Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Croatian news outlet Gol.hr say they can exclusively reveal that Arsenal have agreed a €15 million fee with Dinamo Zagreb for Šime Vrsaljko.

A lot of money considering we've already spent £10m on defenders this season. Hopefully he will be the one (i'm not dismissing Koscielny, i really think he's coming into the game and we've kept 5 clean sheets this month so far)

Guest bmoregeordie

Why didn't Villa spend this money at the beginning of the year, and keep Martin O'Neill? Now a 10M offer for our old friend Jermaine?

Why didn't Villa spend this money at the beginning of the year, and keep Martin O'Neill? Now a 10M offer for our old friend Jermaine?

Oh God, give me strength.

*head in hands*

And that's not even about the Jenas bit, that's *head in hands* as in I've just blown my head off, into my hands.

Jesus christ. Shall I? Or Brummie?

O'Neil was deemed (and rightly so) to have wasted a lot of money on high wages for players who weren't really doing anything. He was told to get rid of some of these players before he could have any more money.

Oxlade-Chamberlaine has apparently said that he is joining Arsenal on Facebook, reading what the Southampton writer has said about him he seems very exciting! Rosicky and Arshavin might as well leave in the Summer now.

I wouldn't get too excited, turns out it was some sort of frape by another academy player.

Jesus christ. Shall I? Or Brummie?

O'Neil was deemed (and rightly so) to have wasted a lot of money on high wages for players who weren't really doing anything. He was told to get rid of some of these players before he could have any more money.

He also, apparently, went to Lerner and had this conversation:

MON: "I want to sign Aiden McGeady"

RL: "What sort of price are we looking at?"

MON: "Whatever it takes"

Poor, wronged Saint Martin.

Brummie, can you tell me about the MON deal again please, why did you sack him when he could have done much better now with all the money?

No.

I can't face going through it again, honestly, I think I may cry.

Brummie, can you tell me about the MON deal again please, why did you sack him when he could have done much better now with all the money?

Such a nice bloke too.

"In many ways, O'Neill is too good a person for the game of football".

Henry Winter actually wrote that in the Torygraph shortly after he flounced off.

Guest kingdawson

Oh and it seems we've agreed a 6m fee with Spammers for Keane. Pav also looks like he's off so this all points to someone coming in.

I think it might be Forlan tbh.

Oh and it seems we've agreed a 6m fee with Spammers for Keane. Pav also looks like he's off so this all points to someone coming in.

Why would you sell Pav? For a team still in 3 competitions seems a bit ridiculous to do this in Jan? Still think he's better than Defoe.

Guest kingdawson

Why would you sell Pav? For a team still in 3 competitions seems a bit ridiculous to do this in Jan? Still think he's better than Defoe.

Well he was dropped from the 16 against you lot without having an injury. His agent says we're in talks with a few clubs so think it's bye bye Pav. I won't miss him much tbh. He's a class finisher, absolutely clinical, but he simply can't play away from home. It's like we're playing with 10 men when he starts away. He gets barged off the ball then hides for the rest of the game.

Providing his replacement is good, i'll be happy.

Well he was dropped from the 16 against you lot without having an injury. His agent says we're in talks with a few clubs so think it's bye bye Pav. I won't miss him much tbh. He's a class finisher, absolutely clinical, but he simply can't play away from home. It's like we're playing with 10 men when he starts away. He gets barged off the ball then hides for the rest of the game.

Providing his replacement is good, i'll be happy.

Pav wasn't dropped, he refused to travel as he said he had tightness in his calf or hamstring.  The medical team couldn't find anything wrong and he's been training since then.

Jermaine Jenas :lol:

£10 million :lol:

O'Hara is twice the player Jenas is, had one decent season at Spurs and then folded.

Should never have left us to be honest.

To even suggest £10m is just taking the piss, how can Spurs flog him for £10m, and sell Keane for somewhere between £6m-£7m?