Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Real signed  Robben for 24 million and Huntelaar for about 20 million, wouldn't make much sense to sell them both for 30 and throwing  in Heinze. Sounds like a load of rubbish.

Get out.

One knockback already for the yids..

Robben set to snub Spurs

Arjen Robben's father insists the winger will not be joining Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

The Real Madrid man is amongst a number of players who could be surplus to requirements at the Santiago Bernabeu after Florentino Perez's enormous spending spree has seen Kaka join and Cristiano Ronaldo on the way.

Hans Robben, who is also the Dutch International's agent, has moved quickly to quash recent reports that the former Chelsea midfielder has been in talks with the London outfit about a return to the Premier League.

Robben senior told Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad: "There are reports currently circulating on the internet that the agent of Arjen has confirmed there are talks with Spurs.

"But the only who is representing him is me and I don't know anything about it. At the moment we are not in action with any other team than Real Madrid."

Robben Snr is adamant his son will not be playing under Harry Redknapp next season adding: "I even want to bet on a bottle of wine Arjen won't play there."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5385471,00.html

Rumours that Reo-Coker is going to Spurs as part of some deal involving two of Jenas / Huddlestone / Bentley.

I fucking hope so. Great tackler, totally incapable of passing the ball to someone in the same colour shirt no matter how close they are, box to box midfielder in the sense that he gets to the other box then runs into someone and loses possession.

With Barry gone Jenas just about shit on what Villa have on midfield so i can't see what you are complaining about Brummie, you should be happy.

Because we need creativity in the middle.

Rumours that Reo-Coker is going to Spurs as part of some deal involving two of Jenas / Huddlestone / Bentley.

I f***ing hope so. Great tackler, totally incapable of passing the ball to someone in the same colour shirt no matter how close they are, box to box midfielder in the sense that he gets to the other box then runs into someone and loses possession.

Bentley's best made who posts on GG says Bentley definitely isn't talking to Villa at the present time but may do in the future.  KD could well  know more about it.

Guest Roger Kint

With Barry gone Jenas just about s*** on what Villa have on midfield so i can't see what you are complaining about Brummie, you should be happy.

Steven Defour is twice the price but has more ability in his excrement than Jenas ever will have on a pitch. You are linked heavily today.

Spurs are also talking to Arda Turan's agent about the player making the move, seems to be more likely than Ashley Young who prefers to go to Chelsea. 

Young is never going to go to Spurs, for two reasons. Firstly - why? What would be the point? Secondly - you couldn't afford him.

Agree totally with the first reason, disagree with the second, there is money for the right signings.

It's widely reported that AY hasn't settled in the area and his family are Spurs ST holders but that's no reason to expect him to sign.  I agree with you, Young is never going to go to Spurs.

With Barry gone Jenas just about s*** on what Villa have on midfield so i can't see what you are complaining about Brummie, you should be happy.

Steven Defour is twice the price but has more ability in his excrement than Jenas ever will have on a pitch. You are linked heavily today.

The rating of Jermaine Jenas perplexes me.

Guest Roger Kint

The rating of Jermaine Jenas perplexes me.

He had one great season for us then disapeared up his(or someone elses) arse til signing for Spurs. From what i have seen he blows very hot and cold there too. I thought we robbed Spurs by doubling our money selling him, havent seen anything since to suggest we were wrong to get rid.

Spurs are also talking to Arda Turan's agent about the player making the move, seems to be more likely than Ashley Young who prefers to go to Chelsea. 

Young is never going to go to Spurs, for two reasons. Firstly - why? What would be the point? Secondly - you couldn't afford him.

Agree totally with the first reason, disagree with the second, there is money for the right signings.

It's widely reported that AY hasn't settled in the area and his family are Spurs ST holders but that's no reason to expect him to sign.  I agree with you, Young is never going to go to Spurs.

Not having a go at you, MJ, but there are two of the most tiresome, continually trotted out London club cliches of the transfer market there.

Firstly the "widely reported he's not settled in the area" / "wants to return to London" line (despite being from, err, Stevenage). Widely reported where? On every football forum on the internet, that's a phrase that gets trotted out when there is a rumour of a London club after a non London club player. I've not seen it yet in relation to the NRC / Spurs link, but I bet you what you like we hear it in the next few days.

Secondly, the boyhood Spurs / boyhood Arsenal fan line. Spurs and Arsenal must be the two greatest supported clubs in the world, given the number of families of footballers they have supporting them. We heard that story when we signed Curtis Davies (boyhood Spurs fan) and he didnt go there, and we heard the same when we signed Young (didn't go there).

On the price of Young, if MON thought Barry was worth 20m when he had two years left on his contract, how much do you think he'd rate Young (signed four year contract 6 months ago) at?

Guest Roger Kint

Real Madrid's potential midfield next season:

Ronaldo......Kaka.......Sneijder......Robben

Hmmmm, not bad!

Diarra will be in the middle. That midfield is great with the ball but god help their dodgy defence when the opposition are attacking.  Cant see much tracking back there.

Not having a go at you, MJ, but there are two of the most tiresome, continually trotted out London club cliches of the transfer market there.

Firstly the "widely reported he's not settled in the area" / "wants to return to London" line (despite being from, err, Stevenage). Widely reported where? On every football forum on the internet, that's a phrase that gets trotted out when there is a rumour of a London club after a non London club player. I've not seen it yet in relation to the NRC / Spurs link, but I bet you what you like we hear it in the next few days.

they:re grown men and they need to go crying home to their mums still  :rolleyes: ridiculous excuse about being homesick.

Birmingham is only an hour and a half away from London isnt it?