SAFC About To Line The NUFC Pockets.

Crumpy Gunt

I wonder if NUFC will be petty enough to encourage our fans not to make bets at Boyle Sports, as your investing in our rivals. :lol:

They'd have had to have heard of Boyle Sports first, that's NUFC & the fans!

Surely the club sells the shirts wholesale to the retailers in the first place? Someone must be making money from them, or is it just the manufacturers?

I would have thought the club would make something from every shirt, no matter where it's sold.

I would have thought the club would make something from every shirt, no matter where it's sold.

Surely that's the case yeah, just a lower margin when there's more intermediaries. That little paragraph is fantastic though :lol:

So i take it Ashley is undercutting them on purpose?

Basically knocking a tenner off a new shirt selling them at cost?

Excellent. Hope he sticks up a few adverts around Sunderland as well and every shirt sold (receipt, raffle ticket etc...) is entered into a free prize draw for a Mackem season ticket.

See how many go to the local club shop then.

bluelaugh.gif

Ashley owns 15% of Umbro so they are fooked whichever way they look at it

Tell Niall Quinn this. His next statement will be "Don't buy Sunderland shirts as it puts money into the Newcastle United Owner's pockets!"

When Quinn said rivals I assumed he was talking about Wigan and JJB Sports.

Surely that's the case yeah, just a lower margin when there's more intermediaries. That little paragraph is fantastic though :lol:

It is hilarious, but I bet there's a few cheesed-off sports retailers now. After they bought a load of mackem shirts and now the club is telling the fans not to buy them ;D

It is hilarious, but I bet there's a few cheesed-off sports retailers now. After they bought a load of mackem shirts and now the club is telling the fans not to buy them ;D

I think most will buy from the cheapest outlet.

I think most will buy from the cheapest outlet.

Money talks, if Quinns that desperate he should lower his prices .

Guest johnson293

Not just them - Even NUFC shirts/kits are still cheaper at Sports Soccer than the official Club Shops.

I know he's making money either way on ours, but if it was that important to him/the club, he'd surely stop reducing the NUFC kits at Sports Soccer, or just stop selling them there.

Another priceless moment from Werside though.

Wonder if the mackems have started eating 'suga puffs' again yet???!!!

Not just them - Even NUFC shirts/kits are still cheaper at Sports Soccer than the official Club Shops.

I know he's making money either way on ours, but if it was that important to him/the club, he'd surely stop reducing the NUFC kits at Sports Soccer, or just stop selling them there.

No, they are still just gobbling normal puffs.

Guest The Bort

No, they are still just gobbling normal puffs.

Absolute classic 10/10  :clap: :clap:

Guest guinness_fiend

Don't clubs make money on kits by virtue of the sponsorship agreements? 

Northern Rock paid a set sum to have their logo on the front of the shirt.  It is unlikely that we take a share of any of its profits should people be influenced to open accounts at NR due to this (that is, if NR was actually making money).

Ditto with Adidas.  They pay NUFC to kit us out, not to mention supply kits on a weekly basis.  It is likely that there is an arrangement that the club will profit from any Adidas goods sold via the club website or in the shop but, like Northern Rock, Adidas will make a profit on any shirts that are sold - as they are the ones producing them (and they have paid for the privilege to do so).

(And, in the case of Sports Direct, I would imagine that they pick up kits in bulk at a slight discount, which allows them to sell at just above cost.  In any case, SD makes most of its money from people like myself, who pick up a shirt each season and then decide to pick up generic no-name shorts, socks, shinpads etc. - all of which is pretty "low cost to buy in" but "medium-to-high profit" yielding)

Guest optimistic nit

Don't clubs make money on kits by virtue of the sponsorship agreements? 

Northern Rock paid a set sum to have their logo on the front of the shirt.  It is unlikely that we take a share of any of its profits should people be influenced to open accounts at NR due to this (that is, if NR was actually making money).

Ditto with Adidas.  They pay NUFC to kit us out, not to mention supply kits on a weekly basis.  It is likely that there is an arrangement that the club will profit from any Adidas goods sold via the club website or in the shop but, like Northern Rock, Adidas will make a profit on any shirts that are sold - as they are the ones producing them (and they have paid for the privilege to do so).

(And, in the case of Sports Direct, I would imagine that they pick up kits in bulk at a slight discount, which allows them to sell at just above cost.  In any case, SD makes most of its money from people like myself, who pick up a shirt each season and then decide to pick up generic no-name shorts, socks, shinpads etc. - all of which is pretty "low cost to buy in" but "medium-to-high profit" yielding)

well due to ashley's shares in umbro, i'd imagine he can and does pick the kits up for less than safc manage to. i dont really see what you mean though. surely the toon just buy the kits and other goods from addidas and sell them at a mark up.