Mark Viduka

morgs
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Problem is when he's not playing chances are KK will give Smith a chance rather than Carroll :(

Why do you think that is?

No, one of Smith or Carroll replaces Viduka depending on whether KK deems it an appropraite situation to put Carroll in.

Local derby, 2-0 and coasting, yes.

Edgy away game, 2-2, pinned back a bit, no.

Lets see..

Smith comes on..

commits foul..

loses the ball about two times in  4 mins

gets his head opened up

never won a single header, lost 8 out of 8 attempts

hardley created any threat..

Useless really, can't see why we bother when clearly..he's past it.

Perhaps a better question is what sort of attributes should we be looking for in any possible replacement striker for Viduka?

If we stay 433 I think Kuyt if available would be an improvement on Viduka. I think his work rate, size & his ability to chip in with goals would make him, Oba & Owen would be a really good unit.

Perhaps a better question is what sort of attributes should we be looking for in any possible replacement striker for Viduka?

Depends a lot on the formation we go with.  I think he does OK in the 3 up front, but wouldn't want to see him playing in a front two.

If we played as a two, would Owen & Martins work with midfield players bought by Keegan?  If yes, do we need a direct replacement for Viduka?

In terms of replacing players I'd rather move Smith & Ameobi on & keep Viduka for another year.

I'm not sure if Owen will work in a 4-4-2 formation anymore, he'll need plenty of pace around him to make up for what he's lost if he does IMO.

I see a replacement for Viduka as being the same thing as a replacement for Shola and Smith, a new striker in will replace Viduka in the first team and Smith and Ameobi in the squad.

Would you keep Viduka in the squad?  Wouldn't want us moving 3 on & only getting 1 in

Problem is when he's not playing chances are KK will give Smith a chance rather than Carroll :(

KK

"Alan is the sort of lad who is gold dust around a football club," said Keegan. "He always comes in early, trains properly and gives 100 per cent. Goals would have been no more than he deserved at the weekend against Blackburn.

"If effort, endeavour and honesty won you things, then Alan would have medals galore. I still believe in him because I have picked him for every game. There is a place for him in any football team.

So you think he picks Smith because he's a nice bloke who gets to training early?

KK

"Alan is the sort of lad who is gold dust around a football club," said Keegan. "He always comes in early, trains properly and gives 100 per cent. Goals would have been no more than he deserved at the weekend against Blackburn.

"If effort, endeavour and honesty won you things, then Alan would have medals galore. I still believe in him because I have picked him for every game. There is a place for him in any football team.

So you think he picks Smith because he's a nice bloke who gets to training early?

Thats what he's saying ???

Depends a lot on the formation we go with.  I think he does OK in the 3 up front, but wouldn't want to see him playing in a front two.

If we played as a two, would Owen & Martins work with midfield players bought by Keegan?  If yes, do we need a direct replacement for Viduka?

In terms of replacing players I'd rather move Smith & Ameobi on & keep Viduka for another year.

I'm not sure if Owen will work in a 4-4-2 formation anymore, he'll need plenty of pace around him to make up for what he's lost if he does IMO.

I see a replacement for Viduka as being the same thing as a replacement for Shola and Smith, a new striker in will replace Viduka in the first team and Smith and Ameobi in the squad.

Would you keep Viduka in the squad?  Wouldn't want us moving 3 on & only getting 1 in

Yeah the new striker would replace Viduka in the starting 11 with Viduka dropping down to the bench replacing Smith who would be off.

KK

He picks him partlty because he good pro IMO, likewise CNZ maybe isnt the ideal pro & finds himself unable to make the bench.

KK

Thats what he's saying ???

And you believe him?

Do you really think he picks an inferior player because he turns up to training early?

KK

He picks him partlty because he good pro IMO, likewise CNZ maybe isnt the ideal pro & finds himself unable to make the bench.

I think there's a few reasons why he picks him.

I think there are certain times when Smith is a better option than Carroll because we need his high workrate and have him not giving the opposition any time to rest on the ball, I think it's also about keeping a happy ship until the end of the season, I don't think Smith will be here next season and it's a case of keeping him happy until the Summer, that and it could affect the price we would get for Smith if we sold him if he couldn't even get a game over some young kid.

KK

I think there's a few reasons why he picks him.

I think there are certain times when Smith is a better option than Carroll because we need his high workrate and have him not giving the opposition any time to rest on the ball, I think it's also about keeping a happy ship until the end of the season, I don't think Smith will be here next season and it's a case of keeping him happy until the Summer, that and it could affect the price we would get for Smith if we sold him if he couldn't even get a game over some young kid.

Agree with first part, but I think you have maybe over analyzed the situation. I cant see Keegan give him 5 or 10 mins here so his price doesn't drop. I think he does genuinely like Alan Smith & Alan Smith is not the type to get pissed off & be a miserable bastard around the place.

I am off to OF&H on 109 or 110, speak to you the morro Baggio  :thup:

Roque Santa Cruz please.

Great shout but Blackburn wouldn't sell.

If we put 12m in front of their noses, you can bet your arse they would and he would be up here in a shot. Blackburn are one of the worst off financially.

Scored over 20 goals for them this season and something like 10 assist too.

He would be THE PERFECT replacement for Mark Viduka.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

If we put 12m in front of their noses, you can bet your arse they would and he would be up here in a shot. Blackburn are one of the worst off financially.

First sentence, wrong.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

Wey fuck it, put 15 in front of their noses then.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

I'd prefer us to locate someone similar for a cheap deal. If they can do it, surely we can.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

Wey f*** it, put 15 in front of their noses then.

I'd prefer us to locate someone similar for a cheap deal. If they can do it, surely we can.

Pizzaro?  :kasper:

Guest Rob X

Viduka is too old, too limited in his play and far too expensive to have around for a handful of games. If he plays more then we won't be doing much next season.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

Maybe I'm the only one but I seriously don't give a crap about prices anymore. I just want us to sign good players regardless of price.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

Maybe I'm the only one but I seriously don't give a crap about prices anymore. I just want us to sign good players regardless of price.

Great logic there. Lets just overspend because we've got a billionaire owner. He won't mind.

Roque Santa Cruz please.

First sentence, wrong.

Completely agree. This summer is to sign the best players at whatever the price.

Sure next year if we have had some success, we can start talking about limits but not now.

4-5 at 15+ and we will be sorted.