Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Nice bit of shit-stirring from Taggart: -

Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson on ESPN: "The first half we were battered and we couldn't handle Charlie Adam, his corner kicks are worth £10m."

You'll have to up that transfer bid a bit more now Liverpool.

Quality from Fergie.  :lol:

Man Utd manager Sir Alex Ferguson on ESPN: "The first half we were battered and we couldn't handle Charlie Adam, his corner kicks are worth £10m."

:lol: that is good like.

:lol:

Boss from Fergie :lol:

Regarding VAT, the way release clauses work in Spain if it's a hostile buy the selling club can claim VAT since it's the player who's supposedly paying the fee, not the buying club.

They can claim the VAT, but they'll only have to hand it over in any case, surely?

Regarding VAT, the way release clauses work in Spain if it's a hostile buy the selling club can claim VAT since it's the player who's supposedly paying the fee, not the buying club.

They can claim the VAT, but they'll only have to hand it over in any case, surely?

Yeah, it will go to the state. In most cases the selling club just agrees to accept a bid for the value of the clause instead of having the player actually triggering it, since they won't be seeing any extra money anyway. But in truly hostile player buys it's a way to defend themselves and increase costs for the buyer. We claimed tax in the Figo sale for example.

I guess Holloway gave him red wine then, instead of the white he was thinking about.

Yeah, it will go to the state. In most cases the selling club just agrees to accept a bid for the value of the clause instead of having the player actually triggering it, since they won't be seeing any extra money anyway. But in truly hostile player buys it's a way to defend themselves and increase costs for the buyer. We claimed tax in the Figo sale for example.

But surely the buying club pays the VAT, they claim it back?

God. I'm talking about EU state VAT on a Newcastle forum not long before midnight on a work night. I need to get my life back in order.

Nonono...the trick is that it's the player who is paying the fee, not the club. If a player wants to use his release clause to leave a club, it's him who has to pay his employer under our sports law. The buying club will give him the funds, including VAT, under whatever formula (since this will accrue even more taxes for the player) but the buying club won't be able to claim VAT since they haven't paid it directly, and the player can't either.

Now, in most transfers this doesn't happen since there's a gentlemen's agreement between Spanish clubs to just accept bids that are equal to the release clause, and save on tax costs. But if a seller wants to resist the sale, forcing the player to trigger the clause with all the added tax costs is a way to increase the cost for the buying club.

I'm not a tax law expert at all, mind, but that's how I have been told it works (and in particular the whole 'it's actually the player who pays the release fee' angle to it it's true)

Oxlade-Chamberlaine has apparently said that he is joining Arsenal on Facebook, reading what the Southampton writer has said about him he seems very exciting! Rosicky and Arshavin might as well leave in the Summer now.

Oxlade-Chamberlaine has apparently said that he is joining Arsenal on Facebook, reading what the Southampton writer has said about him he seems very exciting! Rosicky and Arshavin might as well leave in the Summer now.

Isn't Rosicky pretty much spent now? I've never been that impressed since his return.

Bilbao ready to spunk €8m rising to €10m in wonderkid Ander Herrera. Villarreal also in the running. This kid can be a star but needs a move.

Nice, that's what I did on FM with Bilbao.

There isn't much to choose from to be frank :lol:

Bilbao always splash big for Basque players. €12m for Roberto Ríos in the mid-90 :lol:

Isn't Rosicky pretty much spent now? I've never been that impressed since his return.

He's still got his obvious qualities his touch and passes are still there but it just seems like there won't be an end product from him, shame he came in and looked class but i suppose that is what 18 months of constant injuries and being out of the game does for you, i think he could do a job for a team though. Not one that is based in England though.

That fucking transfer countdown thing is ridiculous. 'Almost £60 million spent. And still 5 days left. Jizz. Jizz. Jizz.' You do remember that about £50 million of that was on 2 players? It's not like there's been some crazy merry go round of players ffs. Is this the shittest January transfer window ever? It really has been shockingly boring :lol: