KK

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Didn't give him stick, was worried that he might not be able to turn it round, for me FSA was to blame though, but he;d have to shoulder some responsibility if he didn't do it too.

I quite clearly remember you making a thread kicking off about the club sacking FSA, then it was deleted, don't deny it.  :laugh:

I think he's right about it being around the time we were linked with Redknapp, I seem to remember taking the piss out of him.

Maybe i'm getting mixed up  :blush: soz, but the other point though is FSA would still be manager if HTT had his way.

Oooh, if we are playing by those rules. If I had my way, KK would never have left in the first place... You've misread my entire argument, I'm not applying some kind of hindesight here. I'm not one for told you sos or trying to prove how right I am or whatever, I get more wrong than anyone on here probably. I am just pointing out the serious error in those showing little faith in KK or a lack of respect earlier on on the eve of what has been a great day for all of us, a day brought about by KK.

bluelaugh.gif

The point i'm making is people want whats best for the club, you at the time thought sticking by FSA was best, and some people thought 9 games without a win was enough to question KK. That's all i'm trying to say.

I don't think anyone wanted KK to leave tbf.

People were slagging him after a few games man and some actually did want him to leave. Maybe small numbers but when it comes to KK, a few naysayers is a lot, or stands out.

Always thought you were over supportive of his return, but tbf you've been proved right.

Like Jonny Hall said, 'KK has well and truly restored my love of football and of Newcastle United'

I don't think any other manager could have done that, especially this season, i must admit i didn't expect it.

I was ecstatic at 1st, but then i thought it might have been a sentimental appointment, truth is, it was, but its so much more as well.

I haven't even began yet ;)

I just have 100% complete faith in the man so can relax and enjoy it all as I know not only with my head but my heart too that we will always do well under KK as he really is our king and I don't care how sentimentally goofy that may read, it's true. I don't know why and I don't really care why, that's the truth: KK and NUFC are made for each other and together can't go far wrong.

And if we did?

I'd still love the man and would never ever ever put the boot in.

To even think along those lines would turn me sick. He gave me the greatest gift of all, a love of football and a passion for NUFC.

2nd time around he's restored my faith in my club, my enjoyment of football and my respect for my team. Against all odds and in only a few months. People say it's taken a while, it's come sooner than I expected is all I know.

The man's a fucking legend.

Plus, this is a real insight for those, like myself, who didn't experience KK the first time round. I was young and not interested in football then.

Now it's chance for many to turn back the clocks and experience one of the greatest things in football.

Admittedly I was somewhat unsure of King Kev's appointment, was hoping for someone in the vein of Houllier or Deschamps. I only started supporting NUFC on the back of the Keegan days so I only vaguely knew of his championship battle with Man Utd amongst his ties with the club. But since that Stoke match, my head and heart has been completely captivated. There was something really magical about that night imo when he walked into St James to a brilliant ovation and watched with a gleaming smile as we bummed them 4-1 and his first interview really pulled some strings. I've been behind him 100% of the way since then. He just comes across as such a legendary bloke and in hindsight I'd much rather have Kev back over some moody European manager. Honestly can't wait to see what he does with the team next year, we are going places for sure  :celb:

Plus, this is a real insight for those, like myself, who didn't experience KK the first time round. I was young and not interested in football then.

Now it's chance for many to turn back the clocks and experience one of the greatest things in football.

Agreed.

I never watched any footy before 95 (except odd england game)when i happened to catch a game in a pub, nufc vs villa i think it was.

Found myself watching quite a few games from then on that season and so i had some idea of how a keaganesque team could play.

Had few doubts with this appointment, except when no signings arrived in jan, i couldnt see how he would suceed with a dodgy team like fsa had compiled!

Not dropping smith also seemed a crazy approach, but maybe he has now seen the light on this one?

Just hope he has plenty of suport in thransfer market, as its alot harsher place than back in 90s.

This is all so encouraging to read.

Newcastle truly United is going to be unstoppable.

The critics will be blown away by this type of solidarity because the shit they fling will be so much harder to stick without willing recipients on our side.

Guest saintscoobz

Fair enough after 9 games without a win it was to be expected that the faith would start to waiver, but whilst standing on the terraces of white heart lane and taking a 4-1 lead i turned to my mate and said about Kevin Keegan, I LOVE THAT MAN!

we are geordies and keegan is our king!

Anyone disagree?  Then you are fools and need to take yourself off to a cool dark room and have a word with yourselves!

Guest fishman09

hi guys

just wanted to add that i've really loved seeing keegan back in charge.  it really does reignite the feel-good factor that we enjoyed under keegan the first time.

but has anyone else noticed that when we first saw him at the stoke game, he was looking old and tired (admittedly due to all the travelling/negotiations etc), compared to the 'old' keegan we knew and loved.  now, however, he seems to have reversed the aging process, by actually looking about 10 years younger than a few mnths ago.  its true what everyone has been saying on this thread...keegan and the toon are linked by something more than simple affection.  its like one feeds off the other, with both coming out stronger and fitter lol

fish

When S A Ferguson expressed his doubts about Keegan returning I had an intuitive feeling it was because of what Keegan could do to/for Newcastle, rather than any belief that he was past it or had lost the plot.

When S A Ferguson expressed his doubts about Keegan returning I had an intuitive feeling it was because of what Keegan could do to/for Newcastle, rather than any belief that he was past it or had lost the plot.

Plus KK's not one of the hallowed few that are up his backside and hang on his every word, not like Steve Bruce who was celebrating for Man U when they drew with Chelsea more than he was for his "own" club and received a case of vintage wine from the red nosed one.

I never had any doubts, it was obvious to me that the run of games Keegan had when he took over made his job (which initially was to bring confidence back) impossible.  I was sure once we got a run of winnable games he'd bring back the confidence in the players and have the team playing better Football and winning.

Fair enough after 9 games without a win it was to be expected that the faith would start to waiver, but whilst standing on the terraces of white heart lane and taking a 4-1 lead i turned to my mate and said about Kevin Keegan, I LOVE THAT MAN!

we are geordies and keegan is our king!

Anyone disagree?  Then you are fools and need to take yourself off to a cool dark room and have a word with yourselves!

Spurs away was the turning point for me. I know we did well second-half at Birmingham, and beat Fulham easily, but the way we played, that could have easily been another 7-1 that afternoon.

Just thinking as well HTT that KK has rekindled the passion and excitement of the fans, but he's also done it for the big man as well. Ashley is now getting what he wanted, some entertainment and to be part of something. I was worried he was feeling flat and thinking it was a mistake buying the place when we were playing near the end under SA, but he's now back on form, and as long as he's on form there is money to spend and KK to spend it.

All good.

Anyone ever name their kids afer KK?

I did, 2 year old now called Keegan Farrar, I even got in touch with KK at Soccer Circus and he sent my son a signed photo, "to Keegan, best wishes, Kevin Keegan".

Top Man!

My dad wanted my christian and middle names to be Anthony Green, but my mam had none of it...bitch.

Anyone ever name their kids afer KK?

I did, 2 year old now called Keegan Farrar, I even got in touch with KK at Soccer Circus and he sent my son a signed photo, "to Keegan, best wishes, Kevin Keegan".

Top Man!

My dad wanted my christian and middle names to be Anthony Green, but my mam had none of it...bitch.

interesting. that would have made you jennifer anthony green jeavons.

you should have seen my son on the day KK was announced as manager again.

on ssn they showed crowds shouting keegan, keegan, keegan.

My son was looking at tv in shock!! thought they were shouting him! he would have been 20 months old at time.

Wasn't a Newcastle fan the first time around, so never got to see KK in action. So yeah I admit I had serious doubts over the appointment, even before things started to go wrong. Happy to say he's completely changed my mind, it's easy to see there's something special about him, and I hope I can learn to love him as much as you lot do, he's certainly giving me enough reasons so far.

Guest JamesD

As soon as I saw how he made all of the people who've experienced him before feel, can't say I've had any doubts. And even before we kicked this little streak off, we were looking like a much better team than anything Allardyce had put out, we just had a shitty fixture list.  Its a good time to be a toon fan.

I think we'll see the best of Keegan next season when he's got his own players to pick from and is starting with the same number of points as averybody else, that's when he'll feel that he can lift the performance as he'll know from day 1 what he's working with and how to get the best out of the team.

He came in to replace Allerdyce and had to learn as he went on, he'll not have that problem to deal with, he'll be up and running from the first game.

Guest Knightrider

Seen nowt yet either. I'm telling yous, we'll take off big style if he gets the full backing and support of everyone. Never been happier since, well, since he was first here back in the 90s, or if you grew up watching him as a player for us (lucky bastards), second time around. Btw the impact he's had off the pitch since his return is massive, whole Toon is buzzing again and only KK can create that kind of thing on the back of what has been a shocking season for the club. Ashley would be a mug to fuck this up because KK will give him the club he wants and then sum and if he's money motivated, if he wants NUFC to make him money and be a huge financial success, KK's the man to do it. I guarantee the waiting list will return, a bigger SJP will be needed and CL footy and whatever else will come our way if he gets backed fully and can run the club as he sees fit. How much would KK's original Newcastle be worth in today's market, how much could the club generate?

Btw I think KK will get to run the club how he sees fit so buckle up folks...

Seen nowt yet either. I'm telling yous, we'll take off big style if he gets the full backing and support of everyone. Never been happier since, well, since he was first here back in the 90s, or if you grew up watching him as a player for us (lucky bastards), second time around. Btw the impact he's had off the pitch since his return is massive, whole Toon is buzzing again and only KK can create that kind of thing on the back of what has been a shocking season for the club. Ashley would be a mug to f*** this up because KK will give him the club he wants and then sum and if he's money motivated, if he wants NUFC to make him money and be a huge financial success, KK's the man to do it. I guarantee the waiting list will return, a bigger SJP will be needed and CL footy and whatever else will come our way if he gets backed fully and can run the club as he sees fit. How much would KK's original Newcastle be worth in today's market, how much could the club generate?

Both the reception Keegan has received and the change on the pitch will have strengthened Keegan position at the club which was already high because they appointed him.  Mort and Ashley must be impressed with the turnaround at the club since Keegan came in.  They'll be impressed by the way we are now playing compared to previously under Allardyce which they were clearly unhappy with or he would still be here and they can't fail to have been impressed with Sunday’s game.  I think they now know what it'll be like to go to a game when or if we become successful.  I think they'll have experienced the atmosphere and will want more.

If they had any doubts about the potential of this football club, they'll have been washed away on Sunday.  I think the mackem game was massive and more than 3 points were gained but we'll only see if that's the case at the end of August and any new players are here.

Seen nowt yet either. I'm telling yous, we'll take off big style if he gets the full backing and support of everyone. Never been happier since, well, since he was first here back in the 90s, or if you grew up watching him as a player for us (lucky bastards), second time around. Btw the impact he's had off the pitch since his return is massive, whole Toon is buzzing again and only KK can create that kind of thing on the back of what has been a shocking season for the club. Ashley would be a mug to f*** this up because KK will give him the club he wants and then sum and if he's money motivated, if he wants NUFC to make him money and be a huge financial success, KK's the man to do it. I guarantee the waiting list will return, a bigger SJP will be needed and CL footy and whatever else will come our way if he gets backed fully and can run the club as he sees fit. How much would KK's original Newcastle be worth in today's market, how much could the club generate?

Both the reception Keegan has received and the change on the pitch will have strengthened Keegan position at the club which was already high because they appointed him.  Mort and Ashley must be impressed with the turnaround at the club since Keegan came in.  They'll be impressed by the way we are now playing compared to previously under Allardyce which they were clearly unhappy with or he would still be here and they can't fail to have been impressed with Sunday’s game.  I think they now know what it'll be like to go to a game when or if we become successful.  I think they'll have experienced the atmosphere and will want more.

If they had any doubts about the potential of this football club, they'll have been washed away on Sunday.  I think the mackem game was massive and more than 3 points were gained but we'll only see if that's the case at the end of August and any new players are here.

applications for season tickets will mean more than all that

applications for season tickets will mean more than all that

I'm not sure that season ticket sales will mean more than that, it might have been different if Keegan had of been appointed at a time when tickets were on sale.