1 Man team

Guest kingdawson

ermmmmmm he's been our player of the season by a mile this season actually (dont think many spurs fans disagree). Thanks guys, for informing me he's played shite when ive watched 90 mins of near enough every spurs game this season :thup:.

Take your laptop to the game?

Guest kingdawson

ermmmmmm he's been our player of the season by a mile this season actually (dont think many spurs fans disagree). Thanks guys, for informing me he's played s**** when ive watched 90 mins of near enough every spurs game this season :thup:.

That was funny when it was first directed at me over a year ago by that foul mouthed stevie. it was then kinda funny 6 months later, when used again by another poster, then it lost its appeal when it was again used 3 months ago.

Moral to the story? STOP RECYCLING JOKES :thup:

I think the perfect example of a one man team is Man City.  Elano is everything for them, and as you'd expect from a one man team, they fell apart at some point in the season.  One man teams don't sustain it like Blackburn have this season.

Is this the same one-man City who are 3 points clear of Blackburn in the league?

I think the perfect example of a one man team is Man City.  Elano is everything for them, and as you'd expect from a one man team, they fell apart at some point in the season.  One man teams don't sustain it like Blackburn have this season.

What about Dunne and Petrov like?

Elano's been nothing special in the second half of the season either.

Neither have citeh though. I think that's the point.

Not that i agree with it, they have a few good players.

Schmeicel was another 'big-framed' keeper who reduced the shooting angles of any potential goal scorer, another keeper who also created many what i call 'forced misses/shooting errors'. Obviously Schmeicel's the better all-round keeper but frame-wise, as shot-stoppers and as keepers who can put off a shooter with their physical presence, they're of a similar ilk.

Manchester United was not a just 'one-man' band, when they hauled back our lead at the top of the table. They still had the creative matchwinners, and the necessary attacking outlets while PS held down the fort, needed to pinch a result away from home, ala the momentum turning game at SJP being the notable example.

Obviously Blackburn's attacking outlets don't match United's in terms of calibre, but without the likes Bentley/Pederson/Santa Cruz & McCarthy cashing-in on Freidel's good work - ie. keeping them in games away from home amidst a counterattacking orientated team philosophy - and these guys really provide them with a cutting edge on the break and without them they'd be a 'scrappy bottom 3 team featuring a highlight reel keeper' imo.

Elano's been nothing special in the second half of the season either.

Neither have citeh though. I think that's the point.

Not that i agree with it, they have a few good players.

Good point :D

Don't see how you can talk about Blackburn being a one-man team. They're a very good example of how you can achieve relative success with a good team. Sure, Friedel's a good goalkeeper, but KD and the Spuds only notice because both of theirs are bollocks. Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Bentley, Pedersen, Samba, Nelsen and Warnock to name but a few have all played major parts in making them the team they are, and credit to Mark Hughes for it. He's assembled them.

Guest kingdawson

Don't see how you can talk about Blackburn being a one-man team. They're a very good example of how you can achieve relative success with a good team. Sure, Friedel's a good goalkeeper, but KD and the Spuds only notice because both of theirs are bollocks. Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Bentley, Pedersen, Samba, Nelsen and Warnock to name but a few have all played major parts in making them the team they are, and credit to Mark Hughes for it. He's assembled them.

Pedersen and Mccarthy have been wank this season and Nelsen's been injured.

As i said before, Blackburn have some good players and they played some nice football the season before last (and last season too tbh), but this season they've been shite.

ermmmmmm he's been our player of the season by a mile this season actually (dont think many spurs fans disagree). Thanks guys, for informing me he's played s**** when ive watched 90 mins of near enough every spurs game this season :thup:.

That was funny when it was first directed at me over a year ago by that foul mouthed stevie. it was then kinda funny 6 months later, when used again by another poster, then it lost its appeal when it was again used 3 months ago.

Well its just it seems to me that every time Spurs are playing,you're on here???Unless you have split personality of course.Its a shame none of the personalities talk any football common.

Guest kingdawson

Well its just it seems to me that every time Spurs are playing,you're on here???Unless you have split personality of course.Its a shame none of the personalities talk any football common.

Only been to 4 spurs games this season and ive explained why before. Is that ok?

(those 4 spurs games were all free btw, well 3 of them anyway)

I think the best thing to have said, KD, is that Friedel saves more points for his team than any other player in the league, and I'd struggle to disagree with you there.  He's probably worth more points to his team than almost anybody else in the league, I think that's fair enough to say.

I think the best thing to have said, KD, is that Friedel saves more points for his team than any other player in the league, and I'd struggle to disagree with you there.  He's probably worth more points to his team than almost anybody else in the league, I think that's fair enough to say.

Ronaldo?

Football First doesnt constitute watching nearly all of Spurs' games this season.

Guest kingdawson

Football First doesnt constitute watching nearly all of Spurs' games this season.

Internet feed loser.

Im a 4-1  loser,at home to the team i secretly would love to follow,but most of their fans think i'm a sarnie short of a picnic,so i just keep harping on about how great the mighty Spurs are-which is odd on a Newcastle fansite,especially if we played them every week we'd be relelgated by Christmas,and they'd be champions.

FYP accordingly.

Guest kingdawson

Im a 4-1  loser,at home to the team i secretly would love to follow,but most of their fans think i'm a sarnie short of a picnic,so i just keep harping on about how great the mighty Spurs are-which is odd on a Newcastle fansite,especially if we played them every week we'd be relelgated by Christmas,and they'd be champions.

FYP accordingly.

You're not really 39 years old are you? I'll pray for you.

FYP accordingly.

Nob off nobcheese.

Fight  :frantic:

I'll have £1 on billytray ;)

FYP accordingly.

Nob off nobcheese.

Fight  :frantic:

I'll have £1 on billytray ;)

Thats not very confident Liam!! ;D