Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's been unsettled (and crap) for a while though, still a surprising move at this point of the season.

I haven't seen league matches of him, only world cup matches. My impression of him is that he's a kind of player that could be invisible for large periods of a match before he pops up and scores a goal and that he doesn't contribute as much to the play outside the box. Consequently, he could do well for a good team that gives him the correct kind of passes inside the box. But if the team struggles, he's not the one that stand out and plays better than the rest..In other words, he's like Owen... Or am I completely off the mark?

Anyone heard about Luis Fabiano?

I remember when he managed to somehow slide and keep in an overhit pass on the far side, then in a few motions absolutely anihiliated the full-back and whipped in an absolutely perfect cross for Shearer to head home. Terrific work.

Lehmann on his way back to Arsenal :lol: :lol:

"To have someone here who hates me is just amazing. I know he hates me. If he was someone important to me, I would try to talk to him and see what the problem is. But he's not. So we don't talk" - If this is how Manuel Almunia felt about Jens Lehmann in 2008, he'll be delighted that the out-of-work goalkeeper, 82, is in talks to rejoin Arsenal

-Fiver

Lehmann on his way back to Arsenal :lol: :lol:

"To have someone here who hates me is just amazing. I know he hates me. If he was someone important to me, I would try to talk to him and see what the problem is. But he's not. So we don't talk" - If this is how Manuel Almunia felt about Jens Lehmann in 2008, he'll be delighted that the out-of-work goalkeeper, 82, is in talks to rejoin Arsenal

-Fiver

He's already been at and around Arsenal for a couple of months doing his coaching so i think either way he's facing him every day!

I'm pleased and if hasn't regressed too much i'd probably make him first choice for the rest of the season!

thanks  :lol: My german is a bit rusty.

Ash! your thoughts?

Lehman's another one of the many players who had that winning mentality that Wenger is yet to replace.

He certainly is. But he's not the answer, otherwise we should be knocking on Shearer's door tomorrow morning.

Lehman's another one of the many players who had that winning mentality that Wenger is yet to replace.

He certainly is. But he's not the answer, otherwise we should be knocking on Shearer's door tomorrow morning.

I never said he was the answer. It was more to do with the fact how Wenger still hasn't replaced him and several others.

Guest palnese

Wenger never replaced the likes of Lehmann, Vieira, Henry, Campbell. etc.

You need leaders in every department.

Is Wenger ever going to just put Arsenal's supposedly healthy financial state to good use and address their weaknesses properly? :lol:

You do know this isn't a transfer window? Right?

Wenger never replaced the likes of Lehmann, Vieira, Henry, Campbell. etc.

You need leaders in every department.

Agreed, they have lots of talented players but lack any real personality in the side. Even the experienced players all still seem young and mentally fragile imo.

I think Fabregas is an absolutely brilliant player but he doesn't scream captain to me.

Wenger revolutionised Arsenal 15 years ago and he's still one of the best managers around. But he's also an absolute idiot at times. JUST. BUY. A. GOALKEEPER.

6 years without a trophy, man. Stop being silly.

Is Wenger ever going to just put Arsenal's supposedly healthy financial state to good use and address their weaknesses properly? :lol:

You do know this isn't a transfer window? Right?

And you do realise there's been 6 windows since he left and you've never replaced him?