Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Every time you think you don't need a goalkeeper Fabregash, just watch Carroll's goal against you over and over and over again. You'll soon realise.

That was terrible, he hadn't played a lot then and he was always in and out of the side and you could see a clear lack of confidence in his game, since then he has been the clear 'number 1' and since he's known that himself he has really grown in confidence and honestly now that Almunia is away from the team the real errors are coming from defence (mainly Squillaci, a little bit of Koscielny) and i think if we brought in one of Jagielka/Cahill/Shawcross (and played them alongside Djourou) we could win the league this season and most certainly next with Vermaelen back.

If Arsenal signed Given and Hangeland/Samba to play alongside Vermaelen they would win the league imo.

Just a defender and we'd do it this year. Without we'd need a lot of luck.

How quick is Vermaelen?

Decent, he has enough pace to deal with most.

There is the Cygan scale i think we should judge all our defenders by now, since Cygan we've only had one defender worse than him, Squillaci.  :facepalm:

Guest kingdawson

Why they signed Squillaci is beyond me, couldn't think of many defenders less suited to the PL and he wasn't particularly great in Spain to begin with.

Every time i saw him at Sevilla he was horse shit. It was painfully obvious he was going to fail at Arsenal.

Hoe are henrique n carcares doing ?

Henrique is a mainstay for Racing, which isn't saying much since they are a s*** team, but they do keep it tight. Cáceres isn't doing so well at Sevilla, although he's playing quite a bit thanks to the fact that he can slot at right back too. Sevilla has been a bit messy this season though, their midfield in particular isn't doing a good job of shielding the defence, something that they used to be great at.