Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Kamara

Fortune

Keane

Samaras

way better than Rangers' striking pool. Boyd is maybe better than Fortune and possibly Samaras (arguably, not imo) but otherwise those four shat over all their other forwards.

Guest firetotheworks

I cant believe Keane has moved to Celtic at this stage tbh. Far, far too early imo, and still far, far too good for that league.

Guest firetotheworks

We could have had him for £3m under Souness but he said he wanted a 'better' player.

Tbf, Anelka is a better player. To think we got Owen though, and had we not got him we'd have tried for Torres. Honestly man, what a beautifully choreographed fuck up.

When we got Owen he was still one of the best strikers in the world, if not the biggest. It really shocked the whole football world that we had got him and everyone everywhere were shitting themselves over him and Shearer, a lot of people tipped us for the title. It's amazing how bad it turned out, though to be fair he was great for us before his injury against Spurs and then by the time he came back he was fucked again at the world cup, and Shearer had left the club at that point and the team wasn't the same and he just couldn't give a fuck anymore.

Guest Heneage

We could have had him for £3m under Souness but he said he wanted a 'better' player.

Tbf, Anelka is a better player. To think we got Owen though, and had we not got him we'd have tried for Torres. Honestly man, what a beautifully choreographed f*** up.

At the time you'd have said all three were better prospects than Keane though. We were happy to get anyone of them, we didn't forsee the lazyness of Owen, (Shepherd should have.) his potential poor injury record, and his general need for chances to be all but put on a plate for him.

Guest firetotheworks

Tbf, Anelka is a better player. To think we got Owen though, and had we not got him we'd have tried for Torres. Honestly man, what a beautifully choreographed f*** up.

At the time you'd have said all three were better prospects than Keane though. We were happy to get anyone of them, we didn't forsee the lazyness of Owen, (Shepherd should have.) his potential poor injury record, and his general need for chances to be all but put on a plate for him.

True. I would have been happy with Keane, but thought that we needed pace. At that time I (wrongly probably), and lot of people on here I remember wanted Saviola.

Why is it so unbelievable for an Irish player to play for celtic on loan? Isn't it every wee irish lad's dream?

Yeah just like playing for Liverpool was his dream. The Irish idea of support seems to be picking 5 clubs from different countries who just happen to win things most seasons.