Kenny Dalglish

Tooj

Guest Mucky01

as a player Dalglish was awesome, there has never been a better striker with his back to goal than him, ever.

Will never forgive him for dismantling KK’s team though.

My old man reckons he was one of the greatest players ever. He's a boring bastard though, came up here to play golf and my mate's old man, a huge Celtic fan, bought him a drink in the golf club and tried to get some chat out of him but he would hardly say two words.

• 4 months later...

Want-away Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is lining up a sensational return for former manager Kenny Dalglish. The ex-Scotland and Liverpool striker took charge at St James's Park after Kevin Keegan left the club back in 1997. (Daily Star) :doh:

Full write up on the Daily Mail website as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1059409/Ashley-wants-Dalglish-succeed-Keegan-second-time.html

Want-away Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is lining up a sensational return for former manager Kenny Dalglish. The ex-Scotland and Liverpool striker took charge at St James's Park after Kevin Keegan left the club back in 1997. (Daily Star) :doh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1059409/Ashley-wants-Dalglish-succeed-Keegan-second-time.html

Gullit's out of a job as well right?

So we can sack Dalglish in another month or so and keep the cycle going.

That should put us back to Keegan by around next summer.

and bring Terry Mac back to top it all off

That should put us back to Keegan by around next summer.

Sir Bobby might be a problem.  :undecided:

Almost makes sense.  He's going to get a decent amount of respect from the press & players (fans might be another matter though).  And he'd probably be able to work with the whole DoF malarkey we have going on.

As a short-term appointment I could see it working.

Guest toonlass

Almost makes sense.  He's going to get a decent amount of respect from the press & players (fans might be another matter though).  And he'd probably be able to work with the whole DoF malarkey we have going on.

He did that DOF crap at Celtic didn't he? With John Barnes as the manager, around the time that Inver Cally Thistle whacked Celtic in the cup, and we had the best ever back page headline "SUPER CALLY GO BALLISTIC, CELTIC ARE ATROCIOUS!"

He did that DOF crap at Celtic didn't he? With John Barnes as the manager, around the time that Inver Cally Thistle whacked Celtic in the cup, and we had the best ever back page headline "SUPER CALLY GO BALLISTIC, CELTIC ARE ATROCIOUS!"

As I remember Barnes did almost everything (badly) at Celtic whilst Kenny spent his time on the golf course.  I seem to remember that there were later rumours that Barnes never (or at least very rarely) asked for advice on the team and ended up running the team in much the same manner that Gullit ran us in that he couldn't really understand why other players weren't as good as he was.

Ironically, Dalglish's "5 year plan" for us revolved around us bringing in a lot of youngsters for little money and bringing them through the ranks in much the same way that Ashley wanted/wants to do with us so bringing in Dalglish on a short-term contract to turn things around may work in the long run should he be able to get the team winning again and if Ashley can't find a satisfactory buyer.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

As I remember Barnes did almost everything (badly) at Celtic whilst Kenny spent his time on the golf course.  I seem to remember that there were later rumours that Barnes never (or at least very rarely) asked for advice on the team and ended up running the team in much the same manner that Gullit ran us in that he couldn't really understand why other players weren't as good as he was.

Ironically, Dalglish's "5 year plan" for us revolved around us bringing in a lot of youngsters for little money and bringing them through the ranks in much the same way that Ashley wanted/wants to do with us so bringing in Dalglish on a short-term contract to turn things around may work in the long run should he be able to get the team winning again and if Ashley can't find a satisfactory buyer.

Like Des Hamilton and Carl Serrant?

No thanks.

No thanks.

not to mention Garry Brady, ,Bjarni Gudjonsson,Robinson,Coppinger and of course Brian Pinas

No thanks.

not to mention Garry Brady, ,Bjarni Gudjonsson,Robinson,Coppinger and of course Brian Pinas

And Shay Given.

I didn't say that it worked, but the general idea was pretty similar to what Ashley appears to have wanted.