Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can see Arshavin fitting in really well at Arsenal.

Because he's a big time Charlie who'll go missing when the going gets tough?

Aye, he was non-existant against the Dutch in Euro 08 wasnt he? :idiot2:

But do the Dutch play like Stoke, Bolton, Wigan?

No but they employed rough tactics to try and keep him quiet. I dont think Arshavins quality is in doubt, he merely made the mistake of saying every team was his dream move.

I'm sceptical how Nasri, Arshavin, Rosicky can work. Too similar!

Nasri is more of a winger and Rosicky is very injury prone.

I would say Arshavin is a winger. In fact i think Nasri and Arshavin are very similar indeed

Guest palnese

No but they employed rough tactics to try and keep him quiet. I dont think Arshavins quality is in doubt, he merely made the mistake of saying every team was his dream move.

I would say Arshavin is a winger. In fact i think Nasri and Arshavin are very similar indeed

none of them are wingers tbh.. two classic nr 10s.

I'd say he's more of a second striker, attacking midfielder sort of player.

i see what you mean. arsenal seem to be collecting a bunch of vaguely wide midfield/winger/forwards who sometimes lack a real defined position, without making a system to accomodate or get the best out of them. vela, walcott, nasri, rosicky, wilshere, arshavin. even eboue and diaby play out wide. theyd be better off going after a striker, an imposing midfielder and a central defender. though if Arshavin is coming in to play alongside Adebayor or Van Persie then it would make more sense.

I think the Arshavin signing pretty much signifies that Rosicky is a long way off and might not be the same when he returns.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'd say he's more of a second striker, attacking midfielder sort of player.

Id say his positions were LW/2nd striker

Then you'd be wrong.

Arshavin is a second striker, or an attacking midfielder. He's at his best when he's got a free role in the hole between the midfield and strikers.

Guest Heneage

Then you'd be wrong.

Arshavin is a second striker, or an attacking midfielder. He's at his best when he's got a free role in the hole between the midfield and strikers.

You mean the same role Nasri used to inhabit for Marseille ? aye that'll be the one.

16.26 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that talks are taking place with Arsenal regarding a deal for Andrei Arshavin.

I'd rather Arteta, a good player who doesnt whore himself about despite his massive talent!

You can't afford Arteta. Nor would Moyes sell him anyway.

16.26 Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed to Sky Sports News that talks are taking place with Arsenal regarding a deal for Andrei Arshavin.

I'd rather Arteta, a good player who doesnt whore himself about despite his massive talent!

How much you reckon Arteta is worth?

Then you'd be wrong.

You mean the same role Nasri used to inhabit for Marseille ? aye that'll be the one.

Don't watch French football, but I was commenting on Arshavin being a winger. Maybe I should have bolded that bit though.

More importantly Arteta is Everton through and through. He would never push to leave seems to love it there.

If Bentley and Downing are £15 million then Arteta should at the very least start off at that price minimum.

More importantly Arteta is Everton through and through. He would never push to leave seems to love it there.

If Bentley and Downing are £15 million then Arteta should at the very least start off at that price minimum.

Especially since he's back to his very best form now.

I wouldn't have been bothered about selling him in the summer tbh because he'd been in shit form for ages but since we put him back into the centre instead of on the right he's been back to his old self.

Guillem Balague said we asked Zaragoza for £25m a couple of years ago, he's not worth quite that much obviously but it gives an idea of what it would take for a club to get him from us. The Arsenal rumours in the papers, that he'd go to a direct rival in the league for only £12m, were just laughable.

I think he'll only leave us if one of the really top Spanish clubs like Real Madrid come knocking and pay a premium.

Especially since he's back to his very best form now.

I wouldn't have been bothered about selling him in the summer tbh because he'd been in s*** form for ages but since we put him back into the centre instead of on the right he's been back to his old self.

Guillem Balague said we asked Zaragoza for £25m a couple of years ago, he's not worth quite that much obviously but it gives an idea of what it would take for a club to get him from us. The Arsenal rumours in the papers, that he'd go to a direct rival in the league for only £12m, were just laughable.

I think he'll only leave us if one of the really top Spanish clubs like Real Madrid come knocking and pay a premium.

I think the simple fact is he's our best player by a mile, and we'd demand top dollar for him, so we can get a very good replacement (or 2).

Guest Heneage

Then you'd be wrong.

Don't watch French football, but I was commenting on Arshavin being a winger. Maybe I should have bolded that bit though.

Ah my apologies then mate, I thought you were commenting on the entire statement.

City offering Parker £100k per week, fkn hell the worlds gone mad!

mackems.gif

^ This!

Its amazing that, should this move to Man City happen for the reported £12m fee, then Parker will have commanded a total of £35.5m in transfer fees, in the last 5 years!!!

2004 Charlton - Chelsea £10m

2005 Chelsea - NUFC £6.5m

2007 NUFC - West Ham £7m

2009 West Ham - Citeh £12m (if it happens)

Crazy money, for what is quite honestly a very ordinary player.

Was more like £12m [/pedant]

To be fair, I think Parker is very overrated by most but underrated by us.

I can remember some sensational performances by him for us. Arsenal, Bolton, Fulham, Alkmaar, Liverpool (all at home) were all excellent performances where he drove us forward from midfield, broke up play and used the ball well. We certainly need a midfielder with all these attributes now.

He also produced a lot of average to poor performances as well but since Bobby left, how many good performances have we seen from our centre midfielders? Excluding the above games from Parker, you could probably count them on one hand.

To be fair, I think Parker is very overrated by most but underrated by us.

I can remember some sensational performances by him for us. Arsenal, Bolton, Fulham, Alkmaar, Liverpool (all at home) were all excellent performances where he drove us forward from midfield, broke up play and used the ball well. We certainly need a midfielder with all these attributes now.

He also produced a lot of average to poor performances as well but since Bobby left, how many good performances have we seen from our centre midfielders? Excluding the above games from Parker, you could probably count them on one hand.

Remember that Arsenal game where Nobby scored the winner. The fighting spirit Parker showed was mindblowing, and he had to be strechered off cause he had thrown himself into about every Arse player out there.

Didn't he get the full weight of Toure or Lauren on his head about 3 times? :lol: