Kenny Dalglish

Tooj

The injury to Shearer ruined any hope that Dalglish had for his only full season in charge, something happened behind the scenes for him to leave in the end too which we never found out about as you don't spend £10 million in the transfer market before sacking your manager 2 games into the season after picking up 2 points.

Just think at how he would solve all our defensive problems.

yep, defensive negative football,sideways passing like in the old Dalglish days at NUFC.....we played some of the most boring negative football I`ve witnessed when that muppet was in charge (when he brought in his own players)

Sigh..... he completely destroyed that team when all that was needed was 2 decent centre halves :'(

If only Sir Bobby hadn`t turned us down that time for his loyalty to Barca how things might have turned out different

I was talking about Bernard and his watch.

Just think at how he would solve all our defensive problems.

yep, defensive negative football,sideways passing like in the old Dalglish days at NUFC.....we played some of the most boring negative football I`ve witnessed when that muppet was in charge (when he brought in his own players)

Sigh..... he completely destroyed that team when all that was needed was 2 decent centre halves :'(

If only Sir Bobby hadn`t turned us down that time for his loyalty to Barca how things might have turned out different

Aye, I remember when KD took over from KK - actually thought he would be the perfect man for the job - we were sitting there/thereabouts top of the Premiership (I think), and after KK losing it to Fergie at the end of the previous season, we now had a manager who had 'been there - done it' with Liverpool and Blackburn, and someone who wouldn't be phased by Fergies mindgames.

But, it just didn't work out!

His 'Dads Army' signings (Pearce, Barnes, Rush) didn't help much either!

do you ever wonder why he brought them in ? (and pearce and barnes owe us nothing from there time here)

God that would be a weird appointment.  Not the worst idea, but just so strange and surreal. 

It would be like KD is just stalking KK, third time he would have followed in his footsteps.

could be argued on 1 of them he out done keegan aswell

Would be suprised if he didnt want another crack at it, certainly would have alot to prove after last time.

Been out of the game longer than Keegan though, which shouldnt matter if he is just interim and coaching for the short term.

He had a very tough job thrust upon him the first time, was always going to be hard following Keegan as Im sure will be the case again. He also had to rebuild the youth and reserve teams Keegan had abolished before his exit.

Players respect him and he would probably settle the ship. Would be insane if not odd if he came back again but nothing is a suprise anymore!

His last management job was in some TV charity thing a couple of weeks back. Sorry, getting old so I can't remember the outcome, and therefore cannot comment on his existing management prowess or otherwise, but he looked old and haggard and like he probably pisses himself now.

The injury to Shearer ruined any hope that Dalglish had for his only full season in charge, something happened behind the scenes for him to leave in the end too which we never found out about as you don't spend £10 million in the transfer market before sacking your manager 2 games into the season after picking up 2 points.

This is what I heard, and stress this is ALLEGEDLY what happened(!)....

He fell out big-style with Fletcher just before the season when he got sacked ; he had arranged a deal to sell Gillespie to Boro for 3.5m, but when NUFC were taking part in a pre-season tournament AT Boro, Fletcher allegedly let the Press think that Gillespie's ankle injury was going to finish his career - naturally, Boro had little choice to but pull out of the deal in case it rebounded on them, and Dalglish was furious as he had set up a deal to buy another player with the Gillespie fee.

The following day(a Monday), Dalglish had a storming confrontation with Fletcher(they are 2 Glaswegians, so you can get the picture)which supposedly got very nasty indeed....

He was a marked man from then on(Fletcher was CEO then)and was fired 2 games into the season ; we hadn't lost EITHER of them, so make up your own mind..!!

Dalglish was furious as he had set up a deal to buy another player with the Gillespie fee.

wonder who that was......Ray Houghton?

This is what I heard, and stress this is ALLEGEDLY what happened(!)....

He fell out big-style with Fletcher just before the season when he got sacked ; he had arranged a deal to sell Gillespie to Boro for 3.5m, but when NUFC were taking part in a pre-season tournament AT Boro, Fletcher allegedly let the Press think that Gillespie's ankle injury was going to finish his career - naturally, Boro had little choice to but pull out of the deal in case it rebounded on them, and Dalglish was furious as he had set up a deal to buy another player with the Gillespie fee.

The following day(a Monday), Dalglish had a storming confrontation with Fletcher(they are 2 Glaswegians, so you can get the picture)which supposedly got very nasty indeed....

He was a marked man from then on(Fletcher was CEO then)and was fired 2 games into the season ; we hadn't lost EITHER of them, so make up your own mind..!!

That's my recollection of the story as well. I do think the sub-agenda was that Dalglish was under a lot of pressure, the team weren't playing well, he wasn't enjoying himself and wasn't too bothered if he got the sack.

Lol !!!!! Wise poyet and Kenny......You people will belive any old s***!!!!  Just take one second to think. 

Wise -  Said he does not want to manage becasue he get more time with his kids and can stay down london

Poyet -  Loves spurs and ramos right hand man and seems to be loving it.

Kenny - Not linked to any clubs for ages no real qotes from him etc

And you lot eat it up  :laugh:

Funnily enough, as yet, nobody has mentioned Ossie Ardiles or Jack Charlton.

But then again... I suppos Jim Smith would always be a possibility...

He's no older now than SBR was when he managed here.

Guest thommo78

I know his hands were tied with trying to balance the books and selling Ferdinand was a big mistake...but I remeber the football being awful under Dagleish!!!