Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

no great loss, dont think he is any better than taylor would end up, we should be looking at better and fitter players, not a player who is still over weight and slow in the tackle. He's lived off richards and distins pace for years

Someone has to ask.  Have you ever seen Dunne play?

Actually it's a difference of opinion.

To be fair mate - you didnt want Woodgate either and someone has a sig quote of you saying Taino is better than Carrick so ill stick by my opinion....you keep embarressing yourself.

Guest kingdawson

To be fair mate - you didnt want Woodgate either and someone has a sig quote of you saying Taino is better than Carrick so ill stick by my opinion....you keep embarressing yourself.

Like Duff11 said, i didnt want Dunne from the beginning, i didnt want Woodgate because of his poor injury record and his beyond shite form at Boro (wheater was out peforming him) and the tainio quote was complete bollocks on my part tbh. Think i was just pissed off he was leaving for United. Regardless, it was wrong.

I've explained my reasons why i dont want Dunne at the club. Embarrasing myself? how could i ever live with myself.

Like Duff11 said, i didnt want Dunne from the beginning, i didnt want Woodgate because of his poor injury record and his beyond s**** form at Boro (wheater was out peforming him) and the tainio quote was complete bollocks on my part tbh. Think i was just pissed off he was leaving for United. Regardless, it was wrong.

I've explained my reasons why i dont want Dunne at the club. Embarrasing myself? how could i ever live with myself.

:thup:

since when does a muscular build make someone overweight? fucking idiots on this forum honestly

He's ten times the player Taylor or Faye is

10 times the player Faye is? You'd think you were talking about the best center half in the world, it's Richard Dunne,a good defender who's generally pretty steady but gets found out against quicker strikers.

Guest Chubby Jason

He probably has more pace than Taylor and Faye and is much better than the two of them, especially Taylor.

I'd imagine he will line up with Distin at Portsmouth so Campbel could be on his way, mabe we will launch another bid for him instead?

Come on folks a bit of realism needed...

Richard Dunne is better than our centre backs for two reasons, the first is that he hardly ever has a bad game and is extremely reliable, the second is that he has been Citeh's player of the season for three years running (ahead of Micah, distin, anelka...) which speaks volumes!

Taylor and Faye are not as good as him but he in turn is no where near "Terry, Rio, Carvalho, Gallas..."

Very good signing for the prices being touted (5million+).

I'd imagine he will line up with Distin at Portsmouth so Campbel could be on his way, mabe we will launch another bid for him instead?

Unlikely. I'd be extremely unimpressed if we did.

For a big bloke he's not that slow & he uses his size to slow quicker players down. You know what he'll bring to a team & we need that type of reliability in our back four. How many times is it that players we should be going for and getting have ended up at Spuds or Pompey? We must've lost half a decent side to them in the last two seasons. And what's  more we've gone out & bought some very average players as second choices.

He probably has more pace than Taylor and Faye and is much better than the two of them, especially Taylor.

No slouch at all. Would eat Taylor

For a big bloke he's not that slow & he uses his size to slow quicker players down. You know what he'll bring to a team & we need that type of reliability in our back four. How many times is it that players we should be going for and getting have ended up at Spuds or Pompey? We must've lost half a decent side to them in the last two seasons. And what's  more we've gone out & bought some very average players as second choices.

Remembers when we turned our noses up at Campbell in favour of Rozehnal.

Remembers when we turned our noses up at Campbell in favour of Rozehnal.

Unlikely. I'd be extremely unimpressed if we did.

Campbell has looked finished for the last 6 months

Guest Heneage

since when does a muscular build make someone overweight? f***ing idiots on this forum honestly

No he fucking isn't.

since when does a muscular build make someone overweight? f***ing idiots on this forum honestly

No he f***ing isn't.

see how would you know? judging on past comments I'd pretty much put my life on you never watching an epl game

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad.

same old story, fucking sick of it.

No he f***ing isn't.

see how would you know? judging on past comments I'd pretty much put my life on you never watching an epl game

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad and a lack of hindsight.

same old story, fucking sick of it.

FYP.

No he f***ing isn't.

we cant keep losing out on players like this. Campbell, Distin, Santa Cruz, Ben haim, Carrick, Dunne, these are players that should be playing for us but we missed the boat through indecision, bad negotiating or ridiculous overrating of our current squad and a lack of hindsight.

same old story, f***ing sick of it.

FYP.

where does hindsight come in though, all very good players when we had the chance to sign them and all well within reach