1 Man team

Guest kingdawson

Guest kingdawson

People keep throwing this at united with Ronaldo or Pool with Torres but theres only one, 1 man team in the premiership imho and that award goes to ..........................................................................BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Ok ok, they have players like Roque santa cruz, who has done very well in his first season and David Bentley who's a brilliant winger BUT if it hadnt have been for Brad Friedel (and lady luck), they would have been nearer the relegation zone this season. Dont get me wrong, i rate them as a team and they've also got a good manager (who never admits anything and seems a bit of a prat tbh) BUT they've been veryyyyyyyyyy lucky this season and Friedel has saved them time and time again.

A few examples:

1) We battered them at the lane this season, had about 25 shots on goal to blackburns 2 or 3. Friediel keeps them in the game, and then the cunts go and nick it 2-1.

2) You lot slaughter them at sjp, miss chances, then they nick it.

3) Boro absolutly dismantle them at Ewood, miss about 2 open goals, hit the wood work, Friedel make wonder saves. Blackburn then somehow manage to nick a point.

4) Andy Johnson has the most ridiculous off side decision called against him in the history of football. Everton batter them but thanks to a mixture of God and Friedel, they get a point.

5) United piss on them yesterday, miss a kizillion chances, frediel makes wonder saves. Blackburn get a point.

Why do people say "Pool"? It sounds fucking ridiculous. I've never heard a scouser use that word.

Anyway, I agree with you that Friedel is a good and underrated keeper like, probably not as important to Blackburn as you're making out though.

Guest kingdawson

They're a one man team apart from the other two you mention

Every team have one or two good players tbh (well except Derby). Freidel has time and time again saved them this season. Luck has played a massive part too (probably even more than Friedel), but if this "one man team" bollocks, has got to be labelled at one team, its Rovers. They've been s**** the majority of their games this season.

Guest kingdawson

I disrespectfully disagree.

The way you added the 'dis' onto the previous post shows you're clearly a very clever guy :thup:.

Guest kingdawson

I disrespectfully disagree.

The way you added the 'dis' onto the previous post shows you're clearly a very clever guy :thup:.

Surprised you actually noticed 

Took me a while but when i finally got there, i was shocked at the creativity you showed.

KD is right, Friedel has saved their arses on numerous occasions. Two or three years ago he won Keeper of the Year for them, didn't he? I remember him making blinding saves at Highbury.

In any case, not thoroughly a one-man team, but the man's fuckin' unbeatable, and maybe the team relies on him a little too much.

Guest LucaAltieri

People keep throwing this at united with Ronaldo or Pool with Torres but theres only one, 1 man team in the premiership imho and that award goes to ..........................................................................BLACKBURN ROVERS.

Ok ok, they have players like Roque santa cruz, who has done very well in his first season and David Bentley who's a brilliant winger BUT if it hadnt have been for Brad Friedel (and lady luck), they would have been nearer the relegation zone this season. Dont get me wrong, i rate them as a team and they've also got a good manager (who never admits anything and seems a bit of a prat tbh) BUT they've been veryyyyyyyyyy lucky this season and Friedel has saved them time and time again.

Obviously that 2:1 you were bragging about wasn't in maths.

Guest kingdawson

Actually someone insulted me and i countered it by bringing that up (it was a first actually and ive also been getting numerous shit grades too tbh).

I still dont get your point tbh.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs fan talking about another side being a one man team :lol:

Berba 23 goals

Keane 22 goals

Steed player of the season

Guest LucaAltieri

Actually someone insulted me and i countered it by bringing that up (it was a first actually and ive also been getting numerous shit grades too tbh).

Point is pretty straight forward...

*drum roll*

...you can't call them a one man team then rhyme off 4 individuals who've been good for them this season. You’re sort of shooting holes in your own point before you’ve even made it.

Berba 23 goals

Keane 22 goals

Keane could be Santa Cruz in your example, as Malbranque could be Bentley.  Fact is you lot were shite until Berbatov decided to bother again :)

Guest kingdawson

Berba 23 goals

Keane 22 goals

Keane could be Santa Cruz in your example, as Malbranque could be Bentley.  Fact is you lot were s**** until Berbatov decided to bother again :)

FALSE. Berbatovs sudden improvement has seen us do nothing but draw lately. Keane and steed have been better than him this season. Berbs hasnt saved us, or do anything remotly like that tbh.

Fact is, not one of our players has been as important as frediel has for Rovers.

Berba 23 goals

Keane 22 goals

Keane could be Santa Cruz in your example, as Malbranque could be Bentley.  Fact is you lot were s**** until Berbatov decided to bother again :)

FALSE. Berbatovs sudden improvement has seen us do nothing but draw lately. Keane and steed have been better than him this season. Berbs hasnt saved us, or do anything remotly like that tbh.

Fact is, not one of our players has been as important as frediel has for Rovers.

Fact is Bentley & Santa Cruz have been just as important as Friedel for Blackburn.  Saying anything else is a load of bollocks.

Guest kingdawson

Actually someone insulted me and i countered it by bringing that up (it was a first actually and ive also been getting numerous s*** grades too tbh).

Point is pretty straight forward...

*drum roll*

...you can't call them a one man team then rhyme off 4 individuals who've been good for them this season. You’re sort of shooting holes in your own point before you’ve even made it.

You see what happens when you neglect a persons post...

"Every team have one or two good players tbh (well except Derby). Freidel has time and time again saved them this season. Luck has played a massive part too (probably even more than Friedel), but if this "one man team" bollocks, has got to be labelled at one team, its Rovers. They've been s**** the majority of their games this season."