Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Stay at Villa for another few years and retire as a club legend or join the travelling circus that is Man Citeh for the cash? Hmmm. His decision shows what kind of person he is.

I could see why he'd think Liverpool were too good an offer to turn down for sporting reasons but City is just pathetic really.

Guest firetotheworks

Still think they'll be way off the top 4. Simply because Wenger, Moyes, O'Neil > Hughes.

FYP.

Goes without saying.

To be fair to City, Robinho and the ridiculous bid for Kaka (that was never going to come off) apart they've gone for sensible players and spent sensible money on them. They could have easily paid much more for Bridge/Bellamy/Given/Barry than they have.

I still dislike the idea of buying up all the good ready-made players though in an attempt to progress though, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if it was us tbh. Shallow as fuck.

To be fair to City, Robinho and the ridiculous bid for Kaka (that was never going to come off) apart they've gone for sensible players and spent sensible money on them. They could have easily paid much more for Bridge/Bellamy/Given/Barry than they have.

I still dislike the idea of buying up all the good ready-made players though in an attempt to progress though, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about it if it was us tbh. Shallow as fuck.

It's what we've been doing for years (on a smaller scale) without any success and are suffering for it.

I actually respected Barry for getting on with his job this season in spite of the rumours last summer. If he'd have gone to any of the top 4, fair enough.

This is a total shambles. Twat.

Guest kingdawson

said he wanted champs league football and he's off to city who are not even in europe ffs

tells you everything about him

He just took a major dump on Villa and not even had the decency to wipe his arse.

How would he figuratively "Wipe his arse" in this situation?

go to a better team and not just go for the money.

Bingo.

p.s. that doesn't mean G.Barry isn't in it for the money, but no-one ever considers that he could see Man City as a club with a much greater chance of achieving a top 4 place, as tbh Aston Villa aren't going to get there anytime soon.

In the summer he said he wanted to go to Liverpool and it was purely about wanting CL football, nothing to do with money

He's just gone to Man City, who won't be playing any type of European football next season, without even seeing if the Liverpool interest materialised again.

I wonder what could have changed his mind.

Guest wshmag

Transfer done. Barry is a City player. SSN.

Well I didn't see that coming. 12 mil is pretty cheap as well!

the wages will be astronomical, though, the horrible cunt.

Don't think you can blame Barry tbh. Not just a big payday, but with the likes of Given, Bridge, Ireland, De Jong, Kompany, Barry, Robinho, and undoubtably some more big signings to come, they have the potential certainly to push 5th place if not even push Arsenal for 4th.

Kaka to Madrid for £56m according to the ever reliable Spanish radio.

Brazilian playmaker Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a £56m deal, Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reports. (Agence France Presse 1956 BST)

p.s. that doesn't mean G.Barry isn't in it for the money, but no-one ever considers that he could see Man City as a club with a much greater chance of achieving a top 4 place, as tbh Aston Villa aren't going to get there anytime soon.

In the summer he said he wanted to go to Liverpool and it was purely about wanting CL football, nothing to do with money

He's just gone to Man City, who won't be playing any type of European football next season, without even seeing if the Liverpool interest materialised again.

I wonder what could have changed his mind.

Quite.

Guest wshmag

Don't think you can blame Barry tbh. Not just a big payday, but with the likes of Given, Bridge, Ireland, De Jong, Kompany, Barry, Robinho, and undoubtably some more big signings to come, they have the potential certainly to push 5th place if not even push Arsenal for 4th.

which he was doing with aston villa - so in effect, it is just a big payday.

Kaka to Milan for £56m according to the ever reliable Spanish radio.

Brazilian playmaker Kaka has signed for Real Madrid in a £56m deal, Spanish radio station Cadena Ser reports. (Agence France Presse 1956 BST)

:lol:

Damn you edited it

which he was doing with aston villa - so in effect, it is just a big payday.

I would put money on City finishing 4th long before Spurs, Villa & Everton do.

Stay at Villa for another few years and retire as a club legend or join the travelling circus that is Man Citeh for the cash? Hmmm. His decision shows what kind of person he is.

Thought that was about Shay Given for a second...