Ledley King

steve_69

People on here don't seem to agree but I think he's a very good player, better than John Terry even (though, that's partly because I don't rate Terry that highly).

He is injured far too much though.  It'd be funny if they sold him and his injuries went away whereas Johnathan Woodgate reverted to type.

People on here don't seem to agree but I think he's a very good player, better than John Terry even (though, that's partly because I don't rate Terry that highly).

He is injured far too much though.  It'd be funny if they sold him and his injuries went away whereas Johnathan Woodgate reverted to type.

I can say with a great deal of confidence that:

a.  Spurs won't sell Ledders.

b.  The injuries won't be going away.

You're right about the comparison with Terry.  Before having any injuries, which started when he was around 20, King was always ahead of Terry in England's younger age group squads.  As Ramos said "When I was with Sevilla my reports showed that King was a very important player.  it is only since I came to Tottenham I realised his true ability."

Guest Stephen927

Shame he's had so many injuries, quality centre back.

I think Ramos will look at his options in the summer. He'll know all about Ledley's injury record, and realise that he's probably going to have to look at bringing in a replacement. I think he'll be at the club next year, however.

Guest kingdawson

It whether or not he'll be fit next season. Nothing at all to do with us selling him to another club.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Good point.  I hadn't taken that into account.

mackems.gif

Sorry, it wasn't worth putting anything else. The smiley did the job :)

Always find it funny that players automatically become shit if you don't like them for some reason (see the Chelsea clearout thread for comments about Ashley Cole for another example)

mackems.gif

I agree with him tbh.

mackems.gif

Sorry, it wasn't worth putting anything else. The smiley did the job :)

Always find it funny that players automatically become s*** if you don't like them for some reason (see the Chelsea clearout thread for comments about Ashley Cole for another example)

Ashley Cole is a good example of someone who I hate but rate as a football player actually.  So, no they don't automatically become shit if I don't like them.

I think John Terry is a defender who "gets stuck in", has reasonably good leadership skills, and is good with his head for set pieces.  When it comes to qualities like positioning, tackling and ability on the ball, he comes up short IMO as compared to someone like Ferdinand, Woodgate, and King for instance. 

[flippant]He always looks like a better player too because he's allowed to use his hands to block shots unlike most other defenders in the league.[/flippant]

Guest Knightrider

For me King is the best all-rounder in his position when fit and on form of all the English centre-backs. He can tackle and defend like Terry and play football like Ferdinand, he's the complete package in that sense and it's a shame he has his injury problems as he's a top notch player and by all accounts a pretty canny bloke too, does a lot in the community for Spurs with kids and their football from what I've heard.

For me King is the best all-rounder in his position when fit and on form of all the English centre-backs. He can tackle and defend like Terry and play football like Ferdinand, he's the complete package in that sense and it's a shame he has his injury problems as he's a top notch player and by all accounts a pretty canny bloke too, does a lot in the community for Spurs with kids and their football from what I've heard.

You heard correctly and more besides. 

Goes to a couple of schools each week, a bit of coaching, anti-bullying chat, don't carry knives, don't do drugs etc.  Levy has told LK there will always be a job for him at WHL, whether he takes one on after he retires remains to be seen.

Goes to a couple of schools each week, a bit of coaching, anti-bullying chat, don't carry knives, don't do drugs etc.  Levy has told LK there will always be a job for him at WHL, whether he takes one on after he retires remains to be seen.

Is he planning to retire any time soon. Chronically fucked knees right?

Is he planning to retire any time soon. Chronically f***** knees right?

He's making another visit with the club doc to Steadman sometime soon to assess exactly what he will and won't be able to do.  I don't think LK is planning on retiring yet and Ramos (the last I heard) was happy if he could be available for the matches that matter.  Looking a bit further forward, I think Spurs want him to have a role within the Academy doing fast track training/coaching to the kids with better than average potential, I know that is one option open.

Arthritis to the knees, I think it's the right one is far worse than the other.  After a match just swells up like a balloon.