Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Apparantly we're in for Leighton Baines. Heard he's been rather shite at Everton so i'd appreciate any of the 2 Everton fans to give a little feedback on him???

Expected that Sebastian Przyrowski will sign for Spurs tomorrow from Polonia Warsaw as back up to Gomes.  That should end the speculation about Spurs wanting Given once and for all.  Being said that Appiah will be announced at the same time.

Apparantly we're in for Leighton Baines. Heard he's been rather shite at Everton so i'd appreciate any of the 2 Everton fans to give a little feedback on him???

Isnt he their only fit left back at the moment?

Expected that Sebastian Przyrowski will sign for Spurs tomorrow from Polonia Warsaw as back up to Gomes.  That should end the speculation about Spurs wanting Given once and for all.  Being said that Appiah will be announced at the same time.

Ahh, you read the Telegraph!

Hasn't been given enough of a chance KD. He's been canny when he has played but not given a consistent run in the side, which I find bamboozling. He's not the sort of player who strikes me as a major improvement to what you have but under 'arry, who knows, he may shine. Certainly has the potential.

And nah, we have Lescott who can play disturbingly well there.

Guest kingdawson

Apparantly we're in for Leighton Baines. Heard he's been rather s**** at Everton so i'd appreciate any of the 2 Everton fans to give a little feedback on him???

Isnt he their only fit left back at the moment?

and he still can't get a game :lol:. Honestly though, the rumour is that they'll be offering us him and £ for Bent. Maybe Moyes would be willing to sacrifice him for a striker.

Guest kingdawson

Hasn't been given enough of a chance KD. He's been canny when he has played but not given a consistent run in the side, which I find bamboozling. He's not the sort of player who strikes me as a major improvement to what you have but under 'arry, who knows, he may shine. Certainly has the potential.

And nah, we have Lescott who can play disturbingly well there.

Cheers mate. Always thought he was an excellent prospect at Wigan but havn't seen enough of him at Everton.

Apparantly we're in for Leighton Baines. Heard he's been rather s**** at Everton so i'd appreciate any of the 2 Everton fans to give a little feedback on him???

Hasn't been shit at all

Was brilliant in his first couple of months at the club until he got injured and lost his place to a combination of Jags' emergence as a centre half and Lescott taking to left back like a duck to water.

Since then he's only been in the team when others have been injured or suspended. Subsequently had some average games because he was rusty but is playing every week at the moment because Yobo is out and is playing very well.

I really hope we keep him. I like our team better with him at fullback and Lescott & Jags in the middle. Think Moyes prefers to have Yobo in the side though, he's our longest serving player and is supposed to be getting a new long term deal soon.

Guest Heneage

Spurs fans giving it large to welcome a player who was the 3rd choice striker last season return made me smile.

I await a daft explanation of how they made a profit on him or some other ridiculous claim.

http://glory-glory.co.uk/blogs/dazzalondon/archive/2009/01/07/how-much-did-defoe-really-cost.aspx

Christ Bradford and Bingley must be Spurs fans with that financial thinking.

Guest kingdawson

Is Bale any good at LB, kd?

Abysmal is the word i'd use tbh (this season at least). Think he can play there if needed but he looks a much better player playing LM. The thing is, it really dosn't help him having a complete lazy Beckham wanabee like Bentley, playing infront of him, so he rarely has anyone helping him out. He looks much better when O'hara plays lm or when the brilliant Steed Malbranque did last season.

Guest quklaani

I remember Spurs fan gloating after they "beat us" to Bale (I don't think we were ever that interested.)  It'd be ridiculous to write him off, but still, it makes me laugh.  If he does end up useless and Fabio is as good as the hype, then I shall be greatly amused.

I'm not gonna pretend to know who this guy we signed is, I guess he has a cool name...

Shocking behaviour from Megson, with his comments today.

Its no suprise football clubs can work transfers like that but why tell everyone thats what your doing?

Hope whomever he is after turns them down and Davenport sticks two fingers up.

Kinnear like behavior of the highest order!

Its no suprise football clubs can work transfers like that but why tell everyone thats what your doing?

What has he said ?

Guest kingdawson

I remember Spurs fan gloating after they "beat us" to Bale (I don't think we were ever that interested.)  It'd be ridiculous to write him off, but still, it makes me laugh.  If he does end up useless and Fabio is as good as the hype, then I shall be greatly amused.

I'm not gonna pretend to know who this guy we signed is, I guess he has a cool name...

Ok number 1, you were interested and Ferguson admitted it. Number 2, no one's written him off. He's a good player that has been playing shite at left back this season,simple. Most spurs fans are of the opinion that he'll come good in time (he was exceptional last season).

What has he said ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/7818181.stm

Just basically saying they have got Davenport on the verge of signing, but they are just going to see if a better deal can come off before they make him sign.

What has he said ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/7818181.stm

Just basically saying they have got Davenport on the verge of signing, but they are just going to see if a better deal can come off before they make him sign.

Wow ... it's one thing to actually do this but to openly talk about it like this is just disgusting behaviour.

It can't be for real. I think he's just trying to pressure Davenport into maybe accepting a lower wage than what he wants.

It's pretty sad though, to think that whenever anything that could be even remotely construed as exciting for Spurs is about to happen, the first thought in Martin Jol's mind is "OMFG I've gotta go act ITK on that Newcastle board!"

Give it a rest dude, he's just posting something he's heard on here, not trying to offend anyone. It's no coincidence that he's posting transfer news now given that the window is open. I don't think the stick he gets is fair at all.