Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I always find the whole Arshavin wank-fest a bit odd. Surely if he really was THAT good he would have been spotted about five or six years ago, and not now?

He seems to be living off about two good games in Euro 2008 if I'm honest.

Still would have him here in half a heartbeat, mind.

not really, was very good in the Zenit league and Waffa Cup winning team of last season.

Ideal player for Arsenal - smallish, weak as piss, no proper position.

Landon Donovan has completed his loan switch from Los Angeles Galaxy to Bayern Munich.

They also signed Olic from Hamburg.......guess Podolski is on his way then (wish it was to us.....cheeky loan bid?)

...but Olic is wank?

Olic is quality.

Anyway, he's moving at the end of the season.

16.26 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that talks are taking place with Arsenal regarding a deal for Andrei Arshavin.

I'd rather Arteta, a good player who doesnt whore himself about despite his massive talent!

Two different players really. Arteta tends to be deployed out wide in the play maker role providing quality for the strikers. Arshavin tends to play just off the striker in the "the hole" and probably has an all round better game than Arteta.

Arsenal would be better off chasing defensive players rather than trying to add to an already more than competent attack.

16.26 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that talks are taking place with Arsenal regarding a deal for Andrei Arshavin.

I'd rather Arteta, a good player who doesnt whore himself about despite his massive talent!

Two different players really. Arteta tend to be deployed out wide play maker role providing quality for the strikers. Arshavin tends to play just off the striker in the "the hole" and probably has an all round better game than Arteta.

Arsenal would be better off chasing defensive players rather than trying to add to an already more than competent attack.

A defender and DMer are on there way this window :)

Guest johnson293

City offering Parker £100k per week, fkn hell the worlds gone mad!

mackems.gif

^ This!

Its amazing that, should this move to Man City happen for the reported £12m fee, then Parker will have commanded a total of £35.5m in transfer fees, in the last 5 years!!!

2004 Charlton - Chelsea £10m

2005 Chelsea - NUFC £6.5m

2007 NUFC - West Ham £7m

2009 West Ham - Citeh £12m (if it happens)

Crazy money, for what is quite honestly a very ordinary player.

Two different players really. Arteta tend to be deployed out wide play maker role providing quality for the strikers. Arshavin tends to play just off the striker in the "the hole" and probably has an all round better game than Arteta.

I find it hilarious how Milan and Barca apparently offered £30m for Adebayor in the summer and Arsene turned them down. :lol:

The number of chances he misses is unreal. If the likes of a 27-year old Shearer was in that Arsenal team last season, he would have gotten almost 50 goals.

Christ, Denilson in talks with Bolton! (THE Denilson not the Arsenal kid)

the godfather of stepovers you mean?

Aye. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Could be handy as an impact player coming off the bench.

Maybe it was someone else at Bolton brining in these older ex superstar players then and Allardyce had nothing to do with it at all !

Such a typical Sam/Bolton type signing. Might be decent for them. Would never have thought Megson capable of attracting that type of player

Guest palnese

Christ, Denilson in talks with Bolton! (THE Denilson not the Arsenal kid)

the godfather of stepovers you mean?

Aye. Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Could be handy as an impact player coming off the bench.

Maybe it was someone else at Bolton brining in these older ex superstar players then and Allardyce had nothing to do with it at all !

Such a typical Sam/Bolton type signing. Might be decent for them. Would never have thought Megson capable of attracting that type of player

i reckon he will be piss poor and to be released in the summer if he comes.. probably more past it than nicky butt. how old is he anyway? in his 30s surely?

who are you after for these positions?

Guest LucaAltieri

I can see Arshavin fitting in really well at Arsenal.

Because he's a big time Charlie who'll go missing when the going gets tough?

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, he was non-existant against the Dutch in Euro 08 wasnt he? :idiot2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

But do the Dutch play like Stoke, Bolton, Wigan?

Guest firetotheworks

No but they employed rough tactics to try and keep him quiet. I dont think Arshavins quality is in doubt, he merely made the mistake of saying every team was his dream move.

Guest sicko2ndbest

No but they employed rough tactics to try and keep him quiet. I dont think Arshavins quality is in doubt, he merely made the mistake of saying every team was his dream move.

I'm sceptical how Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky can work. Too similar!

I'm sceptical how Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky can work. Too similar!

Nasri is more of a winger and Rosicky is very injury prone.