Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Saw something today that our old friend Tony Vetere has left Villa after 3 months, he was creditted with getting Darren Bent according to The Mirror.

We had Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere. Witch one did you mean?

Lehman's another one of the many players who had that winning mentality that Wenger is yet to replace.

He certainly is. But he's not the answer, otherwise we should be knocking on Shearer's door tomorrow morning.

I never said he was the answer. It was more to do with the fact how Wenger still hasn't replaced him and several others.

Oh right, then yeah :thup: I said the other day, they'll never be successful until they replace him and Campbell.

Despite all the positive stuff, Wenger seems very naive. Both tactically and in terms of his team selections.. Not saying I know more than him like but at times it's like he deliberately ignores his team's weaknesses / the opposition's strengths. Couple it with the players' general lack of determination and it's like I'm watching fucking Spurs from 3 years ago at times.

Lehman's another one of the many players who had that winning mentality that Wenger is yet to replace.

He certainly is. But he's not the answer, otherwise we should be knocking on Shearer's door tomorrow morning.

Did Shearer retire 6 months ago?

I saw Lehman a few times last season, he's still got a bit in the tank.

Lehmann on his way back to Arsenal :lol: :lol:

"To have someone here who hates me is just amazing. I know he hates me. If he was someone important to me, I would try to talk to him and see what the problem is. But he's not. So we don't talk" - If this is how Manuel Almunia felt about Jens Lehmann in 2008, he'll be delighted that the out-of-work goalkeeper, 82, is in talks to rejoin Arsenal

-Fiver

82 :lol:

It's not a transfer window, we can't be picky and we could do a lot worse! Personally i would have probably gone for Sorensen but doubt we could get him.

Last time I checked, we had a transfer window about a month and a half ago.

Can't see what the fuss is about. Lehmann is clearly going back to Arsenal as a short-term back-up possibly til the end of the season as we did with Srnicek. Sure beats having a teenager on the bench.

Although Arsenal is tight financially, Wenger should have made an exception and spent the cash on a really good goalkeeper. To say it's one of the most important position on the pitch is an understatement. Get a capable GK and he'll be settled for at least the next 10 years, possibly more.

Guest Stephen927

"This time I'm looking forward to my role on the bench, I will support Almunia. We can win the title"

:mackems:

3 points behind, their game in hand is against West Brom, it's not impossible.

"This time I'm looking forward to my role on the bench, I will support Almunia. We can win the title"

Mathematically it's possible. But they're mentally weak (4-4), susceptible to silly defeats, only have one way of playing and their goalkeeper/defence resembles Laurel & Hardy pushing a piano up the stairs. Even in this strange season, I don't see them as champions.

Guest Stephen927

Mathematically it's possible. But they're mentally weak (4-4), susceptible to silly defeats, only have one way of playing and their goalkeeper/defence resembles Laurel & Hardy pushing a piano up the stairs. Even in this strange season, I don't see them as champions.

The way they are this close so far into the season just highlights how daft Wenger was not to strengthen properly.

Guest palnese

They should go for Stephane Ruffier, will be as good as, if not better than Lloris in a couple of years.

They need a top class gk, not another prospect.