Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest king harry

Major rumours round merseyside that Liverpool might be signing Lescott  :laugh: i still think someone started it as a pisstake to wind everton up

Major rumours round merseyside that Liverpool might be signing Lescott  :laugh: i still think someone started it as a pisstake to wind everton up

Utter bollocks.

£10m was the rumour I heard :lol: No club could even buy his right boot for that, nevermind our rivals. I've only heard it the once though, hardly a major rumour. The Owen and Gera ones are a lot more widespread.

Considering Everton were in for him when he first signed for us I wouldn't be so sure they wouldn't be able to affor his wages as they were clearly willing to do so last time around.

Look at Everton's team for goodness sake! How many of those guys are on massive wages would you say?

I reckon they could clearly make an exception for a top player if they wanted to. I would imagine they could afford to pay Owen for sure.

I tend to agree I think they do probably have the money to make him an acceptable offer.

The problem might be though is wage structure and what sort of effect that bringing in a player at a considerably higher rate than everyone else has on team morale. Everton success has largely been built around team spirit, I'm not sure Moyes will want to upset the boat.

But as I said before I think this on could very well come off.

The thing is though, it is not some random foreigner who they will be giving this money to, but England's Michael Owen, and therefore I'm not sure it would have as negative an impact.

I have to say when you look at teams like Everton, Villa and Blackburn and what they have been able to achieve without really having any players on crazy wages it makes you appreciate our new owners viewpoint. The likes of Viduka, Smith, Emre, Duff are absolutely killing us right now in terms of wages and the aren't really worth what they are getting paid at all.

Utter bollocks.

£10m was the rumour I heard :lol: No club could even buy his right boot for that, nevermind our rivals. I've only heard it the once though, hardly a major rumour. The Owen and Gera ones are a lot more widespread.

Joleon Lescott ... what a monumental signing that was. It's always the successes that you don't quite anticipate that are the sweetest.

The likes of Lescott and even Jagielka have shone so brightly for Everton this season, but you suggest Newcastle by a player from one of the relegated teams or a championship team and you will immediately hear some say buying from these teams is aiming too low.

Considering Everton were in for him when he first signed for us I wouldn't be so sure they wouldn't be able to affor his wages as they were clearly willing to do so last time around.

Look at Everton's team for goodness sake! How many of those guys are on massive wages would you say?

I reckon they could clearly make an exception for a top player if they wanted to. I would imagine they could afford to pay Owen for sure.

I tend to agree I think they do probably have the money to make him an acceptable offer.

The problem might be though is wage structure and what sort of effect that bringing in a player at a considerably higher rate than everyone else has on team morale. Everton success has largely been built around team spirit, I'm not sure Moyes will want to upset the boat.

But as I said before I think this on could very well come off.

The thing is though, it is not some random foreigner who they will be giving this money to, but England's Michael Owen, and therefore I'm not sure it would have as negative an impact.

I have to say when you look at teams like Everton, Villa and Blackburn and what they have been able to achieve without really having any players on crazy wages it makes you appreciate our new owners viewpoint. The likes of Viduka, Smith, Emre, Duff are absolutely killing us right now in terms of wages and the aren't really worth what they are getting paid at all.

Yep, and it's a Owen reputation that is the very reason I wouldn't write this one off.

Absolutely agree with on the success other clubas have had with smaller wage pools than us. If the league table was decide on wage bills we would be challenge for CL football every year, instead of lanquishing in mid table medicority.

Utter bollocks.

Lescott is overrrated

My god, what does that make our defenders then? He is certainly showing his quality in arguably the hardest position to shine in.

Utter bollocks.

Lescott is overrrated

Underrated iyam

Utter bollocks.

Lescott is overrrated

My god, what does that make our defenders then? He is certainly showing his quality in arguably the hardest position to shine in.

Im saying he is overrated, not that he is not a quality player. Hes just English and doing it good in a team that is on its way up, you love that in England.

totally agree.

Bolton release 3 including Campo and Stelios http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/7406200.stm

Can't remember which manager we were under but I'm sure we coveted Stelios for quite a while with big sums talked about. A lucky escape perhaps.

Might have been Souness' era?

They aren't beating arsenal for a while then  :lol:

ALways Campo and Stelios that sort us out.

Everton have a squad of good players with a good manager and will be playing in Europe.

yeah. but nothing we cant acheive. he's already said he couldnt be happier with the manager and fans, family happy etc. obviously they've got european football NOW so i could see the draw from that point of view. but its not like we're talking about a youngster with stars in his eyes, its michael owen, he's played for real madrid and been an england regular since he was 18, is he gonna go and play in a smaller ground, less fans, less potential, for a couple of uefa cup ties and to finish 2 places higher in the league? if he is he can fuck off with my blessing. everton? meh.

I doubt its anything to do with his comments. Everton are clearly better than us at the moment.

so you think if he moved it would simply be out of a desire to play for a better team? sounds like a stupid question tbh but there's a lot more context to it than it suggests.

Yes I think it would. Owen wouldn't suddenly turned round and thought "fuck me Keegan is right, we aren't going to break into the top 4 soon. Lucky he told me, I'm off to Everton".