were substandard as well, result of bean counting Irish FA.

Was out of order with the way he went about things but i think he had a point. Mcarthry was made to look a hero etc, he was the petulant villain.

I see no real reason why he'd lie, he'd been pretty frank throught the rest of his Bio.

He deserted his country during a world cup.  Any debate should have taken place after the tournament.

He may not be lying, but that in no way excuses betraying your national team at such a crucial time.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Phoney pikey tw@t.

He deserted his country during a world cup.  Any debate should have taken place after the tournament.

He may not be lying, but that in no way excuses betraying your national team at such a crucial time.

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Phoney pikey tw@t.

The worst I'd say about Keane is that he was a bully. He had an urge to dominate and intimidate which is often the flip side of a very competitive nature. Funnily enough, now that he's a manager and genuinely in charge, he's less frustrated and doesn't need to throw his weight around. He looks calmer, and his other qualities are starting to come through.

But I've never seen him as a phoney. At times a twat, yes, but not a phoney.

Guest float one in

:lol: He does have a bit of a pikey air to him like, doesn't he! I could just picture him mooching about in a caravan round the back of blaydon burn in another life!

:lol: He does have a bit of a pikey air to him like, doesn't he! I could just picture him mooching about in a caravan round the back of blaydon burn in another life!

Now you mention it they reckon a lot of garden furniture has gone missing around Wearside in the last couple of years.

Why the hype about this bloke being a top manager.

He's spent £45M and supposedly his best player is a reserve he's got on loan !

Peter Reid and Mick McCarthy put out better teams for a fraction of what he's spent. In fact Malcolm Crosby and Bobby Saxton had teams with more fight in them.

Woeful.

Why the hype about this bloke being a top manager.

He's spent £45M and supposedly his best player is a reserve he's got on loan !

Peter Reid and Mick McCarthy put out better teams for a fraction of what he's spent. In fact Malcolm Crosby and Bobby Saxton had teams with more fight in them.

Woeful.

To be fair, his buys have been fucking atrocious, not that he could of got any better, but his policy seems to reek of Irishmen or ex Man U who arent good neough for Man U.

Really dropped aball with the £30-40m he's spent, but he's seemed to put a side together who are playing with passion and discpline and thats a difficult thing to maintian over the course of a losing season.

If he bought the quality, i dont think they'd be in the position they are in now.

Guest Knightrider

Can he manage the quality though? Can he balance that particular juggling act? I'm not so sure. He'll have to of course if he's to make some use of that lot as they are very poor.

Can he manage the quality though? Can he balance that particular juggling act? I'm not so sure. He'll have to of course if he's to make some use of that lot as they are very poor.

He has very few excuses as his squad have virtually all been bought by him and are playing to his game plans.

How he gets off so lightly in the press and still seems to be idolised by the SMBs is quite strange.

Problem for them is the same as always - how can they attract players better than those they already have ?

If you're a good player you'll have options. If you have options it's unlikely you'd choose Sunderland.

An article written by Eamon Dunphy the ex Irish international. Interesting.

A couple of years back, I had Richard Sadlier as a guest on my TV3 chat show and I was very impressed by him. He had a very promising football career which was cut short by injury but Sadlier pulled himself together and he has made his mark in a number of fields since then. Sadlier has shown promise as a journalist and he did really well to get a scoop of an interview with Clive Clarke a couple of months back. That interview covered Clarke's heart problems and he also mentioned Roy Keane's style of management at Sunderland. Clarke alleged that Keane doesn't talk to players and that, instead, goes around booting chairs and throwing things.

Reward

Sadlier didn't sensationalise Clarke's comments and they were included towards the end of his interview. But Sadlier's reward was a phone call from Keane which shows the Corkman is a bully at heart. Keane hid behind a private number and then proceeded to abuse Sadlier - calling him a "spiteful c**t" before slamming the phone down. That is outrageous behaviour and shows Keane's hypocrisy. It is classic bully-boy tactics - able to dish it out but not able to take it. Keane has never been slow to hit out at various targets - including his Manchester United teammates - but he doesn't like a slice of his own medicine. All Sadlier did was report what Clarke had said yet his reward for doing his job was vulgar abuse from Keane. I really think he's lost the plot and this is further proof Keane isn't cut out for management. After all, he admitted in a recent interview that he didn't turn up at work until the Friday after Wigan beat Sunderland in the FA Cup. How can players have confidence in a manager who hides after a setback like that? The revelations of Keane's outburst at Sadlier come at the same time as reports of him looking for £200m to spend and targeting Ronaldinho. This shows the fantasy world he lives in. Going on the players he bought for the Black Cats, I wouldn't give him a budget of £200.

Keane has taken his club from the bottom of the Championship to what looks like survival in the Premiership in two seasons, so you can't say he's not getting results. Yes, he spent a lot of money, but for reasons that you've already said, it's difficult to attract players to Sunderland. The other two promoted clubs look like going down, and the reality is that the gap between the two divisions is now so large that if you don't spend big, you're in trouble.

A bully and an absentee manager - that was Brian Clough's reputation.

Keane has taken his club from the bottom of the Championship to what looks like survival in the Premiership in two seasons, so you can't say he's not getting results. Yes, he spent a lot of money, but for reasons that you've already said, it's difficult to attract players to Sunderland. The other two promoted clubs look like going down, and the reality is that the gap between the two divisions is now so large that if you don't spend big, you're in trouble.

A bully and an absentee manager - that was Brian Clough's reputation.

Only at the end of his managerial time when alcoholism and depression had set in. His legendary status at Forest meant they made big allowances for him at that time and he did have a couple of European Cups and Championships on his CV.

He wasn't behaving like that a year into his managerial career, in fact around that time he was probably painting and doing odd jobs around Hartlepool's Victoria Ground after taking the day's training session, not behaving like some overpaid spoilt brat prima donna.

A couple of years back, I had Richard Sadlier as a guest on my TV3 chat show and I was very impressed by him. He had a very promising football career which was cut short by injury but Sadlier pulled himself together and he has made his mark in a number of fields since then. Sadlier has shown promise as a journalist and he did really well to get a scoop of an interview with Clive Clarke a couple of months back. That interview covered Clarke's heart problems and he also mentioned Roy Keane's style of management at Sunderland. Clarke alleged that Keane doesn't talk to players and that, instead, goes around booting chairs and throwing things.

Reward

Sadlier didn't sensationalise Clarke's comments and they were included towards the end of his interview. But Sadlier's reward was a phone call from Keane which shows the Corkman is a bully at heart. Keane hid behind a private number and then proceeded to abuse Sadlier - calling him a "spiteful c**t" before slamming the phone down. That is outrageous behaviour and shows Keane's hypocrisy. It is classic bully-boy tactics - able to dish it out but not able to take it. Keane has never been slow to hit out at various targets - including his Manchester United teammates - but he doesn't like a slice of his own medicine. All Sadlier did was report what Clarke had said yet his reward for doing his job was vulgar abuse from Keane. I really think he's lost the plot and this is further proof Keane isn't cut out for management. After all, he admitted in a recent interview that he didn't turn up at work until the Friday after Wigan beat Sunderland in the FA Cup. How can players have confidence in a manager who hides after a setback like that? The revelations of Keane's outburst at Sadlier come at the same time as reports of him looking for £200m to spend and targeting Ronaldinho. This shows the fantasy world he lives in. Going on the players he bought for the Black Cats, I wouldn't give him a budget of £200.

They must have had a fall-out then (big surprise there) as Dunphy normally backs Keane to the absolute hilt.

Reward

They must have had a fall-out then (big surprise there) as Dunphy normally backs Keane to the absolute hilt.

And ghost wrote the infamous autobiography, of course. Interesting to read his new thoughts.

Aye, I knew he was his biographer too. As well as that though he's always had a blind spot regarding Keane's less savoury aspects.