Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

The Owen / Martins / Viduka thing is beautiful to watch.  Everyone is terrified of Martins, so even though his end product is frustratingly random, his byproduct is constantly drawing two (and today sometimes three) defenders and leaving acres of room for the others.  When he does that, a quick ball through to Owen or Viduka and the opposition are all over the place.  Lovely :)

Its just beautiful. I hope we stick with this as it is fantastic to watch. The link up play, particulary Duke and MO is top notch. Fuck wingers tbh.

Guest Knightrider

We were poor today in terms of our football, but we still played decent football in spells and those spells were a joy to watch at times, especially the forward combo play between Viduka, Martins and Owen as Open_C alluded to. Btw our lack of tempo from midfield due to the immobility of Butt, Barton and Geremi once again effected us today, like away to Pompey. Had we played with more tempo in there we'd have won even more comfortably than we did. That is the biggest glaring weakness in our side for me at this moment in time.

f*** wingers tbh.

Aye, I was just thinking that as I watched today.  I guess a better team would have torn us to bits when our fullbacks got forward, but even so... I'm not really missing wingers at the minute.

I think the midfield three work fantastically well, all 3 work hard to press the game, push wide to support the fullbacks too. We look solid across all areas, and with MO free to roam we always have a man free. This "propper" 4-3-3 is the sex.

We were poor today in terms of our football, but we still played decent football in spells and those spells were a joy to watch at times, especially the forward combo play between Viduka, Martins and Owen as Open_C alluded to. Btw our lack of tempo from midfield due to the immobility of Butt, Barton and Geremi once again effected us today, like away to Pompey. Had we played with more tempo in there we'd have won even more comfortably than we did. That is the biggest glaring weakness in our side for me at this moment in time.

I agree, and imo you can see with every game where the main improvements could be made in the current set-up. With a couple of the right players the team would be brilliant to watch and a bastard to play against for anyone in the premiership.

50,000 sing "Keano wanks his dog Keano Keano wanks his dog"

woman 1 seat away from me asks  "what are they singing"

The puzzled look on her face when I told her was a fkn picture, then later on there she is on her feet singing her heart out "Keano wanks his dog Keano Keano wanks his dog".

:lol:

Guest Knightrider

I'm the biggest critic of our atmosphere but it was very good today, much better than previous derby matches. Sour grapes from them.

50,000 sing "Keano wanks his dog Keano Keano wanks his dog"

woman 1 seat away from me asks  "what are they singing"

The puzzled look on her face when I told her was a fkn picture, then later on there she is on her feet singing her heart out "Keano wanks his dog Keano Keano wanks his dog".

:lol: Class.

I sit next to an 80 year old woman that's constantly chatting through the match about who she knows thats died recently and how she got on at the bingo.

She did practically the same thing to me today:

her -"Keano wanks his what?"

Me - "Dog"

her -"ooooh heavens"

I sit next to an 80 year old woman that's constantly chatting through the match about who she knows thats died recently and how she got on at the bingo.

She did practically the same thing to me today:

her -"Keano wanks his what?"

Me - "Dog"

her -"ooooh heavens"

Did anyone see the guy with the Keane mask who ammusingly brought an inflateable dog with him? Hilarous stuff.

For that matter was anyone in Sam Jacks before the game? Funny as fuck.

Did anyone see the guy with the Keane mask who ammusingly brought an inflateable dog with him? Hilarous stuff.

Was he sat at the front of the gallowgate?

With better midfielders the 4-3-3 could be even better too.  Someone in for Geremi, and as much as i like Butt for him too in a first 11.  Alongside Barton could be great i think.

What does it mean for Milner though?  Or could he fit in?

I think he should be given a go where Geremi's playing between now and the end.

Guest Phil K

They go on about the "geordie nation" and all that bullshit

I thought the atmosphere was f****** s*** overall today

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=323108

I mean... it's just not true.  At all.  I'm usually in the Gallowgate, but I've sat in Level 7, and I know the noise gets up there.  What's the point of lying about something like that?  And how could you, with a clear conscience and without feeling like a prick, agree and post in support of the OP?

Their collected bottom lip is trailing the ground

What a crock of crap.

On the radio it was brilliant. The commentator on Century along with Bob Moncur where raving about it.

Was he sat at the front of the gallowgate?

Not sure mate, i seen him outside the ground.

Guest newcastle4life

We werent at our best but still much better than Sunderland who were  rubbish.   ;D  Result is the importing thing always great to win a derby.  :celb: Good performance by Owen to get two goals now hopefully we can keep the run of form going.

Well you were in the same neck of the woods, if not directly behind me.

What row were you in?

G, I've got some pictures on my phone which are from exactly the same vantage point. I was on the end of the row so I was right next to the steps, plenty of turning around to bait mackems was involved :)