Keegan wants a left back.

Baggio

Heard a little rumour that we're launching a joint bid for Riise and Kuyt in summer.

I'd be happy with Kuyt like. Underrated imo.

To replace who though?

Not as clinical as Owen, not as athletic/unpredicatable as Martins and can't hold the ball up/win headers/hold players off like Viduka.

I'm not totally against signing Kuyt but he wouldn't blow my socks off to be honest.

As for Riise -  :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

almost enough to give roeder credit for not going for kuyt

True. Given there appears 3 steps to our improvement as a first team;

1) Be good enough to finish top eight (i.e: Like Villa, Blackburn this year)

2) Be good enough to challenge the top four (i.e: Everton this year)

3) Be good enough to break into the top four

The signing of Kuyt wouldn't get us to stage 2 to be honest. He's a player that, if signed by Everton or Villa, would get a 'meh' reaction from most on here.

You certainly wouldn't find many on here saying 'fuck me, now Villa have replaced Harewood with Kuyt, we'll never catch the bastards'.

Sure, he'd do a job, probably get 12 goals a season but at what expense?

Another grafter, a la Smith at Man Utd. Probably looks better than he is because of who he's surrounded by.

Guest king harry

Love the way we've been linked with Riise since january yet SSN wait until he scores an own goal before linking him with us. Twats.

If he needs a lift, ill drop him off at St James next time i go home

Love the way we've been linked with Riise since january yet SSN wait until he scores an own goal before linking him with us. Twats.

Not from Newcastle are you??

We have more dust bins ;)

Guest king harry

From Liverpool but work and live in north shields, as thats where my wife is from. So every game is like an away match with the travelling, apart from when we play at SJP

From Liverpool but work and live in north shields, as thats where my wife is from. So every game is like an away match with the travelling, apart from when we play at SJP

???

I thought all games not played at SJP were away games?

Kuyt would play in Viduka's position and would cover more ground wide right like Martins does on the left, could give us much more balance as we often lack width on the right when Beye can't get forward.

The only rumour I can remember Gol has got right was Smith coming to us and that was predicted 3 years before he actually came so best to take it with a pinch of salt (no offence of course Gol O0)

Kuyt would play in Viduka's position and would cover more ground wide right like Martins does on the left, could give us much more balance as we often lack width on the right when Beye can't get forward.

The only rumour I can remember Gol has got right was Smith coming to us and that was predicted 3 years before he actually came so best to take it with a pinch of salt (no offence of course Gol O0)

Hey, I reported the Luque rumour before he signed too ;)

Get your point though :)

IF KK get Riise in over Enrique i would seriously question him as our manager.

I don't think i'd be the only one.

It simply will not happen, he's not mad, he's not stupid, he's not trying to ruin us.

It simply will not happen, he's not mad, he's not stupid, he's not trying to ruin us.

nailed on now you've said that

As much as i don't want Riise, if KK bought him i would still trust him.

Think about it, Riise's form may have dipped in the last year or so but he was a good left back not so long ago. It's not like he's 31 and over the hill. Not only that, i think his form has dipped due to Rafa's style, being restricted from going forward.

KK would bring him in, give him confidence and a license to freely roam on the left when played, unlike Rafa. What i'm saying is there is some logic in getting Riise; he's experianced, fairly cheap, can play left midfield and does have ability (albeit not recently).

With all that said, i'd prefer us to leave Enrique alone or look elsewhere for a left back.

As much as i don't want Riise, if KK bought him i would still trust him.

Think about it, Riise's form may have dipped in the last year or so but he was a good left back not so long ago. It's not like he's 31 and over the hill. Not only that, i think his form has dipped due to Rafa's style, being restricted from going forward.

KK would bring him in, give him confidence and a license to freely roam on the left when played, unlike Rafa. What i'm saying is there is some logic in getting Riise; he's experianced, fairly cheap, can play left midfield and does have ability (albeit not recently).

With all that said, i'd prefer us to leave Enrique alone or look elsewhere for a left back.

i don't remember him being a good full back (not even sure he was bought as a full back) at best an average defender with a ferocious if often wayward shot.

I really don't think we should be put off signing Riise just because of last night.

I really don't think we should be put off signing Riise just because of last night.

Bit rich you lecturing people on not having knee-jerk reactions isn't it?

You think i don't want Riise just because of last night? FFS.  :rolleyes:

Bit rich you lecturing people on not having knee-jerk reactions isn't it?

Does a knee jerk count as 3-4 years old these days like?

Do i have to dislike a player from birth without it being a Knee jerk?  :lol: