Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I don't know where it comes from to be honest, hence me being worried. It's Laporta saying goodbye on a high, increasing his "legacy" leaving the financial mess to whoever comes after him (who'll get blamed for not having funds). c***.

Arda = cover for Lennon? seems excessive though when you have Krancjar, Bale, Lennon, Bentley and at a push Modric who can all work the wings. Not to mention yoof like Bostock and Rose.

Modric will be off to Chelsea I think. Arda will replace him at Spurs.

Arda = cover for Lennon? seems excessive though when you have Krancjar, Bale, Lennon, Bentley and at a push Modric who can all work the wings. Not to mention yoof like Bostock and Rose.

Modric doesn't fit into the Chelsea mould at all. Can't see it, not physical enough.

Modric doesn't fit into the Chelsea mould at all. Can't see it, not physical enough.

i heard a modric to munich rumour.

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

If only they could build a team around youth products like Madrid or Chelsea.

I know everyone wanks over Barca, but the amount of money they splash out is sickening sometimes.

Yeah, the money spent on Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Bojan and Pedro was way ott.

I love you  :lol:

We splash the cash a lot to be honest, funny thing is that our signings tend to flop quite a bit so the kids have to bail us out. Hope the next DoF is a bit better at wheeling and dealing.

I kinda like Pellegrini, hasn't done a bad job at all.

They can't complain on their league performance (their best of all time), and they were just a bit of luck away from progressing on the CL. I think they should stick with a manager for once, although I can see Mou doing a great job there since he's a great manager. We'll see how the Bernabéu reacts however, they sacked Capello twice for not being attacking enough after winning them titles.

They just need stability and with the team they have I honestly can't see them not winning anything in the next few seasons.

Other assorted rumors coming from Spain.

Wenger might be looking to invest some of the potential money of Cesc's transfer in getting Reina from Liverpool.

Madrid to buy Negredo back from Sevilla for €17m, to potentially include him in some big money transfer.

Rolando Bianchi to Atlético to replace Agüero if he's sold.

Gignac to Valencia to replace Villa.

Silva to Manchester United if Mourinho doesn't approve his signing for Madrid. Additionaly, Diario As says that Mourinho has already given a list of transfer targets to Florentino Pérez: Di María, David Luiz and Coentrao (I highly doubt it).

Guest kingdawson

Modric will be off to Chelsea I hope. Arda will replace him at Spurs.

FYP :thup:

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

Guest kingdawson

Spurs are already getting Sandro too aren't they?? Their squad will be outrageous next season  :weep:

Yeh Sandro is signed and sealed. Have never seen him play but comes with a lot of hype so we'll see.

Guest kingdawson

Turkish tv reporting we've signed Arda Turan for 5m and Dos Santos.

That's it for Bentley then?

I'd imagine so. Thing is, Redknapp was talking about how he'd want us to play 4-5-1 in the papers not that long ago. For that we'd need a new striker but i'm thinking he wants to introduce some sort of variation of the 4-5-1

-------------------------Huddlestone----------Palacios(sandro)----------------

---Lennon--------------------------Modric--------------------------------Arda--

----------------------------------------NEW----------------------------------------

Modric as the most attack minded central midfielder in a 4-5-1 would be devastating imho, akin to when Rijkaard released Xavi playing him in that position. I'm a bit of a Modric fanboi, though.

Plus it means Palacios never has to venture into the opponents half. Don't get me wrong, he's a great defender but 1 goal and 1 assist in 33 games isn't a great return for a midfielder.

EDIT: Looking into it a bit more he has 1 club career goal and 3 career assists :lol:

€35M on Dani Alves, €50M+Eto'o on Ibra, €25M on Chrygyrnsgyhychrchrynski, €25M on Henry, €20M on Milito. Alot for Keirrison too, €15M? Now a reported €50M for Villa and €30-40 for Fabregas?

That's all in recent times too. However, I understand the youth system is incredible, yes, but I'm sure alot of money is put into it (well spent, mind).

Your best players are from the youth academy, this outrageous spending on players isn't necessary, many of your big signings flop anyway.

bit of catch 22 there though, if you have 6-7 academy graduates who are all of a very high standard what do you do, not sign 'marquis' players on principle?  patch the squad up with cheap fillers and hope the academy lads can run the whole season?  niet

barca have it spot on imo...it's not like they're paying what they did for ibra and never gonna get any money back if they move him on, henry's the only example of that really and he was a good signing for them at the time

they probably pay over the odds but then so do all of the top clubs

man u are a good example this season of what happens when the ronaldos and tevezs of this world leave and get replaced with the machedas, owens and valencias...they fall short

Spurs are already getting Sandro too aren't they?? Their squad will be outrageous next season  :weep:

Yeh Sandro is signed and sealed. Have never seen him play but comes with a lot of hype so we'll see.

on another forum,  Brazilian fans say he's kind of average.....no better than Lucas Leiva (coming fom Internacional fans) but he has does have some leadership qualities about him.

Turkish tv reporting we've signed Arda Turan for 5m and Dos Santos.

That's it for Bentley then?

I'd imagine so. Thing is, Redknapp was talking about how he'd want us to play 4-5-1 in the papers not that long ago. For that we'd need a new striker but i'm thinking he wants to introduce some sort of variation of the 4-5-1

-------------------------Huddlestone----------Palacios(sandro)----------------

---Lennon--------------------------Modric--------------------------------Arda--

----------------------------------------NEW----------------------------------------

Can't see Spurs not playing 4-4-2 at home. Can't see any of your strikers working as a lone man in 4-5-1 especially Defoe.