Other clubs' transfers

Dave

What happened to the vetting process or whatever it's called? Surely this can't be for the good of the club that they have some clueless foreigners in charge?

Now that fat heed has been sacked I find myself feeling a bit of sympathy for Blackburn.  I never thought we'd see owners in the premiership who made Ashley and Llambias look competent, but this lot do it with a bit of room to spare.

Last I heard there was a "fit and proper persons" test, which prevented that Thai bloke from taking over Man City (along with him facing arrest I believe), but christ knows what the criteria is to let his lot in.

On the plus side - at least we are not the laughing stock of the premier league (for now).

Huseklepp to Celtic for just £1m. Cannot believe we've continually not bought this kid.

Norway international Erik Huseklepp set to become latest Viking Celt at Parkhead

Celtic ere last night closing in on the signature of Norwegian international striker Erik Huseklepp. Reports in Norway say Brann management will meet Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell in Glasgow today to thrash out the details of a £1million deal. If agreement is reached, the 6ft 2in forward will follow for talks on a switch to Parkhead after attracting the attention of a raft of overseas clubs.

The 26-year-old scored his first goal for Norway in a 4-0 rout of Scotland in Oslo last year. After scoring twice against France and notching a winner against Portugal, the former left winger has caught the eye of Le Mans, Mainz and FC Copenhagen, as well as Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle, Stoke and Nottingham Forest.

Celtic, however, are keen to steal a march on rival suitors to pursue a cut-price deal for Huseklepp. Brann are expected to make just £500,000 profit on the transfer after a unique agreement saw investment company Hardball pay half the fee when the striker joined them from minnows Fyllingen in 2005.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344170/Norway-international-Erik-Huseklepp-set-latest-Viking-Celt-Parkhead.html?

Guest Stephen927

Must be a reason that a) he's only going to Celtic and b) the fee's only £1m?

That's what I was thinking.

Must be a reason that a) he's only going to Celtic and b) the fee's only £1m?

Brann being broke and Huseklepp being the most highly paid player at the club. He's far too good for the Scottish league. And probably not the right kind of player.

Also, Celtic is a bigger stepping stone to bigger clubs than staying in Brann. I don't think he'll stay for more than one and a half season before going to a bigger club. He just needs to prove himself in a "bigger" league than the Norwegian first.

Gaby Milito wants out and has asked to be loaned out this window.

Cunt spends the good part of the past three years chatting up the nurses at the club's infirmary while picking up wages and now this.

We'll have him.

Kyle Walker going on loan to Villa for the rest of the season.

Aye they need some experience :undecided:

We pulled him out of QPR so that he can get PL experience.  Villa are happy to provide it.

Woodgate wants to go on loan to Leeds, Spurs want him to go to  QPR.