Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Would love Petrov. We don't have a left winger.

Piennar?

Sorry, I meant a proper left winger. Pienaar and Baines link up great at times, but it'd be great to have someone who will actually just bomb down the wing. Although in truth would prefer it on the other side, seeing Osman and Hibbert attempt to destroy sides is embarrassing.

Do you not rate Piennar then? I obviously don't watch Everton as much as you do, but I reckon he's a canny little player. Looked really good at the tail end of last season.

Oh, I really rate him. I'll hold my hands up and say he proved me wrong; start of last season I didn't expect much from him but he's turned into an extremely useful player, one of our best. What I'm saying is, he isn't a natural winger (pretty much always cuts inside onto his favoured right foot), and it'd be helpful to have a natural winger (perhaps from the bench) to offer something different.

Fair enough. Just thought it seemed awfully harsh to want someone to replace him.

Remember that I'm a Newcastle fan and we don't do squad depth here.

Eidur Gudjohnsen is joining AS Monaco from Barcelona on a free transfer according to French and Icelandic media. Strange transfer IMO, he could do better. And if you believe the media he has rejected offers from Man City, West Ham and Stoke.

Our press is saying the same. No quotes or source though. Strange business for him, shitty business for us (why am I not surprised).

Eidur Gudjohnsen is joining AS Monaco from Barcelona on a free transfer according to French and Icelandic media. Strange transfer IMO, he could do better. And if you believe the media he has rejected offers from Man City, West Ham and Stoke.

Our press is saying the same. No quotes or source though. Strange business for him, shitty business for us (why am I not surprised).

I've seen it all now when a Barcelona fan is bemoaning his club at the loss of a fringe player.

I've seen it all now when a Barcelona fan is bemoaning his club at the loss of a fringe player.

It's not the loss on itself (his playing time is better used for youngsters), but the fact how we are absolutely uncapable of doing any kind of good business regarding transfers. Even Real was able to get 5m for Saviola. We have to even pay the fuel to drive the player to his next club. And it's always, always like that.

It's not the loss on itself (his playing time is better used for youngsters), but the fact how we are absolutely uncapable of doing any kind of good business regarding transfers. Even Real was able to get 5m for Saviola. We have to even pay the fuel to drive the player to his next club. And it's always, always like that.

How much did you get for Ronaldinho?

How much did you get for Ronaldinho?

€20m+5m in clauses (not sure if they triggered). Actually that was ok business. Rivaldo, for example, went on a free after a similar falling from grace.

It's a strange one letting Gudjohnsen, who's still only 30, go on a free considering he was bout for about £10m only 3 years ago.

Yes he won't be getting a sniff at first team football now he's behind Bojan and Pedro Rodriquez, but he easily could have went to another team for around €4m.  Wasn't Allardyce enquiring about him at the tail end of last season?

Being said on the forums that Bentley could be a Villa player by this time tomorrow..........

Even with Modric fubared? Bentley could do a job for Tottenham now.

Bids are in for Krancjar and Petrov, nothing agreed yet.  Another bid for Muntari, straight cash, Mourinho wants JJ included, Osman Chavez said to be joining on loan.  If that lot is true, and it's not being said by just one person, then Arry really has got his wheeling and dealing hat on.

Oh, also being said Gio is going back to Ipswich.  No official statement but the OS is listing him as gone for a second spell for 09/10 season.

Stop. right. there.

You must be the worlds biggest f***ing dunce if for ONE MINUTE you actually buy the medias bullshit claims about Arry being a "real ducker and diver in the transfer market who can wheel and deal some bargains". He's spaffed a f***ing mountain of cash up the wall at Spurs and no-one ever seems to notice it.

I mean, the likes of Bassong £10m, Palacios £12m, Defoe £8m(?), Keane £14m, Chimbonda £2m, Crouch £11m must have involved some real ducking and diving. But he's a real wheeler dealer, gets some cheap bargains in does Arry.

He's spaffed stupid amounts of money up the wall on s*** players for a while now, he does make some good buys but this whole wheeler dealer image is a load of cobblers. Let's also not forget the purchase of Utaka for £6m whilst at Pompey who was, and still is, f***ing clueless.

Redknapp's spending pretty much sunk Portsmouth as well, look at where they are now after his big signing spree down there.

They have made a profit on pretty much every player he signed though isn't that right?  not to mention winning the FA Cup.

Bankrupted them with wages.

Storrie said he completed transfers after the players had been identified by Redknapp, presumably that included Storrie agreeing wages etc.  Anyway, it would all be academic with regard to Spurs as Levy has total control of the purse strings.  The cost of the new stadium may bankrupt Spurs but players' wages won't.

Incidentally, L'Equipe are reporting that Spurs have offered €6m plus Jenas for Muntari.  I'd be happy with that.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Allos/TRANSFERT.html

It's a strange one letting Gudjohnsen, who's still only 30, go on a free considering he was bout for about £10m only 3 years ago.

Yes he won't be getting a sniff at first team football now he's behind Bojan and Pedro Rodriquez, but he easily could have went to another team for around €4m.  Wasn't Allardyce enquiring about him at the tail end of last season?

Problem has been his wages. I assume only way Monaco would have him on his books is on a free.

Incidentally, L'Equipe are reporting that Spurs have offered €6m plus Jenas for Muntari.  I'd be happy with that.

I'd be delighted with that. Spurs pissing away £5m AND a player for a player who can't pass, shoot, cross, or think on his feet.  :laugh:

Dude, Muntari aint that bad.

Muntari>>>Jenas

He's one of the thickest players I've ever forced myself to watch... he's in great shape, but that's about all he has to offer. Even in an Inter side that just thumped Milan 4-0 he still looks gash.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have Jenas. Jenas+£5m for that oaf is an absolute joke. I really hope the deal goes through. I'll laugh my tits off.

I'd be delighted with that. Spurs pissing away £5m AND a player for a player who can't pass, shoot, cross, or think on his feet.  :laugh:

Muntari>>>Jenas

He's one of the thickest players I've ever forced myself to watch... he's in great shape, but that's about all he has to offer. Even in an Inter side that just thumped Milan 4-0 he still looks gash.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather have Jenas. Jenas+£5m for that oaf is an absolute joke. I really hope the deal goes through. I'll laugh my tits off.

Jenas is a far better footballer than Muntari.Muntari is a better athlete though.

Guest kingdawson

Incidentally, L'Equipe are reporting that Spurs have offered 6m plus Jenas for Muntari.  I'd be happy with that.

Thank you. Would be the worst bit of business since we signed Bentley. Muntari ffs.

Rangers willing to let Kris Boyd go, and yet he's turned down Trabzonspor & Hertha Berlin.

Seriously, why? He'll get a crap Premiership/Championship club at best if he's holding out for England, might as well try his luck elsewhere.

Muntari>>>Jenas

Jenas is a far better footballer than Muntari.Muntari is a better athlete though.

That's about the sum total of it. I can understand why 'Arry wants to put someone physical into the middle of the park but at that price AND losing Jenas you'd have to say it's a VERY good deal for Inter.

He could get the same physical qualities for half the price if he shops around in Ligue 1.