Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest geordienorway

Portsmouth have labelled reports linking them to Mauro Zarate as ‘complete and utter rubbish’.

The Argentinean youngster, whose eye-catching displays at Birmingham have attracted a host of top clubs according to Alex McLeish, is available for around £10 million from parent club Al-Saad.

Reports on Tuesday claimed the 21-year-old was in talks with FA Cup-winners Portsmouth, but chief executive Peter Storrie revealed nothing could be further from the truth.

“It's absolute rubbish, I don't know where this has come from,” Storrie told The News.

'He is not one we are looking at, without a doubt. There is no truth in these rumours at all. This is complete and utter rubbish.”

Zarate in talks with Portsmouth.

Has he changed into a 6ft 4 black lad

Arfa is a proper left winger, so I don't see how a Nasri signing would impact him. Nasri plays in a similar manner as Hleb (on the right side of midfield in a 4-4-2 or in the hole behind Adebayor in a 4-5-1), except he isn't actually afraid to score.

Arsenal do love their positionless midfielders.

Aulas says he has received three £12m bids for Ben Arfa. One from Arsenal, one from Marseille, and one from a less significant PL club. He wants Arfa to stay in French football so shall only accept the Marseille bid.

I suspect he is angling after the Premier League riches. If the insignificant club is us, we should see what happens if we throw in a few extra million...

Why would they sell one of their best players to one of their main rivals instead of abroad. Surely just keep him would be easier? Unless they have some new lad i am unaware of.

Why would they sell one of their best players to one of their main rivals instead of abroad. Surely just keep him would be easier? Unless they have some new lad i am unaware of.

Like I said, I think he is telling Arsenal and the other club (please be us) that we have to compete with Marseille trying to replace Nasri, such that they have to raise their stakes.

Nasri supposed to be having a medical for Arsenal this afternoon.

Ahh. Reading this all over atm.

Im so happy.

Quality player when ive seen him play has impressed.

Ben Arfa, Yaya Toure and Richards in now and im happy :p

Where would Ben Arfa fit in?

Somewhere between Woodgate and Dawson as he bangs in the goals  :razz:

Mr Wenger is known though for bringing in his "attacking midfielders" and playing them wide.

Ben Arfa has been coming off the bench for Lyon this term to play the wing and he can play that position Hleb has played alot this season behind Adebayor.

I only see Ben Arfa coming now if Hleb leaves. God forbid!

Seydou Keita is joining Barcelona from Sevilla for €14 million.

Sevilla have turned down an offer of €25 million for Dani Alves.

Liverpool and Juventus were in talks for Xabi Alonso yesterday morning, but Liverpool are trying to hold out for €20 million and Juventus are only wanting to pay €15 million.

Seydou Keita is joining Barcelona from Sevilla for €14 million.

Sevilla have turned down an offer of €25 million for Dani Alves.

Liverpool and Juventus were in talks for Xabi Alonso yesterday morning, but Liverpool are trying to hold out for €20 million and Juventus are only wanting to pay €15 million.

Keita will replace Yaya Toure, will he not? Seems pretty much like-for-like, so will open the door for him to join his big brother at Arsenal I suppose.

This summer looks like it's going to be a very, very busy one for a lot of big clubs.

Guest kingdawson

Yep it seems Yaya will be off to Arsenal.

On the subject of Ben Arfa, we agreed a fee for him 2 seasons ago, and he was all set to join, but Lyon went back on the deal. It could possibly be us again....

Am I the only one who's finding this thread far more entertaining than our own one, by the way?

And as far as Hleb goes, Diablo, he's away isn't he?

Rosicky is as good as him, anyway.

On the subject of Ben Arfa, we agreed a fee for him 2 seasons ago, and he was all set to join, but Lyon went back on the deal. It could possibly be us again....

Doubt you're in for him. We're not.

Am I the only one who's finding this thread far more entertaining than our own one, by the way?

And as far as Hleb goes, Diablo, he's away isn't he?

Rosicky is as good as him, anyway.

Nah, I'm with you on this one.  ;D

Guest kingdawson

Doubt you're in for him. We're not.

We were in for him 2 years ago.

Rosicky is good but not as good as Hleb imho. Scores more goals though.

He's incredibly underrated, if you ask me. They went to shite after he got injured against us (although I realise there were other things that played big roles in their dip in form).

Rosicky is good but not as good as Hleb imho. Scores more goals though.

He's incredibly underrated, if you ask me. They went to s**** after he got injured against us (although I realise there were other things that played big roles in their dip in form).

Arsenal got no credit this season whatsoever. I though they had a great season considering the losses of Eduardo, Sagna, Van Persie and Rosicky for very long periods. Not to mention the ACN denying them of Toure and Eboue for a good amount of time also.

Stoke City are signing 24 year old Senegalese international Guiranne N'Daw from Sochaux. He plays defensive midfield and featured 30 times scoring 3 goals with Sochaux last season.

Tomas Ujfalusi has arrived at Atletico Madrid from Fiorentina until 30/6/2011 on a free transfer. He follows the arrival of Johnny Heitinga from Ajax.

Patrick Kluivert is leaving Lille. Jean II Makoun could also be leaving with his destination likely to be England.

Francis Coquelin is also going to join Arsenal after passing his medical. He is a 17 year old midfielder from Laval.

Fiorentina have signed Felipe Melo from Almeria. The 25 year old Brazilian could cost up to €15 million.

Davide Lanzafame on loan to Bari from Juventus is likely to join Palermo, but there has been some interest from West Ham and he could make the move to the Premier League. He will speak to his parent club in order to find the best solution for all parties. Sebastian Giovinco (Empoli) is going to join Juventus.

its backwards logic

Think he said it was to keep French football competitive, which sounds pretty patronising. "we're sick of winning the league, please can somebody give us a challenge next time?" even though bordeaux ran them fairly close.