Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest elbee909

Liverpool 2009/2010 > all of Aston Villas history as a club though.

Does that include Villa's European Cup? :)

Liverpool 2009/2010 > all of Aston Villas history as a club though.

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

Did I diss Inter at some point? My only football memory of Inter is us pissing all over them 2-0 in the UEFA CUp in 1991 (I closed my eyes and ears for the return leg).

Although I kept my eyes and ears profoundly open when we twatted them out of the same competition three years later. So that's two memories. Slain by the mightly Phil King.

Muhahhahaha!

EDIT shit, I forgot beating them 3-0 pre season last year.

Guest Heneage

I hope we do buy Tuncay.

He's exactly what we need, a slightly weaselesque player with a bit of guile about him. A Merson, an errr Benito Carbone.

Tuncay is far from a weasel. Very good player that does more than his fair share defensively.

Apparantly Liverpool are signing Tainio.

I'd laugh my rocks off if that deal gets through.

Guest wshmag

Heard a rumour Spurs might be in for Luca Toni. 32 years old and injury prone but still managed to be top scorer in the Bundesliga last season.

awesome footballer. a right fucking powerhouse.

Guest Stephen927

Heard a rumour Spurs might be in for Luca Toni. 32 years old and injury prone but still managed to be top scorer in the Bundesliga last season.

West Ham have been linked too.

Villa supposedly in for Wesley Sneijder if there's no bid from Inter.

Real paid €30m for him, and he is still pretty high rated so i believe they won't take on low bids for him, now tell me, how the hell is Villa gonna pay like €20-25m for this guy?

Do they have that money?

No idea.

Brummie?

Villa supposedly in for Wesley Sneijder if there's no bid from Inter.

Real paid €30m for him, and he is still pretty high rated so i believe they won't take on low bids for him, now tell me, how the hell is Villa gonna pay like €20-25m for this guy?

Do they have that money?

Gareth Barry money

Grafite was topscorer last season.

I stand corrected.

In fact, Toni was nowhere fucking near.

That article I read was talking shit by the sounds of it.

EDIT: He was Bayern's top scorer last season.  :thup:

And they got like £12m for Barry? that's a 4 million pound profit then, so the "Gareth Barry" money won't help.

Would like to hear Brummies view on this.

As i have understood his agent has said he won't be leaving Real (which of course probably is bullshit).

Without wanting to sound coarse, we've got shit loads of money, Lerner has made it clear to O'Neill he can basically spend as much as he wants (in fact, his fellow director General Krulak actually said openly 'if Martin wants 30m for a player, he can have it".

In fact, the word in informed circles is that if anything, Lerner is annoyed at O'Neill's reluctance to spend.

The money isn't the problem. It is persuading the player to come to a non CL team that is the issue.

Don't forget villa paid a fair sum for downing too.

That's it. If we spent 10m on a player in a position we're already pretty blessed in, on a player who can't play until January, that gives an indication of what sort of budget we have.

We're clearly nothing like Man City's budget, but then again, nobody is, but there is definitely a large sum of money there.

(incidentally, thus far it is Downing, Beye and Delph in, total 20, Barry and Knight out, total 16.5, so we've barely started spending yet).

We got a profit for Zat Knight. That's remarkable.