Other clubs' transfers

Dave

James Collins to Aston Villa. Average as f***.

Fourth choice centre back behind Davies, Cuellar and Dunne?

Who is Everton's fourth choice centre back? Or Spurs's?

King, Woodgate, Bassong, Dawson........so Dawson.

I rest my case.

And as the first two on that list spend a month on the physio table every time someone so much as sneezes on them, you could probably do with a few more just in case.

Incidentally, word has it that Harry tried to hijack the Dunne deal this afternoon.

Guest Stephen927

Dunne had a poor season last year but before that he was Citeh's player a few years running iirc. Really turned his career round.

This.

Before that he was being hailed a quality centre half.

I'd be very surprised if Bassong gets benched to accomodate Woodgate

James Collins to Aston Villa. Average as fuck.

Aston Villa = England B Team

o'neill has spent over 130 million on a team that doesn't include 1 class player imo, (ashley young is overated massively imo)

Well, if you think James Collins is going to be getting in the England B team anytime soon, i can suggest a rather large geographical reason he won't.

MON's transfer activity is bewildering, but Ashley Young and John Carew are class players by any definition.

He can also point to the consecutive top six finishes as evidence that, whatever it is that goes through his slightly odd head, it works.

Aye, i think though, and i think from your previous posts you would agree, that if he sometimes brought a few players from abroad you could be REALLY challenging for top 4 and even better than you did last season!

Yes, I absolutely agree.

I rest my case.

And as the first two on that list spend a month on the physio table every time someone so much as sneezes on them, you could probably do with a few more just in case.

Incidentally, word has it that Harry tried to hijack the Dunne deal this afternoon.

Woodgate's less injury prone now is he not? Sure he barely missed a game for Boro, thought he was similar for Spurs. Much improved (fitness wise) since he played for us, anyway. Could be wrong mind.

But, theoretically, how often will your first choice pairing play together?

They did a lot last season. This season we won't need to push them as we have other options.

Anyway i'd rather a crippled Ledley King than that sideshow Dunne.

:kasper: I don't think he is as bad as people think.

Dunne still has quality in him.

Looks slower and mentally out of it, a change could really do him good. Think maybe he feels staying was a big mistake and knows after the big money players came in he was surplus to requirements.

If MON can get him motivated and leaner, then it could be a really good signing for them.

I've never rated Richard Dunne, honestly. He's too slow off the mark and he tends to make a lot of rash judgements which is a shit attribute for a central defender to have, resulting in a fair few own goals and red cards. He is good in the air tbf to him, and fairly decent positionally, but he just doesn't have the mental attributes to be a top 6 defender, in my opinion.

Guest kingdawson

I rest my case.

I don't believe that tbh.

As i said, i'd rather we have just 2 cb's than have Dunne in the squad. That guy single handedly cost City double figures in points last season. Our match against them at the COM was particularly pleasing when he decided to hand Bent a goal on a plate then get himself sent off :lol:. At least with 2 cb's there's no danger of relying on a clown like Dunne.

Guest kingdawson

But, theoretically, how often will your first choice pairing play together?

They did a lot last season. This season we won't need to push them as we have other options.

Anyway i'd rather a crippled Ledley King than that sideshow Dunne.

:kasper: I don't think he is as bad as people think.

He was the worst centre back by far in the premiership last season. He was beyond bad and any City fan would admit that. If easy targets like Anton Ferdinand, Dawson , Coloccini or Bramble had the sort of season he did, they'd be getting linked with moves to Colchester right now.

I've never rated Richard Dunne, honestly. He's too slow off the mark and he tends to make a lot of rash judgements which is a s*** attribute for a central defender to have, resulting in a fair few own goals and red cards. He is good in the air tbf to him, and fairly decent positionally, but he just doesn't have the mental attributes to be a top 6 defender, in my opinion.

His mental attributes are fine, he's just slow, clumsy and lacking in ability with the ball at his feet, doesn't mean he's a bad defender though.

At least with 2 cb's there's no danger of relying on a clown like Dunne.

Errm, show me the stunning feat of logic that lead you to arrive at that conclusion?

Mind you, I suppose you could always play one of your 14,000 right backs there.

Incidentally, a quick glance at mancityfans.net shows a slightly different opinion of Dunne to that expressed by your good self.

As if he'd go to be fourth choice centre back. Wasn't he first choice at West Ham?

Guest kingdawson

At least with 2 cb's there's no danger of relying on a clown like Dunne.

Errm, show me the stunning feat of logic that lead you to arrive at that conclusion?

Mind you, I suppose you could always play one of your 14,000 right backs there.

Incidentally, a quick glance at mancityfans.net shows a slightly different opinion of Dunne to that expressed by your good self.

We have players like Huddlestone and Corluka that can play cb if need be. I'd play anyone but Richard 'makes 3 mistakes a game' Dunne is the point i'm making and if we have to sacrifice and go with 2 cb's, i'd gladly do that if it means we stay clear of Dunne.

The fans on Mancityfans.net are probably being sentimental about his departure being that he's been at the club for a while. If you wen't on GG when Anthony Gardner left you'd see quite a few positive comments ( in actual fact he's a total donkey). If you visited Bluemoon last season you'd have seen what they really thought of that overweight embarrassment of a premiership footballer.

As if he'd go to be fourth choice centre back. Wasn't he first choice at West Ham?

Well, we've got Cuellar, Davies, Dunne and Collins. Collins is the cheapest and Cuellar and Davies currently have the shirts.

Well, we've got Cuellar, Davies, Dunne and Collins. Collins is the cheapest and Cuellar and Davies currently have the shirts.

But this means MON will have to PLAY his fullbacks! AT FULLBACK!

Your squad is solid, but unspectacular. If MON had balls and made one or two marquee signings, you'd be like  :kasper:.

I don't disagree.

I'm just reacting to the usual spectacle of Spurs fans spending the entire window travelling the internet, convincing other clubs fans that they're going to sign every man and his uncle (Robben? Van Der Vaart? Wasn't Levy in Madrid to bring those two back) and subtly criticising everyone else's.

Judging on the way these things generally tend to turn out, do they ever learn?

Incidentally, forget names like Robben, what happened to Ashley Young going there? And what about Fabian "him and his dad are guests of Spurs at Wembley today, done deal" Delph?

Thank fuck the window is closed, even if only so we don't have to put up with that delusional crap any more.